Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Summer Slam Contest Predictions/Polling Thread

6 years ago

Well, I liked the way the last one turned out, so here's another. My guessed winner did win second place and a feathered storygame slot by the way. :)

So, what do you predict for this contest. Will Mizal finally receive a member award trophy, or will she be lazy (and take down the storygame)? Will Romulus anger everybody and win (since he already has BZ's beautiful trophy)? Will there actually be a storygame submitted before August 31st?

Anyway, here's my predictions.
I believe that this'll bring about quite a few gems for the site. Malk, Saika, AzBaz, plus the aforementioned Mizal and Romulus should all give good entries I believe (with one of them most likely dropping the ball). Another member will surprise us all with a strong entry. I'll hopefully hit a 6/8 ranking. About half of us will not submit anything that can stay up by CYS standards, and about three others will take down their storygames once the contest is over.

So, what do you think? I'm rather curious to know. Thanks. :)

6 years ago

I don't know people well enough to any sort of guess.

If I get mine completely finished in time, it'll be freakin' awesome. I'm not planning on it being too terribly long, but there isn't much more that I'd have a chance at completing. 

Only able to work on it a total of around 10 days. Joined less than two weeks ago, lots of things planned with fellow homo sapiens regarding the issue of my birthday coming up soon and solar eclipse, losing my glasses/hat/shoe (singular) to the river god after flipping in my inflatable kayak on something towards the upper end of a class 3 rapid, back to school worries, keeping an update schedule with my fledgling comic, and trying to figure out how the scripting system here works. 

But I ain't usin' that as an excuse. I said I'd do it, so I'll try my damn hardest to see it through. Even though I'm probably slowly killing myself because I take too much on at once. Cause ya know, it's sorta nearly 1 am here and I'm still frying mah brain. 

6 years ago
I have a feeling Saika will bust out something pretty insane despite starting with like two weeks left. Orange, Romulus, and Malk have all been worryingly quiet so far. Mizal seems to be bouncing between concentrating on lizard people and stressing about the deadline but she's a good writer so who tf knows? I'm also wary of you and Ogre.

6 years ago
I'm not writing about lizard people currently, just thinking ahead. That was a big ass project I shelved for the sake of switching to the contest story and I'll be getting back on it ASAP once I'm done with superheroes.

Malk is only doing a small project and I'm not sure if he'll finish it now because of personal stuff, but his actual writing is a lot better than most people realize so if he completes a story I think it will place pretty high.

6 years ago

I hope that I'm that other person, but I have no real idea as to how my second person writing compares to the other people of this site. There's the off chance that I'm actually much better than I imagine, but sadly, it appears that the chances of that are much lower. Wibbons has pretty good predictions, so I'll go with those for now. Until I've enough time to develop my own, until then, I'll slink back into my writng haze. 

6 years ago

Your predictions are pretty good. :D @Saika has been binge writing haha. They're quite a few quality writers in this contest, so I'm eager to see who'll win and what the judges think. I think Mizal got this one, and don't forget MK! He's a pretty good writer as well. Hmm... "Another member will surprise us all with a strong entry." ~> any thoughts on who?

6 years ago

Well there's one week left, anyone have new predictions? 

I think we're likely to get a flood of stories this coming weekend, and I have no idea who's actually going to submit something. I don't have a particular favorite to win, but imagine it'll be someone mentioned in the OP. (I'm still holding on to the hopes that I'm better than I'm telling myself)

Aside from that, I wonder who will actually submit something. Only one entry thus far, and there are still many many people with stories to put out. 

6 years ago

My guess is that Ogre will win, or at the very least place. His is the only submission so far, but it's really good. That being said, good luck to everyone! It looks like the competition is fierce on this one. At least, I hope there will be more entries on par with Ogre's.

6 years ago

Ogre apparently decided to scare some of the competition away by submitting early. I'm wondering if Rom will submit anything, which I'm guessing to be a no know; however, Mizal is still going to submit something. (So will I, and mine hopefully will make Ogre's story at least work for a victory). Malk has dropped out if what I've heard is correct. AzBaz has a good one from what I can tell. I'm not sure about the rest of y'all.

Newest prediction: the winner won't get a featured slot, but another competitor will. <- If that happens, then I'll look like a fortune teller. :)
Also: The results will take over ten days to be given to us unwashed masses.

6 years ago
I bet before reading what the contest topic was and then realized simultaniously that 1) I don't even have ideas and 2) I can't take my bet back. Never even started.

my sources say that ogre will win or at least place. not revealing my sources

6 years ago

Alright then. Now that the contest is over, and we've had time to browse around the stories, who do y'all think will win.