Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Atlas Trolled

5 years ago
By the way Will since you're right here and I never did get around to PMing you back, just wanted to mention that Killa said he'd be fine with adding daily points back (at some indefinite time in the future if and when things get rolling on updates)

Atlas Trolled

5 years ago
Ah awesome :D Actually having a little brainstorm about new and implementable features for the site among members/experienced members might not be a bad idea :D

Atlas Trolled

5 years ago

That's a terrible idea to bring back the daily points.

Points should be earned through deeds not just logging in and clicking some button that wasn't in a convenient place to click it in the first place.

Atlas Trolled

5 years ago
Well, some people like really liked them and miss them. And not enough people actively disliked them to make it that big a deal bringing them back.

Arguments about it not being 'fair' for long term members to have a points advantage over noobs I can see the logic of of course, the question is why anyone should care.

Atlas Trolled

5 years ago

Well of course the masses are going to like free shit, they're a bunch of slobbering idiots that always want something for nothing hence why they never rise above their station. They're ultimately parasites.

If they want points they can get to fucking work. Best thing we ever did was get rid of the welfare state on CYS.

Atlas Trolled

5 years ago

Yes, the people you rely to come to this site every few days looking for stories to read happily are "ultimately parasites" 

Atlas Trolled

5 years ago

Glad you agree.

Atlas Trolled

5 years ago

They get points for reviewing and commenting, that's their fill.

Atlas Trolled

5 years ago
Reading stories is doing something. You get points for that right now. What's your argument here?

Atlas Trolled

5 years ago

I’m guessing he was indirectly attempting to imply that we shouldn’t call the readers bad names because they’re reading the stories and we’re supposed to be grateful for that. (Or in a general sense any author should be grateful)

Fuck that line of thinking.

We’re the ones providing free fucking entertainment, so if anything the readers should be grateful to us.

Hell, even if we were getting paid for this I’d still say fuck that line of thinking.

I’ve never agreed with the idea that you have to treat to your potential audience like they’re the most important thing in the world. Yeah, I get it from a business standpoint, but it’s still fucking bullshit.

The “audience” are a bunch of opinionated fucks whose love or hate changes depending on if their bowels are acting up that day. There’s usually never a good reason to “cater” to them.

A good example? That Fin guy apparently liked my stories, but he posted on the forums like a retard. So what did he do? He got all pissy and claimed “Oh I’m losing respect for EndMaster”, never mind the fact that I hadn’t even insulted him or even posted in the thread and it was Chris and a few others that were trolling him.

I’m not relying on or begging random fucktards to like me or whatever I’m writing. I’m going to do what I want and they can do the same.

Besides, if you can’t be an eccentric dick to your potential audience, then what the hell is the point of being an artist?

Atlas Trolled

5 years ago
But his objection was that you were calling readers parasites, when your post had clearly not been about readers but about freeloaders wanting daily points, aka the subject of this entire thread. So by definition, not readers, who would not need a daily point because they're rating stories.

I'm going to chalk this one up to Boleslaw just being bad at understanding words because nothing else makes any sense.

Atlas Trolled

5 years ago

Well those people are mostly faggots and wankers, so fuck them. Tell them to rate a storygame a day. That gets them the point, and if nothing else, they can fuck off, because why are they even on the site?

On the other hand, I do think there should be some change-up of the points system. You write an insanely long, featured story and you only get 110 points. You could get that in a little bit of clicking, easy. Fuck that, reward people.

Atlas Trolled

5 years ago

There's endless games on the site without three featured comments. Let the huddled masses get to work commenting on them if they want to earn their keep.

Atlas Trolled

5 years ago
Speaking of which I was thinking about trying to review a storygame per day...

Atlas Trolled

5 years ago

Oh, actually, if faggots want more points, you could always start giving points for posting comments instead of just for rating the stories, that'd be cool.

Atlas Trolled

5 years ago

Once upon I time, I looked forward to my daily point. Now that I've been cut off long enough, I don't really care anymore. But more meaningful ways to get points would be neato. The daily point sorta just inflates the economy if you ask me.

Atlas Trolled

5 years ago

If everyone earns the same amount the same rate inflation is meaningless though.

Atlas Trolled

5 years ago

That would be true, except,

By giving away free daily points, we reduce the value of points as a whole, not just the value of the daily point. As Steve pointed out, if someone contributes in a big way to the site, like writing a featured story, they get 100 points. Or, the value of doing almost nothing over 100 days.

A featured comment, even less. By giving them away for nothing, all values eventually become meaningless.

Suppose we inflated everyone's points by an equal amount, say 1000. The proportional difference in points between Mizal and Myself would become quite a lot smaller. At the same time, our relative contribution would remain the same. That's the chief fault with the logic there.

Atlas Trolled

5 years ago

Ah I see now, it seems I was not looking at it the right way.

Atlas Trolled

5 years ago

I can see we need to break this down:

The members on here providing quality content are the elite. Their reasons for doing so are irrelevant.  They’ve earned what they got.

The members on here providing average content are trying to climb the ladder. Their reasons for doing so are irrelevant. They’ve earned what they got.

The members on here only reading/reviewing/rating are comfortable serving. This is fine. Somebody has to scrub the toilets.

The members who expect points for doing nothing are parasites. Hence why we shouldn’t bring the “free point” system back.

The members on here providing nothing but shitty content/trolling/spamming are outright criminals and get shot.

Now if you’re one of the elite that STILL wants a free point, you’re just being greedy. Basically you’d be like some rich fucker that’s still collecting welfare.

Kumquat was a welfare queen.

If you’re an Admin, you’re part of the 1% and definitely possibly corrupt.

Atlas Trolled

5 years ago

I personally think Kumquat was kind of special. Like an oddity. CYS's own freak of nature.

Atlas Trolled

5 years ago

*Raises Hand*

What if you mostly drift onto the site to enjoy the odd story-game or two? Am I still considered a parasite because I don't submit a review the majority of the time? I honestly couldn't care less about points.

Also, I've noticed that you get points for creating a new story-game even if you don't publish it. That's an easy exploit.

Atlas Trolled

5 years ago

Only three storygames, I think, so not much of an exploit, and again, as End repeatedly clarified, if you're one of the people who just reads and rates storygames, you're not a parasite, just a normal serf type. You are "comfortably serving" to quote End. 

Atlas Trolled

5 years ago

Gotcha. That's groovy to know. As you've probably assumed already, I didn't take the time to read many of the comments. My apologies. 

Atlas Trolled

5 years ago

You're good. I wish we had more of you.