Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Stan Lee Died

5 years ago
You stole AYT's thread.

Everyone has been being sad about this in the Discord but when the guy is 95 it's at least not as much of a gut punch. Still really sucks though, I don't think there's ever going to be any one individual in a position to be that influential in comics, or of their comics to be that influential in culture again.

Pretty trivial in comparison to the rest of his career but it's too bad he couldn't hang in there long enough to get his cameo in the last half of Infinity War to sort of cap things off, I'd gotten so used to seeing that kooky old bastard in those roles and I'll miss him there.

Stan Lee Died

5 years ago

I'm sure they'll find a way to slip him in there... Maybe sneak his ashes into the back?

Stan Lee Died

5 years ago
cool guy

Stan Lee Died

5 years ago

I was having a little discussion with someone on Discord about who now owns (or will soon own) the Marvel's Comic Book stocks and assets. I personally don't know who will. Maybe one of you could answer this question? (or at least try to?)

Stan Lee Died

5 years ago

What? Stan Lee didn't own Marvel. Marvel was bought by Disney a while back, but even before then, I don't think Stan Lee owned it.

Stan Lee Died

5 years ago
The comics and movie and I believe TV assets are all different things though, legally. I assume that's what he's referring to, although I have no idea what the status is on anything but the movies right now.

Stan Lee Died

5 years ago

I can't seem to figure out who owns what in the Marvel Entertainment "hierarchy" of sorts aside from the CEO Isaac Perlmutter. Stan Lee sure had some sort of role in the franchise, the question is who will take his place and I suppose "inherit" all that he owned in the company?

Stan Lee Died

5 years ago
I did the same quick Google you probably did and couldn't find it, but as old as he is you know that's been sorted out by a dozen lawyers well in advance so I imagine we'll find out soon. No way anyone at Marvel or in the family would've been okay with just leaving that up in the air.

Stan Lee Died

5 years ago

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! He was my favourite Marvel character! crying

Stan Lee Died

5 years ago

Not much to add except he seemed like a cool guy based on interviews he did.