Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Congratulations to the Order of Sage

6 years ago

Wow! The Sages have hit over 1,000 commendations! As of right now (the time this is being written), we have achieved a total of 1,001 commendations in total. This is pretty impressive, and personally urges me to keep on with it.

The people who made this possible; (From most commendations to least)

@MinnieKing
@TharaApples
@mizal
@Steve24833
@StrykerL
@BerkaZerka
@JJJ-thebanisher
@Seto
@ISentinelPenguinI
@DiniTheWizard
@Comic
@LNFyle
@jep49
@SummerSparrow
@JefferyJabs
@mattc
@LeoScales7
@jamBuster
@Mayana
@FazzTheMan

Again, good job guys. Keep it up, and maybe we'll get to 2,000 soon.
Not like we really need to, however, concluding the Order of Sage is, like, way ahead of the other Orders.

6 years ago

I noticed that you also tagged yourself in this post. Amazing. :)

Ya know, I kinda' doubt the other orders would catch up even if we all decided to take an extended sabbatical. 

Though of course I'd like to be proven wrong. 

6 years ago

Congratulations to the Sages. You have almost 2/3s of all commendations.
The following is a rant of how much I don't like this system.

I honestly don't see this as amounting to anything. If MK was in his own order (Dwarf King?), it would have the second most commendations.

Most of the Warden's commendations come from storygames that are no longer published. My own Marauders is pathetic, for the one with the second most commendations (me) would be ninth (almost eleventh) if I was a sage. Plus, we have only 16 members ever to receive a commendation (which is the lowest number). The Architects at least have three members in the 60-75 range.

In essence, only two members of the site have about a third of all commendations. Both are Sages. There are only eleven members with over sixty commendations. Five are Sages, one is a Marauder. Two are Wardens (mostly from unpublished storygames). Three are Architects. To be honest, that's the only other order that is "respectable" in my mind.

To be honest, I feel like making a hundred featured comments with a guest called WIBN just because the commendation system is more broke than our point system.

Anyway, have a nice day to all Sages. It's an interesting milestone for commendation history. :)

6 years ago

Annoyingly, people also don't seem to be commending stories much either, which eliminates my chances of getting more commendations, even though I'm fairly sure if my two latest storygames were commended, going by my last game, would toss me up at least a hundred commendations.

Seriously people, give me more power.

6 years ago

That is something else I'd like to see. Let's say it takes somebody one hour (probably shorter for many of those) to read a storygame and comment on it. For a good storygame, it could easily take twenty four hours (of pure writing). That is on an almost absurdly low amount of writing for a slow writer like myself. Or, one could read, comment, and be commended on featured comments (for 72 commendation points). The system in its present state discourages writing from a commendation standpoint.

Heck, I had a storygame that was nearly a 5/8. It was featured during the first days of the commendation implementation period. There's no way that it would've been commended now days.

6 years ago
This is the main issue I see with the system as it stands. Theoretically, the featured comment rush is over now that most games have three featured comments, but the people publishing stories will never be able to gradually rise to the top which, going by conversations with 3J, was always the intention.

There are issues making admins not want to give them to stories however, and ones I'm confident would have been fixed and balanced better by now if 3J were still actively working on things here. The whole system was experimental and we've now had time for the flaws in it to reveal themselves. (Even aside from the bit where most of the active forum people wound up as Sages...)

If the amount of commendations for a story could be assigned manually by admins--and also detracted in some way, that's a big one--then we'd see a lot more stories being commended, plain and simple, and it would remove most of the complaints about the system. As is though it's automatically assigned by length and not quality, and the length part is easy to exploit. (Plus the amounts given are REALLY small compared to the effort put into writing a long story vs a bunch of featured comments...see the 75 points Steve got for the 130k Prophecy. Literally the equivalent of writing 25 comments. It's a little bit insulting.)

And meanwhile if a story is unpublished or commended a bit hastily (both the case with IronPanther's) there's no way to remove them.

Admins being able to remove commendations in general would be useful too. There's the obvious shitposting deterrent, but more importantly they'd be much more interesting to wager than points in the contests. AND since most of us here are Sages, the other Orders might finally have a chance to catch up once we started failing to produce entries enough times.

6 years ago

Yeah, I've always said we should be able to remove commendation points.

6 years ago

This'd quell my complaints almost 100%. (I still think that featured comments should be less than three commendations.) However, Inseparable should be commended. It's a bloody featured storygame for Pete's sake. It's only a 4/8 length anyway, so the commendations won't be insanely high.

I think Iron Panther's storygame was destructive to the commendation system. (Sorry, the following is one of my rare critiques in our otherwise spectacular leadership). The mods have been too cautious pretty much ever since we realized that the storygame wasn't nearly worth 70+ commendations.

6 years ago
Well and also it was unpublished like immediately afterwards and then IP vanished without ever putting in whatever edits he planned so that didn't help either.

6 years ago

The main point was just that my new stories should be commended. I don't particularly care for anyone else.

6 years ago
Steve, you've stated too many times that commendations are retarded and that you want no part of them to take this stance now. (And have it interpreted as anything other than bitch-like whining and contrarianism.)

I remember there was a time you wanted to opt out of the Orders entirely.

6 years ago

Yeah, but I like the idea of beating Thara and Minnie through no effort in trying to get commendations.

6 years ago

I think you should you make these comments of yours as a guest. Protest and reject this broken from the very start system of ours. 

6 years ago

Architects will come back and rise to the top.

6 years ago

*highfives*

6 years ago

Just wondering, but is there any way to have your order changed?

6 years ago

Not currently. You could go chop off your dick and balls and get a new vagina made out of pig assholes easier than you could change your Order.

You're stuck with what you got.

6 years ago
I guess you could make a new account and inform an admin so they can ban the current one. But they'd axe this idea pretty quickly if a lot of people did it.

6 years ago

Everyone goes sage X'D

6 years ago

I'd rather be an Architect actually. It isn't the biggest, but it is better than the other two. Plus, I would be one of the last people to ever maraud anything.

6 years ago
I said it in the other thread but I'd have so much fun being a Marauder.

6 years ago

The grass is always greener on the other side. :)

6 years ago

Hey wardens are cool too wibbon :(

6 years ago
>wardens are cool too

I don't know a single warden off the top of my head.

6 years ago

Well that just hurt my feelings

6 years ago

I actually thought you were an Architect until I checked your profile recently. xD Yes! Join usss! Muehuehue!

6 years ago

Long live the Sages!

6 years ago

*remembers that I was the one that recommended the comments for featuring that made sages get 1000*

*remembers that Thara titled me honorary sage*

*am not a two-faced meanie*

Q.Q

6 years ago

Everyone, let's all try our best to get more commendations!