Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Fallout 76

5 years ago

Bethesda's at it again, pissing off Fallout nerds with their usual fuckery of the series and Elder scrolls nerds who are bitching that too much time is being spent on Fallout stuff and not on Elder Scrolls 6.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhuGVQN174w

One of the big guesses with game is its going to be a MMORPG of some sort. If so I can't imagine that's going to go over well with the average old school Fallout fans who are going to rage the hardest about it and demanding it should only stay single player.

Also seems like this one is taking place only 20 years after the bombs according to the date, so the other guess is this one might place more emphasis on survival due to things being a bit more radioactive and probably nuclear winter still going on.  (Can't wait to see if Bethesda basically copied the Frost mod for Fallout 4)

In any case, it's more Fallout so I'll probably give it a try even if its an online game (Which is one of the few settings that would motivate me to play one on a regular basis anyway).

Fallout 76

5 years ago
Hahaha an MMORPG. I can sense the outrage already, don't even have to look it up. And coins was so excited too.

Fallout 76

5 years ago

It's just a shitty multiplayer mod for Fallout 4. It's embarrassing to watch the janky game footage after Anthem and Cyberpunk 2077.

Fallout 76

5 years ago

I'll play this. I was looking for my next gaming fix after God of BOY. 

Fallout 76

5 years ago

The Last of Gods.

Fallout 76

5 years ago

Surprisingly, after Fallout 4, I'm not in the least bit excited for a new Fallout game. If this was Elder Scrolls 6, or even Starfield, I would be more hype. I'm going to keep updated on this, but this does not seem to be my flavor of game (fingers were crossed for New Vegas 2 or something along the lines of that). I can just hope that the story is at least better that Fallout 4, although I doubt it if it's going to be an online game.

Fallout 76

5 years ago

We did 2 gifs for ESVI and Starfield tho. There ain't going to be any dialogue in Faloout 76.

Fallout 76

5 years ago

Fuck Todd Coward. 

Fallout 76

5 years ago

Fuck that noise, I'm not playing that shit.

Fallout 76

5 years ago

This seems to be an okay overview of what to expect so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7wDfWVlBWg

Surprisingly still interested, really seems like something to wait for to come down in price and when they fix most of the bugs though. (Not all of them of course, this is Bethesda we're talking about here. That would just be wacky.)

Fallout 76

5 years ago

REEEEEEEEE

Fallout 76

5 years ago
I read something yesterday that said the gameplay was underwhelming.

*Still fondly remembers the retarded backwards flying dragons in Skyrim.

Fallout 76

5 years ago

Most of the complaints are that it's basically a tweaked Fallout 4 without any NPCs or a major plot direction with an extra focus on wandering/exploration and survival/building.

Honestly, sounds like an improvement since the main Fallout 4 storyline wasn't really that great anyway since they focused too much on the building shit in that game. At least here, they're not making any pretenses about what they really wanted to do in the first place.

Fallout 76

5 years ago

Bethesda on the verge of telltaleing themselves? 

Fallout 76

5 years ago

Nah, they're too big and popular for them to shutdown. Even if Fallout 76 doesn't pan out very well, it won't be the end of the world for them. They'll just make it up with the next Elder Scrolls game.

Wouldn't be surprised if EA shuts down Bioware one day though, they already shutdown the branch that created Mass Effect: Andromeda since it sucked so badly.

And apparently Obsidian is being bought out by Microsoft.

https://kotaku.com/sources-microsoft-is-close-to-buying-obsidian-1829614135

Fallout 76

5 years ago

Nah, Bioware will probably stay because Anthem is going to sell BIG copies. Not that EA needs them because they make 70% of their money from EA Sports. I believe DICE would go first since A) they fucked up bigtime with BFV and BFII B) they are europeans.

I hope Microsoft buys Obsidian and fixes their shitty real time cRPG combat systems.

Fallout 76

5 years ago
OK now I can read this, I refused to click earlier because Google was shoving it at me without consent.

Fallout 76

5 years ago

Not sure what’s so “shocking” about this, pretty sure gamers have been doing this sort of thing for awhile now, this is just a pretty common example.

My other question would be how the hell do you know if another player is gay anyhow, but I’m guessing they got it listed on their profiles since that sort of thing is really important or something.

In any case, the attackers were basically the same sort of idiots that go around committing crimes and recording themselves the whole time. If you’re targeting a “certain group” you’re supposed to be stealthy about it like a real serial killer would be.

(And kill a few that DON’T match the profile just to throw off suspicion from time to time or just play it safe and kill everyone anyway)

Also it took fucking forever for them to kill the post apocalyptic Village Person who wasn't even wearing fucking armor, and the homo haters had some significant weaponry. The auto leveling system to make things "fair" in PVP is fucking retarded.

Fallout 76

5 years ago

Reading the article, the Hick and the two gays were in a group together, one gay said something about the other being cute, the Hick left and returned with more of his faggot friends and attacked them, saying homophobic shit. Anyhow, fuck the dude, he's a faggot who isn't even willing to admit to hating gays, this while "I'm going to be offensive for the sake of it!" bullshit has gone a bit too extreme for my taste, and I'm a cunt.

And it's not the auto-level system, Fallout 76 has it so when you're attacked, if you don't fight back, your enemies do negligible damage to stop griefing. If I'm honest, that's the biggest shitty thing. It's post-apoc, joining up with the strong to hunt the weak is where it should be at.

Fallout 76

5 years ago
Victim. Really stretching the meaning of that word.

Fallout 76

5 years ago

Pretty sure it's the definition of the word, there.

Fallout 76

5 years ago
You’re not a “victim” because your character in a game dies.

Fallout 76

5 years ago

If someone repeatedly says homophobic slurs to you, yeah, you are, by definition.

Fallout 76

5 years ago
If you don’t suffer physical or financial injury or severe emotional trauma, you’re not a victim. Jews in the Holocaust were victims. People that lost money in the Enron fraud were victims. Amy Smart was a victim. These guys weren’t.

Fallout 76

5 years ago

Yeah, that's not just what the word means. It's  definition includes "one that is subjected to oppression, hardship, or mistreatment", which yes, it's mistreatment to insult and ridicule someone based on their sexuality. You don't get to redefine words just because you want to, and which you're ironically complaining about the article doing.

Fallout 76

5 years ago
Funny, coming from the guy that throws around slurs like candy at a parade.

Fallout 76

5 years ago

That's not really got anything to do with you just being proved wrong or shown to be acting like a hypocrite, but nice job changing topic to how much I insult people, which I don't even do that much, you stupid faggot-cunt.

Fallout 76

5 years ago
This amused me.

Fallout 76

5 years ago
Minor point - people actually redifine words all the time. If the new usage gets picked up by enough people, then it gets added as part of the official lexicon.

Fallout 76

5 years ago
Berka, you need to take the lexicon back to Avanchnzel! It is known.

Fallout 76

5 years ago
Sure you are, if said death was caused by an outside party intentionally causing it just to be bastards.

Fallout 76

5 years ago
Well, that makes him a jackass. I certainly agree with that.