Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

A Valentine's Day Thread

6 years ago

We had threads for Halloween and Christmas, so not this one as well? I feel almost obligated at this point as this is one of the most intimate of holidays that couldn't possibly be ignored, right? So did anyone happen to receive any boxes of chocolate, roses, stuffed animals, or balloons? 

I'm guessing most of everyone is on dates, or sharing a day with their special someone. 

This still doesn't explain mizal's absence, or does it?  

As for myself, my current plans involve cooking an especially nice dinner. That's about it, yup. 

A Valentine's Day Thread

6 years ago

I'm sad and alone, as you would expect.

A Valentine's Day Thread

6 years ago

It sucks that you're sad and such. 

A Valentine's Day Thread

6 years ago

Feels good to be back for a couple of hours before disappearing again.

A Valentine's Day Thread

6 years ago

Hopefully your next return shall be a fruitful one. 

A Valentine's Day Thread

6 years ago

Oh fun, a V-Day thread that's not Virgin's Day. I got a box of candy from my girlfriend with Ripley's Aquarium tickets because my birthday is coming up soon as well. I got her a stuffed animal (kind of a tradition we're starting together, three months into our relationship I sent her a teddy bear because we were still long-distance) and now I'm living with her so I wanna keep doing it.

A Valentine's Day Thread

6 years ago

You want to keep doing it, huh? :D

A Valentine's Day Thread

6 years ago

Yeah, that's the idea. I got her this really cute rainbow tiger for today. Definitely something I'd buy xD.

A Valentine's Day Thread

6 years ago

Shitty franchise restaurant + flowers. I'm a very imaginative guy as you can clearly tell lmao 

A Valentine's Day Thread

6 years ago

If there's Valentine deals to be had at your restaurant of choice then this is a victory. 

A Valentine's Day Thread

6 years ago

Starting from midnight, I was high off my head in a shitty club. I stayed there until like three, at which point I headed to what I thought was a party. As a male, myself, my mate and some other guys didn't get in, because the world is sexist. At this point, I found a cigar in my jacket pocket, and I smoked that outside, looking amazing. Then, I donned a balaclava, and my mate and I just fucked around, wondering whether we should vandalize shit.

Meanwhile, somewhere else, some student OD'd on pills, dying in the night. I didn't know him, and I didn't hear about it until like an hour ago, so it had no impact on me whatsoever. Just a fun fact.

At this point, I met this weirdo on the street, and me and my mate went to his house. There, a girl showed up, and I struggled to try figure out what her relationship was to the weirdo, and if I could try to shift her. She asked me why I was wearing a balaclava, and I told her I didn't know. Then, she made me a few rollies, so that was nice. At this point, we found some band posters on the wall, and Weirdo explained that he was part of a band, called like the Dry Roasted Peanuts or something. At this point, I realized I'd seen these posters many times before, and had always wondered whether it was a band or a venue trying to be hip and offering dry roasted peanuts. Weirdo then played guitar and sung for a bit while we got high, and then we listened to Strokes on an old record player he had, but we didn't play Last Nite, which was a shame.

Eventually, at like five, my mate and I got walking to his car in the pissing rain. At this point, my mate and I started talking about bland actors, and we got onto Kevin Costner. He then recounted an incredibly deep account of Water World, as I'd never seen it, and he goes into it in vivid detail. After half an hour and hopping a gate, we found the carpark gate was locked at night, so soaking wet, we got in his car to wait. The radiator in his car only worked if the engine was on and the car moving for some fucked up reason, so we drove around the car park in circles for like an hour, before someone opened the gate extra early, like two hours before he should've which was great. We then drove to another car park, at which point we pooled over and slept. It was fucking unbelievably cold, and I wore his spare jacket as a blanket and tried to sleep, while soaking wet. Then, we went to the shop, got munch, and he dropped me home, where I pushed past my family and fell into a nice coma.

I slept for a while, shat my guts out, and slept again. Then, I had to wake up, and get dressed in nice clothes, just to go out with another mate, his girlfriend and one of her friends. Unfortunately, this girl was one of the blandest people ever. Like, not even so bland that it's interesting, just so bland that no story came out of this. If something goes well, it goes well, if you fuck it up, you'll have a fun story, but if it goes bland, it's the worst possibility. What's worse is I had to pay for her food because I'm a gentleman. On top of that, because the first time I met my mate's girl, I had him warn her that I was a really crude, mean cunt to prepare her for my general attitude, and then I acted super sweet to her so that she thought my mate was a piece of shit for saying bad things about me, so I had to act extra nice even though it was clear nothing was going to happen. Eventually, after wasting a bunch of time, we gave the couple some space and just went our separate ways. 

