Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

School DACA Protest

6 years ago

Before I start I just want to say my highchool is in Arizona, so the race is more leaned towards minorities.

It was just a normal Friday, quiet as usual in 4th period. Class was going by slow in Algebra II. My phone was taken away due to 17%. in that same class so I didn't know what everyone was planning until a few Mexicans started to walk out without saying a word from class that caught our conservative Jewish Substitute off-guard. A few other people checked their phones aka snapchat and also followed in walk out he door. Keep in mind our school resembles a giant cul de sac with a giant open field in the middle, where we were about to have club rush during lunch hour.

My class of 35 was dropped to 7, including me and a few other white kids. Looking out the giant window that was in view of the giant center field I could see well over a hundred kids (200 maybe) all sitting down in the middle, with security already out their talking on their talkies about stuff. A few liberal teachers were also out there, along with other teachers who had their entire class drained. A few students got up and formed one giant chain around the circle but no words were exchanged. 

A few of the people left in my class looked at me, as it seemed as they were wondering why I wasn't joining my 'brothers' in this act of defiance against DACA removal. Well I didn't know what the fuck was going on since no one really spread the word other then on snapchat, I thought it was something completely unrelated.

The walkout lasted for like 10-15 minutes, until some teens got the bright idea to start vaping and playing some hardcore Kendrick Lamar on a portable speaker. That's when security and the teachers took action and made everyone disperse. 

Day went on normally after that, other than a group of Mexicans breaking out the portable speakers once again and playing mariachi music back out on the field during lunch, which led to a all out salsa/dance session from a wide variety of students.That part was kinda queer in my opinion. ^_^ just jesting.

Anyway we have a varsity game today and theres talks of another protest, though I wont be able to make it. Just thought I'd share.

School DACA Protest

6 years ago

Yeah, that does sound a bit queer. 

School DACA Protest

6 years ago
Well fuck if it's okay to just walk out of class like that you should just stay home all next week to play video games and tell the principal you're protesting.

School DACA Protest

6 years ago

But then there would be no cool and inspiring snap chat stories to brag about how much of a 'difference maker'' you are.

<>

6 years ago
TLDR give me a 1 1/2 sentence summary on what the fuck DACA is because it's clearly not an english word.