Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

cys used to be so active, where did the time go?

6 years ago

ah. in the many months, perhaps a year on my absence, things have died down. old members didn't return. delta44 is still burning in australian hell for all we know. endmaster is still at it. sent's still at it. i haven't seen much of my old friends since then.

where did everyone go?

alas, i miss the old cys, where we bickered and fought and made up and voted each other for cys choice awards. 

6 years ago

this is starting to get repetitive. 

6 years ago

i wasn't aware it was, but thanks for reminding me and/or keeping me updated.

6 years ago

is your new lowercase "woaaaah i've been gone for sooooooo long guys!11" with each/most/some(?) of your posts gonna be a permanent thing? i'm just genuinely curious.

6 years ago

my friends messed with my phone and turned off auto-caps. i should change it, but to be completely honest, i can't be bothered. maybe i will. most likely. good question.

6 years ago

this is why friends are not necessary. happiness can only be found when one rejects intimate relationships with others. this is why i have no friends and only enemies.

i also cry myself to sleep sometimes.

and i've been better off so far. :)

6 years ago

>.>

Do you need a hug?

6 years ago

I see what you're trying to do, but that action costs mana that I do not have.

6 years ago

Just use an Ether!

Foiled again. Dangit.

6 years ago

*slowly picks up phone to call suicide prevention hotline* ...

6 years ago

*teleports behind you*

hmph, must be amateur hour.

nothing personnel, aty.

6 years ago

That would be 1-800-273-8255.

6 years ago

*frantically mashes button* thanks, tim. best tim.

6 years ago

... Not that I knew it by heart or anything.

6 years ago

this rapidly became a shitpost.

6 years ago

Well, I mean, this post was just not true mostly.

6 years ago

in fact, i suppose this thread is resolved, since the fact that we've reaped in about 20 or so replies within, what, ten or fifteen minutes of posting?

6 years ago
you addressed cys in a typical shitpost about how cys isn't the same. thread turned to pissing into an ocean of piss within 3 posts and so your OP is now incorrect. CYS is still clearly the same.

6 years ago

Battlemage is truly rolling over in his bed right now. A concerned but attentive Royal trying to console his lover with a sheet clutched against his chest. 

6 years ago

revelations. you should write a book.

6 years ago

I consider them "acquaintances," to avoid that. :^)

that was a lie. i'm lying.

6 years ago

Are you sure about that, Minne? 

6 years ago

I'm not sure about anything. I consider anything to be possible, including the fact that I could be lying about lying.

6 years ago

It's okay, I think I can figure out the truth... somehow.

6 years ago

Good luck with that yes

6 years ago

Whataya talkin bout aty

We still do those first two things

6 years ago

oh shit waddup

true

6 years ago

Yyyyes

Hi

6 years ago

do you mean: yeet

6 years ago

Nooooo.

6 years ago

missing out, man.

6 years ago

No.

6 years ago

My guess is that with the school year, a lot of active teenagers who use this site are becoming less active.

Not sure why this needs to be a thread though tbh.

6 years ago

which is true, im not denying the fact that school is making a lot of people less available and more busy.

6 years ago
Figured out that consciousness is 1 to 1 and onto

6 years ago

the prophecy is true.

6 years ago
indeed but I highly recommend against it unless extremely bored. Mapping from ℝ10 to ℍ4 is a massive pain in the ass.

6 years ago
We recently had a thread exactly like this and it had a billion replies. We always have a ton of lurkers and people coming and going even if they don't post, and the forum has gone through periods a lot slower than this.

The vast majority of site members have never used the forum once so it's hard to keep track. I click online names and creep on profiles often though and I see people returning from years ago as well as the usual steady stream of newbs who mostly never amount to anything.

Current active members could be more active/actually talk about writing more IMO, but people got shit to do and a lot of the people who joined as kids have real lives now. (my major concern about site activity is that REVIEWS have slowed down considerably actually, but I haven't had time for those either so can't really bitch about it)

But maybe this thread will attract further lurkers who previously were too afraid of capital letters.

6 years ago

Well, I mean, I'm shit at writing. Worldbuilding, sure, but writing dialogue and actions and stuff? Nope.

I mean, if I could write a compelling story by myself, I would. But all I churn out is just poorly written, uninteresting nonsense.

