WatchNon-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Message

A place to sit back, hang out, and talk about anything you'd like.

Piracy on the CYOA Seas!

9 days ago

So apparently our kinder and gentler neighbors, the Cogites are having some problems with pirates. Even Briar Rose posted a few times (Avery Moore over there)

http://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/illegal-downloading-of-choice-hosted-games/38845

Lots of drama ensued as you might expect and then drama escalated on this other forum as well.

http://forum.sbenny.com/threads/cog-hosted-game-discussion.12486/

Haven’t scanned through all of it yet, but rest assured the Axiom involved in this mess is not the same Axiom that occasionally posts on this site. (As far as we know anyway, we've interrogated her in the Villain Lair and we believe her for now)

Anyway enjoy.

Piracy on the CYOA Seas!

9 days ago
Only skimmed a few of these so far but End also mentioned someone being banned for 'supporting piracy' only to have the mods turn around and scold their own people for being rude when the actual modder showed up.

Thread is locked already, of course.

I may download a couple of the games to see what the guy has done to them. Fully approve of removing the need for in app purchases as that is such an incredibly shit system and a cancer upon gaming it's the morally correct thing to undermine it if at all possible.

Piracy on the CYOA Seas!

9 days ago
I'm going to ask this Axiom guy if he can mod out superfluous gender choices.

e: For real though what I found interesting was this post in the COG thread:

"He seems to be doing good business by pirating the games we make under the claim that they are just mods…"

Which a ten second glance at the other site shows to be false. The COG games are purchased legally and then modified and offered for free. I generally don't approve of piracy, but these people do what they do because they enjoy it and they offer the fruits of their labor to anyone at no cost. Something a COGite can never understand. Sad!

Piracy on the CYOA Seas!

9 days ago
If he purchased a game and then modified it and gave the entire bundle away for free, he's definitely putting himself in a position to get his ass sued. This guy is basically buying the Harry Potter bestseller, scribbling in the margins, printing out the manuscript with the scribbles, and handing them out on the street corner.

I assume there is a special place in hell for people like that.

Piracy on the CYOA Seas!

9 days ago
I guarantee that 80% of the people flipping their shit in the COG thread are hypocrites who regularly download games and music and movies that they did not pay for. Including self important idiots making dramatic statements about how 'scary' it is that they can't protect their digital rights because 'this is just where we are as a civilization at this point ;-;'

Pirating games, wow! What will the children think of next. Why back in MY day... oh wait one of my earliest memories of using a computer are my dad typing [name of game] + 'CD crack' into a search engine and then covering the screen because there were titties in the ads.

I am against piracy on general principle but leave it to COG to take something so common and put such a uniquely COG-like spin of pure faggotry and drama on it.

Piracy on the CYOA Seas!

9 days ago
Don't throw the good 20% out with the baby and the bathwater.

Piracy on the CYOA Seas!

9 days ago

People who use COG are syphilitic goblin whores who deserve to be fleeced for their intellectual properties 

Piracy on the CYOA Seas!

9 days ago
This, thank you.

And I like the new avatar.