Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Mobile CYOA. Do you like them?

6 years ago

Hi guys!

Is there anybody who likes mobile app interactive stories? Do you have your favorite one? I know a lot of rubbish Episode stories, but it is really hard to find something good. The last worthy story I read was Huntsman on Playmarket. Their random events blow my mind smiley

6 years ago

I guess you must really like it, since you signed up to CoG to talk about the Huntsman as well.

6 years ago

It's because his company published it :P

6 years ago

Does using CYS on a mobile device count as mobile CYOA? If so, then yes.

6 years ago

Not most of them. I have the Horror in the Pacific and Horror in the Darkness games.

As well as that, Magium was pretty good. *waiting for more*

Paladins was great too.

6 years ago

The ones I tend to pay are from the COG (Choice of Game) guys. I have just found there games to be the most fun.

6 years ago

I don't really consider Choice of Games to be choose your own adventure. Their stories are entirely linear, and your choices don't affect the course of the game at all. They only affect the immediate dialogue, and most of the choices are just right or wrong. I also find the plot to be quite shallow, and if you want to make any "exciting" choices (which are just little side stories that do nothing to advance the plot) you have to sell your firstborn.

Edit: Nevermind. Was thinking of wrong company.

6 years ago

Wow, thanks! Will definitely try them soon

6 years ago

Most of the COG games are overpriced for what they are in my opinon.

The Zombie Exodus series was honestly what I actually really enjoyed, even they they fucking charge 5 dollars for each part.

Edit: I find irony in that COG is blocked at my high school's computers yet this website isn't.

6 years ago

$5 per chapter??? I thought that $3,99 for 10 chapters of Huntsman is too much surprise

6 years ago

Agreed. Mostly stick with trying the free demos for each game.

Some are interesting and have good scenarios, just a lot of them have not enough choices for a CYOA IMO.  I just feel railroaded most of the time and what choices I make feel like window dressing, much like I felt at the end of ME3.

6 years ago

Personally, I enjoyed "The Dryad's Riddle". It's puzzles were very mind-provoking and the content of the story itself was better than most other COG games. Haven't gotten to the end yet, but I give it 5/5 Tims so far.

*Shameless plugging intensifies*

6 years ago

Thanks. I will add it to my list