Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Canada legalizes it

5 years ago
Surprised no one's been talking about this.

“I have never felt so proud to be Canadian,” said Marco Beaulieu, 29, a janitor, as he waited with friends outside a government cannabis retailer in the east end of Montreal.

hedonist degenerates celebrate around an effigy of a pot tree or something like tribal savages while ticker tape flies through the air to settle on the streets for underpaid laborers to have to clean up and small adorable animals to possibly choke on

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/17/health/canada-legalizes-recreational-marijuana/index.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/17/world/canada/marijuana-pot-cannabis-legalization.html

Thank God our lost capy has been given a new reason to live....

Canada legalizes it

5 years ago

Good for them, I guess. I never understood what the big deal was. Personally I don't smoke, but I've never been opposed to people that do so long as they keep that shit away from me and out of places where it shouldn't be.

Canada legalizes it

5 years ago

I share Darksol's position and hope legalizing will turn out to be a good choice for them. It will certainly hinder the black market in some way, but saying that it will prevent youth from having access to pot is incredibly naive or just a deliberate lie.

Canada legalizes it

5 years ago

The main source of weed here in Canada before legalization is illegal dealers, now that it's level and tightly regulated the availability of it drops a lot. Th profit in selling it illegally should also drop a large amount do to legal supply been far more beneficial then off a dealer. This leads to drop in illegal sellers and supply going into youth hands.

Canada legalizes it

5 years ago

Yes, as I said the general illegal market will drop, but the only way for teens to buy it will still be illegally, so that part of the market will survive, like an illegal niche if you want. That is if they don't find ways to access the legal stuff anyway, as they do with alcohol in the US. For example, this report from Colorado, made after 5 years from the legalization there, points out that "[regarding teen consumption] we've seen almost statistically flatline use [...] for the past decade."

Canada legalizes it

5 years ago
Older friends or particularly shitty parents could be buying from legal sources and giving it to younger teens, that's the way underage alcohol and cigarettes consumption usually works.

The timing on this is just all really unfortunate though, Malkalack was going to make a triumphant return from his ban with some amazing epic but now he'll just be wandering around in a daze 24/7.

I mean that's basically what he was doing before but he used to have to be discreet about it at least to the point his parents wouldn't notice.

Canada legalizes it

5 years ago

Yea even here in Canada the only talk of it you'll really see is the to hundreds of memes about legalisation 

Canada legalizes it

5 years ago
Well yeah. Those who cared we're already doing it anyway because our laws and enforcement were pretty tame.

Everyone else just has a "oh neat, wonder how much taxes we'll get" opinion.

Though i am disappointed no one tried to start some sort of "Canada had now turned to anarchy and chaos", meme to fuck with the rest of the world.

Canada legalizes it

5 years ago
But I mean just look at those savages in the pic in the OP, dancing around that tree thing in some kind of primitive ceremony and afterwards burning magic leaves. Also, they're littering. What meme could be more damning.