WatchNon-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Message

A place to sit back, hang out, and talk about anything you'd like.

The (Good)Old Days

13 days ago

So I was looking at Tower of Riddles, and I saw that it said "#4 for 2012", and that really intrigued me, since it was already #14 overall. So, I clicked it and I found out some nice things.

1) SindriV released FOUR of his Homo Perfectus series in 2012

2) BerkaZerka released Dead Man Walking and Dungeon Stompage, both very complex and time consuming games that I'm sure he spent forever on

3) All of the stories released in 2012 had a rating of six or higher, and four of those stories are now featured

So now I'm just wondering, what other cool things happened back in the day where us noobs weren't here. Good memories? Bad ones? Share them!

The (Good)Old Days

12 days ago
The ratings you're seeing for 2012 mean nothing since all the really really dire stories would have been removed, and the site's standards have increased dramatically in the last couple of years. It's not uncommon to find an old story rated 4 or higher that wouldn't even manage to stay published if posted today.

That 'games in need of ratings' list 3J added to the front page has helped a lot though in terms of evening things out.

The (Good)Old Days

12 days ago
Ah yes, those were truly the Golden Years of CYS haha! ^v^

The (Good)Old Days

12 days ago

One reoccurring bit for awhile was the whole mustache war between Berka and Aman.

The (Good)Old Days

12 days ago
Yeah, it even incorporated Killa's Toaster at one point! There may even still be old threads of it deep down in the Lounge haha!

The (Good)Old Days

12 days ago

Sometimes I wish I had found this site sooner. Oh well.

The (Good)Old Days

12 days ago

I found a list of links you made for those those related threads.

http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/the-lounge/message/11120

The (Good)Old Days

12 days ago
Wow, all but the first link are still active LOL!

Anyone interested in it should read soon, as all my Photobucket pics in there will blow up in December.

(Firk Ding Blast Photobucket...)

The (Good)Old Days

12 days ago

I'm still sorry that Forum Games got nuked. I would've liked to be able to reread all of the threads from The Tavern Between the Worlds.

The (Good)Old Days

12 days ago

It might not be as funny as some of the typical drama threads, but this one was one of the rare 300+ Lounge threads where nobody was bitching at each other and everyone was just getting along. (Impossible!)

http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/the-lounge/message/9907

The (Good)Old Days

12 days ago
I'm tempted to bump that. It's a really good game.

I guess clicky games are everywhere now but it still has unique things.

The (Good)Old Days

12 days ago

I heard they updated it and added a couple minor things, but I haven't played it in a long time.

The (Good)Old Days

12 days ago

Omgosh I remember that. Ending was anticlimatic.