Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Screw Batman, play CKII

5 years ago
This was a major argument in the Discord earlier. Please help solve this age old moral dilemma.

I consider it kind of moot because if being the arch nemesis didn't make him immortal for the purpose of selling comics, some victim's family member or another criminal or a police officer or even some nurse at the revolving door asylum would've blown him away a long time ago.

Although I suppose Batman's continued survival is equally bullshit.

Should Batman just freaking kill the Joker already

5 years ago

Yes.

5 years ago
^ also since we're on about comic stuff RIP Stan Lee

5 years ago
Almost strangely human sentiment coming from you, but wrong universe. (P.S. we have a Stan Lee thread.)

5 years ago

5 years ago

Of course he should.

Hell, Gordon should have killed the Joker after killing his wife.

5 years ago
Batman used to kill bad guys all the time.

5 years ago

He's even killed the Joker a few times in different stories.

5 years ago

Even Mr. Mom killed him.

https://youtu.be/_xF0ekZztOA

5 years ago

He's my favorite! :)

5 years ago

Speaking of Batman, does anyone watch Gotham? I sort of ignored it when it first came out, but I've been watching it on Netflix and its actually okay. Or at least the first season has been so far.

5 years ago

First, SPOILER ALERT.

Watched a while back, but idk. I got bored halfway through the second season, it looked like it would stay in the "weekly villain" or something and the story was getting a little absurd, like his wife suddenly becoming a drugged crazy hoe, kidnapping his other love interest and bla bla bla. I don't remember much.

Another reason was because Bruce never seemed to become the teenage hero i was kinda hoping he would be. Especially because he discovers his iconic cave at the end of the first season. Cave which harbors some great secret from his father, which he can't unlock just yet. Seemed like a cheap cliffhanger to me, btw.

5 years ago

Well, afaik Joker kinda doesn't want to kill Batman because he likes having an archenemy and Batman is mildly interesting as a plaything (can't really decide if no homo there).

Batman doesn't kill Joker because of his no kill policy, but i suppose there isn't such thing anymore. So yeah, i suppose he should kill Joker taking that into account.

I might be real outdated on DC right now, tho.

Screw Batman, play CKII

5 years ago
This thread was boring so the topic is now CKII. It just got a big ass expansion called Holy Fury which owns all on its own, and there's a bunch of sales going on if there are any major ones you don't have yet. If you are a noob probably @Bucky or someone can list the more necessary additions, 'cause there are a lot.

Man I just got home and I think my dogs are killing each other outside and I don't even care, gotta get this expansion!

Screw Batman, play CKII

5 years ago
While Rajs of India, Swords of Islam, and Sons of Abraham aren’t typically necessary, they’re good to have if you plan on using the random world or shattered world feature. Basically, those features can let you mix match religions and give them different names. But if you don’t have a DLC that unlocks a certain religion as playable and convert to it under its new name, you can get an auto game over.

That said, it actually adds a lot of flavor and tweaks most of the other DLCs that are generally considered essential like Old Gods, Charlemagne, Way of Life, and Reaper’s Due. But since this is their biggest DLC, it works best as a capstone if you have all the game content.

Screw Batman, play CKII

5 years ago
Looks like there's a starter pack bundle for newbies with the base game and Sword of Islam, The Old Gods, Legacy of Rome, and Way of Life. Seems about right but I can't imagine anyone even remotely interested in this kind of game not having at least the original already. There not exactly any competition out there.