Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Evil protagonist versus kind antagonists

5 years ago

Can anyone help me to find a story with such scheme of unfolding truly villainous main character? I`ve read some stories on this site that provide a vague opportunity to become total evil like in Necromancer, Ground Zero and Eternal but is this all? Does anyone know even a hint of evil main character in any other story on this site?

From ordinary literature, the most vivid example of what i`m searching is Darth Bane trilogy by Drew Karpyshyn. 

5 years ago

Have you tried the Broken Empire Trilogy?

5 years ago

I really wanted to, but the main character 14 years old - No -, it`s just way beyond by capabilities of imagination. Too fancy. 

5 years ago
Your main character is 14? Are you also 14? Fourteen year olds are not the most intelligent, and if you want your mc to be an evil mastermind, it would be more believable for them to be older, and easier to write I reckon. They can be more experienced, maybe they've gone through more trauma to make them evil, and they're more powerful. An adult is more capable of manipulating and generally being cleverly cunty than a kid.
Just a suggestion though :)

(Actually a neat example of a really young antagonist is in the new dead pool, and they made it work pretty well.)

5 years ago

Sorry for misunderstanding, i meant to say that i don`t like that perspective when main protagonist kills and rapes everyone while he still 14 years old child. And first commentator adviced to read "The Broken Empire" trilogy of fantasy novels written by  Mark Lawrence where you get exactly this nonsense.

5 years ago

*shrug*

I still consider Jorg one of my favorite protagonists. Considering all the trauma he's been through, it's believable that he can be as sadistic as he is. Also, Game of Thrones has characters of a similar age that are fairly brutal and there doesn't seem to be much of an issue to the fans. In Joffery's case, he's a young, sociopathic, asshole. Jorg is no different aside from being slightly younger and more willing to get his hands dirty.

5 years ago

I`ve also read The Monk by Matthew Lewis and it was pretty close to what i am searching for. 

5 years ago

Love SICK for an outright villain protagonist.

Several evil (Ranging from mildly evil to hideously evil) paths also exist in:

Rogues

Suzy's Strange Saga

Repression

Paradise Violated

TRASH & Alpha Wolf (But you're more of just a general asshole in those rather than evil)

5 years ago

End Master, thank you for such a quick reply and profound advice, especially from such a refined artist of the word like you.