I'm trying my best okay

6 years ago
Someone recently complained to me that they don't have TIME for learning/ using punctuation because of highschool and the pressures of running a failing YouTube channel. So keep in mind that even if you don't think you're that good, you are FAR better than most of the random lazy idiots out there, and they write stories all the time, even when we all wish they wouldn't.

I think you could produce something a lot better than you realize yourself, though of course there's nothing wrong with participating in the site in other ways. Simply being able to recognize a good story when you see it and leaving a short comment goes a long way, you should do more reviews because they make good people happy and enrage the bad ones.

6 years ago

Ew.

I just usually write something down, and I'm like "this is looking pretty good!", but then it's like leaving the bread out and letting it get all stale and moldy, so when I come back later it's all like "Ew. I don't like this." , and throw it all away.

I don't really like touching the new storygames. They're either kinda cringe (like me) or just have poor readability. Or both. I mean, occasionally you get the "it's so bad it's good" vibe, but in the end, it gets poor ratings as it should and gets deleted. Not really a point.

6 years ago
That's great actually because hating everything you write and loathing yourself is step one to being a good writer! Last year I deleted everything I'd ever written in a fit of artistic agony and never felt better.

But the superhero stories are all still up in the new games list and, they're actually good because they're mostly by our naturally superior forum population. You ought to give a couple of those a shot. Giving new stories by randos a little breathing space to see if they'll be bad enough for unpublishing is a perfectly valid tactic however.

E: reviewing bad games can still be great fun however as sometimes it leads to salty noobs whining in your inbox for DAYS

6 years ago

... That doesn't sound very healthy.

Eh. Guess I'll give a few a look. I recently played a few of the contest entries that "won", and they're pretty okay.

My inbox, by the way, is pretty full atm with illegal RPs a bunch of messages from cool guys I keep around for nostalgia purposes.

6 years ago
Erotic nostalgic messages? Tell us more.

Wait, no, please don't.

6 years ago
Oh and step two is crippling alcohol addiction but I don't drink very often so will probably never level up. :(

6 years ago

What the hell? I have zero salty noobs whining in my inbox and I've given some negative reviews. I feel cheated.

6 years ago
Also AYT, we still have the blow up threads with all the fighting, just not as frequently because we've been busy with back to back contests. See the @coins thread, this one's predecessor. Alas they're not always the feel good events they once were, Feefees get wounded more easily, which leads to petulant moralizing about how a good time for everyone is in fact, bad.

E: Someone should make an election thread in the Lounge for a more constructive and focused outlet for savage character assassination, just like real politics! (Minus the constructive part)

6 years ago

In terms of the number of posts, I believe we've gone down since the forum games have been nuked; however, there hasn't been many years shed over 300 post threads about a RP fantasy land full of "I drank water at the bar."

The amount over usernames and guests on the bottom seem to be as high as I've ever seen.

What really hurts is the reviews like Mizal said. Will11 has been somewhat inactive and BR is pretty much gone, so poor Mizal has been doing much of the heavy lifting recently. (Thanks Mizal.) Everyone else has been reviewing just a few at most. 

Also, hello. :)

6 years ago
*I watch Wibbons drink water at the bar.*

Also, recently, I ain't been reviewing shit.

6 years ago
CYS is very active. People post threads complaining about the inactivity of members all the time!

6 years ago

The irony is not only a thing you can feel right now, It's also currently very heavy.

6 years ago

Seriously we had this very same thread just 3 weeks ago (And AYT even posted in it)

http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/the-lounge/message/23287

And since that thread, we've had multiple arguments and a couple bannings so the place is far from being inactive.

6 years ago

Oooh I memba

6 years ago

I'm still here, I guess. Not doing much, but still here.

6 years ago

Eyyyy bb

6 years ago
I'm sorry 3J removed your primary reason for existence, but it had to be done and your personal happiness was a sacrifice we were willing to make.

6 years ago

And this is why I don't post on the forums.

Eh, it's cool. I've moved on for the most part. Still not writing shit for Hazelmyre due to being a lazy, procrastinating bastard, but what can you do?

6 years ago
What can I do? Well like everything in life, it really just depends on how many felonies I think the end result would be worth.

Right now, none, because I am also lazy. But have you considered chaining yourself up in a shack in the woods with only a typewriter and a year's supply of ravioli?

6 years ago

No, I haven't, but thanks for the idea. I might just do that.

6 years ago

*Is actually drowning this year*

I'm here, but VERY rarely. If you wanna find me more often I'm on the rolplayer guild! ;)