WatchNon-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Message

A place to sit back, hang out, and talk about anything you'd like.

Explain Maturity Ratings

one month ago

I might make a Halloween story that has razors in the candy and some muggings and drug dealing. Can I rate it a 5 since it has to do with Trick or treating, or do I have to increase the things in my story?

Explain Maturity Ratings

one month ago
You should fine.

Explain Maturity Ratings

one month ago

Who do I fine? 

Explain Maturity Ratings

one month ago
Pretty sure he said "You should be fine".

But if you wanted a longer answer. I mean, yea, the maturity rating is largely instinct-based but generally as long as your not goring children in your basement (Which is probably a straight 7 on the maturity scale), you can usually put the rating where you think it would go and no-one will complain. If you have general killings and stuff it'd probs fall in the 4-6 rating or If all your going to write is just a couple razor-blades and drug dealing. I think 4 or 5 is a decent number. As long as its not in the 8th rating, the 8th rating is reserved for as a basis that you can't reach.

Endmaster made an entire article on "mature" stories. All you do is go on the help & info page on the left, then scroll down the page to the storywriting section, then click on Endmaster's Map to (Im)Mature Story Writing.

Hope this helps!

Explain Maturity Ratings

one month ago
Me talk gud, no type gud.

Explain Maturity Ratings

one month ago

I know what he was intending to write, and I've already read Endmaster's article. He mainly talks about what to write and what not to write.

P.S. Nice Linus