Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Pyre

6 years ago
Pyre from Supergiant (Bastion, Transistor) is coming out today. Interestingly, beyond phenomenal art and sound, it seems they've invested in the narrative, which plays like a Twine game within the game. Anyone else plan to buy this?

Pyre

6 years ago

I saw some of the game and while the artwork and narrative look fine, just really not liking the gameplay. Almost looks like a fantasy basketball game.

Pyre

6 years ago
Honestly, the game isn't unlocked yet so I cannot comment at the gameplay myself, but I take a Eurogamer Essential very seriously (I honestly impulse bought it the moment I saw that review, though I've stopped buying games otherwise, due to reasons both time and financial). Expect more here in two days (it unlocks in another 19 hours or so)

Pyre

6 years ago
The Soundtrack is probably one of the best I've heard in a game, the art is brilliant and vivid, and the sports part is fine. I like a lot of the design choices they've made, and the world lore and character stories and personalities are strong. Really happy with this one.

Pyre

6 years ago

I plan to buy it, but i'm not sure it would appeal to me much.

Pyre

6 years ago
Go for it if you liked Bastion or Transistor, and if you haven't played either yet, go for them, they're fantastic games.

Pyre

6 years ago

I played Bastion, that one really surprised me. I expected it to be kinda dull since it looked rather generic, but the game was extremely entertaining.

Pyre

6 years ago
This one's a CYOA lover's dream, it's pretty much a well written, animated, and painted CYoA propped up behind a fun yet challenging tag team game.

Pyre

6 years ago
Alright, to anyone who likes CYOAs and can reasonably track a moving ball on a screen, I strongly recommend Pyre, it may be the best stealth CYOA title launched till date, and is definitely in my top 10 games of this year. One campaign (the full story) lasts ~11-12 hours, and the story moves on no matter if you win a round or lose, with interesting consequences either way.