Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Explain Maturity Ratings

5 years ago

I might make a Halloween story that has razors in the candy and some muggings and drug dealing. Can I rate it a 5 since it has to do with Trick or treating, or do I have to increase the things in my story?

Explain Maturity Ratings

5 years ago
You should fine.

Explain Maturity Ratings

5 years ago

Who do I fine? 

Explain Maturity Ratings

5 years ago
Pretty sure he said "You should be fine".

But if you wanted a longer answer. I mean, yea, the maturity rating is largely instinct-based but generally as long as your not goring children in your basement (Which is probably a straight 7 on the maturity scale), you can usually put the rating where you think it would go and no-one will complain. If you have general killings and stuff it'd probs fall in the 4-6 rating or If all your going to write is just a couple razor-blades and drug dealing. I think 4 or 5 is a decent number. As long as its not in the 8th rating, the 8th rating is reserved for as a basis that you can't reach.

Endmaster made an entire article on "mature" stories. All you do is go on the help & info page on the left, then scroll down the page to the storywriting section, then click on Endmaster's Map to (Im)Mature Story Writing.

Hope this helps!

Explain Maturity Ratings

5 years ago
Me talk gud, no type gud.

Explain Maturity Ratings

5 years ago

I know what he was intending to write, and I've already read Endmaster's article. He mainly talks about what to write and what not to write.

P.S. Nice Linus