Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Oh God what's happening????

6 years ago
Tried to go to work about an hour ago and what the fuck, what in the actual fuck???

AHHHHHHH

Some kind of thick substance seems to be coating everything outside. Is it alien fungus? Volcanic ash? Moon dust?

oh god what, is this the surface of the moon

I genuinely have no idea what's going on but it seems to have effected the whole neighborhood, I'm freaking out.

is it dangerous???

I have no idea how far it's spread, it may have taken my entire town. Is this the end? The apocalypse?

it's cold when I touch it...oh god it's in my hair!

It was foolish to go outside without constructing a hazmat suit of garbage bags I know, but I needed to document this for whoever might be left afterwards. Some of it got on me...very cold to the touch...it seemed to vanish when I came inside but it was on my clothes, my hair, my skin...there's nothing to do but wait to see what kind of effects it will have.

It's on my car! Now I can't go to work.

Well I guess this is the end. As you can see my car has been compromised too so I can't even use it to escape, and obviously going to work is not an option. I'm just going to stay holed up here in my house until the end comes. Just want you guys to know it's been fun and I love most of some of a few of you. :(

6 years ago

Oh boohoo, so you have a bit of snow. It's been hailing all morning over here, with stones just under a centimeter in diameter. You can at least go outside without being pelted with little pieces of ice...

6 years ago

Most people take granted from snow. We don't get snow at all. So of course we're going to be happy.

6 years ago

I didn't receive snow yet where I live. ;w; 

6 years ago
The last time we got it here was in 2004. It was probably the most exciting thing that ever happened to us since the last time the Comanche attacked, to the point the news and the paper did a big 10 year anniversary thing for it in 2014.

This one won't go down in history as quite a big deal, but the whole city is shut down and I get a three day weekend!

6 years ago
Where do you import your snowplows from? I remember in like 2009 or 2010 the snowstorm that hit Virginia. They had to bring in snowplows from out of state I think. When it snows in Vegas it's practically a state of emergency.

6 years ago
I wanted pictures of my dog in the snow but she's absolutely terrified and is now hiding under the table and hates me after I tried to carry her out. :(

This is going to be problematic as I assume she will need to pee soon.

6 years ago

I really adore snakes. I really want a pet snake or a lizard, but I only have a hamster right now. x-x 

6 years ago
Just throw her into a big snow pile.

6 years ago

My cat was the opposite. She thought the snow was an full sized litter box. She took an nice shit in front of someones lawn, and tried to burry it with snow.

6 years ago
Ah, so you've finally gotten snow? Congrets. Write your stories quickly, before you freeze.

6 years ago

Just a far-fetched guess but it is winter so maybe its an odd mixture of hard snow and rain droplets. Something like hail but for some reason it liquidized (spelled that wrong) 

6 years ago

What is this white species? It's been so long since this white thing came in Houston. Is there a forest fire in Texas?

So much questions,

6 years ago
So you're in Houston?

6 years ago

Yep!

6 years ago
Hmm. Gotta say we don't care for you Houston folk much around here, even if we did briefly pretend to after the storm.

Tell your friends to drive more politely and also, if they're carpooling fake hobos around to inflict on other towns, please stab them.

6 years ago

It was 15 degrees this morning over here. I would've loved to see snow. You may not receive a white Christmas, but you do have a white December. I hope you'll get to enjoy the beauty before it turns into an abhorrent mush.

6 years ago

It's already turning into abhorrent mush. The snow is already melting alot.

6 years ago
We're up to 38 so it's melting pretty fast. I'm glad I wake up so early, that was pretty much the perfect time to see it and it was still actually snowing.

Anyway this isn't quite 2004's thirteen inches of Christmas miracle snow, but coming completely unpredicted at the end of a week straight of cold grey depressing rain it was pretty dam great.

6 years ago

Wasn't it so beautiful during the morning? Seeing the snow on-top of our houses, and people making there mini Snow next to there houses. Wish it'll snow again this month.

6 years ago
I'm predicting another 13 year wait but hey, climate's kind of confused right now so who knows!

Like I said though I had no idea this was happening, I go to bed pretty early and my phone was already blowing up from from some big group text mess from family in Buda who got it first so I turned off the sound and didn't have any idea it wasn't going to be a normal work day until I walked out at like 3:30 to what appeared to be the surface of the moon.

6 years ago

I kind of like the lighting on this one. But everything's gross and drippy now.

6 years ago

It's been snowing softly here but ground isn't frozen so it's not sticking around for very long. I honestly love the cold weather a lot and would take 32°F over 90° any day. I'm from the south so it's an unpopular opinion. 

People seem to think I'm joking when I say "I love this weather". Haven't told them I'm not being sarcastic

6 years ago
I love cold weather, but here it's pretty rare to get it when not paired with shitty miserable drizzling rain and no sunlight for days.

6 years ago

It's pretty rare we get it as well. Before I think 2008, it hadn't snowed in 50 years. Now we get shitty slush on colder years every now and then. Climate change I guess? I honestly hope I can move up north a bit so I can get real snow one day. What state are you in (assuming you're in US)? I'm in Louisiana. 

6 years ago

The only explanation is that God ejaculated onto your town.

Amen.

6 years ago
Looks like whipped creame but I could be wrong. 2 spooky 4 me. I really admire your resourcefulness and ability to create hazmat suits with garbage.

6 years ago

Still not snowing here. Just a lot of rain.

6 years ago

Apparently I'm getting snow tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to shoveling the driveway and throwing salt everywhere.