I then returned home, where I'll presumably do nothing until Valentine's Day comes to a close. My biggest regret is that I never heard how Water World ends.

A Valentine's Day Thread

6 years ago

You remind me of a character from Skins sometimes. What an interesting life you lead, yet you still find time to get so much writing done. 

I'm not sure on whether or not I have to add or deduct points for the fleeting thoughts of vandalism. Such a thing could have had you sitting in for Valentine's day in the worst of ways. 

A Valentine's Day Thread

6 years ago

'twas fun. I'm out of MDMA now, though, after three nights straight with it, so that's a shame. 

A Valentine's Day Thread

6 years ago
I bought myself a massive stuffed dinosaur because it's awesome.

Who cares if I'm buying myself a Valentine's Day gift? It's a giant stuffed dinosaur.

A Valentine's Day Thread

6 years ago

Whilst that's sad, it also raises fascinating questions about your age and gender. Dinosaurs tend to be a male thing, but stuffed animals tends to be a female thing or a kid thing, but you being a young boy wouldn't make sense, because where would you have got the money to buy yourself a gift? 

My money's on 15 yr old girl, if I was to bet.

A Valentine's Day Thread

6 years ago
I'm a 19 year old girl, I just happen to like dinosaurs. Besides, massive stuffed animals are amazing to cuddle with regardless of age.

A Valentine's Day Thread

6 years ago

It would have been a mistake to not buy a giant dinosaur when the opportunity presented itself. 

A Valentine's Day Thread

6 years ago

Ah. I was close enough.

A Valentine's Day Thread

6 years ago
Yeah, only half a decade off. Not bad for a first guess, although you could just as easily have looked at my profile for the answer. I'm sure my speech pattern doesn't exactly make me look old and wise either ^_^

A Valentine's Day Thread

6 years ago

Happy Valentine's Day!

A Valentine's Day Thread

6 years ago
Happy Valentine's Day to you as well!

A Valentine's Day Thread

6 years ago

Probably gonna cry.

A Valentine's Day Thread

6 years ago
Sorry to hear that. What happened?

A Valentine's Day Thread

6 years ago

Oh, nah, it's just a thing I do. A lot.

Not really in a good place right about now.

Thanks for asking, though.

A Valentine's Day Thread

6 years ago

Rangers don't cry. You're a disgrace to the NCR. 

A Valentine's Day Thread

6 years ago

I'm not a ranger. I just wear Riot Armor and work with the NCR sometimes.

A Valentine's Day Thread

6 years ago

Then why are you standing in front of a NCR flag?

A Valentine's Day Thread

6 years ago

I'm working!

A Valentine's Day Thread

6 years ago

I basked in friendship and sweets and shit my pants on the frontside.

Best VD ever.

I also went ogreeish on a lord of the rings forest if you catch my drift.

A Valentine's Day Thread

6 years ago

Nah. No special someone this year. 

Dumped my boyfriend last year. Asked a girl out a couple months ago and got a 'maybe' (like, an actual serious maybe, not just a no in disguise. She's not looking for a relationship right now, and has some shit to work through before she's ready. I've been helping her out. ^^') 

Other than that, haven't really made any moves to try and get a partner again. So I'm a lonely loner doing lonly people stuff on valentines day.

A Valentine's Day Thread

6 years ago

Welcome to the lonely loner club. Population: Too much.

Actually, with so many lonely peeps, you'd think they'd match on Tinder or something.

A Valentine's Day Thread

6 years ago

Made me think of Eleanor Rigby.

A Valentine's Day Thread

6 years ago

I worked most of the day. The rest was spent at church. I made a ton of money because I worked for someone (from my church actually) and ended up cutting out a section of an old roof in the attic of a new building with a power tool. It was particularly horrifying since I had to kneel (and balence) on the wooden braces or fall far below. The rest was spent putting insulation into this nifty machine than tears it apart and shoots it out a tube for attic insulation.

I don't have a Valentine because I don't have a partner (nor did I ever for that matter). This holiday feels commercial anyway.

I did just drink 44 ounces of sweet tea from the local gas station, and it was delicious! :)

A Valentine's Day Thread

6 years ago

Congrats on making it back home in one piece. 

A Valentine's Day Thread

6 years ago

Went to school, saw countless couples making out and giving each other gifts, my best friend got a rose from a girl he's been pining over for a while now, and I've been pretty depressed anyway, so it's just a depresso expresso for me. Hopefully these suicidal tendencies will go away in the next couple of days, tired of being in this rut this past week or so.

A Valentine's Day Thread

6 years ago

There's an easy way to get rid of suicidal tendencies you haven't tried.

A Valentine's Day Thread

6 years ago

Well, you're right and wrong.