Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Post Photographic Evidence of Holiday Cheer

5 years ago
I have no tree this year and no other decorations. Couldn't even be bothered to go as far as taking my angel snowglobe out of a box and setting it on a surface somewhere. (In my defense I did look at the box and sort of consider it on two occasions)

Anyway yesterday I allowed people into my house to eat brisket and I gave away an overpriced doll, so it's all over and done with for me this year but I've still been looking at really nice pics of decorations and desserts and feeling a little flexed on. Hell even a girl in a third world country with a family of cow worshippers managed to put up a tree.

Use this thread to show me some some nice Christmas stuff your family has done or else at least reassure me I'm not the only lazy one this year.

5 years ago

You really ain't alone. For me, it's either one of two ways.

1 > We are too lazy to put up a tree. We just walk to eachother and go, "Merry Christmas, douchebag." and give them whatever item we found somewhere in the garage.

OR...

2 > We somehow get possessed enough to put up a half-assed tree and it is so festive that it stays up until midway through July. Ever celebrated the 4th with a tree still out?

Happy holidays, douche. Here's half a bicycle wheel.

(EDIT: This year is the former. No tree at all. Good thing to, because whatever comes up must come down, and disassembling a tree is even more of a nuisance than setting it up. That, and the dogs get hair all over it.)

5 years ago
We put up the tree with just the proper amount of yelling. It's not Christmas without that part. Dogs have managed to not knock it down.

5 years ago

After my post, I felt almost self-conscious about not having a Christmas spirit, so I put some washi tape on a Tapitio hot sauce bottle. I would submit a picture of it if I can find where the upload picture button is.

5 years ago
If you're the kind of cretin that deliberately keeps the RTE enabled you should be able to drag the image directly into the box , else there's a button there for it. If not just upload to imgur and use html like a civilized person.

We're all very excited to see your festive hot sauce bottle. (Tapatio is the best there is.)

5 years ago

Festive Sauce

5 years ago

Pretty festive, if I do say so myself. Best thing is, at the rate I use hot sauce, it won't be up until half past June.

5 years ago
It's INCREDIBLE how bad the camera on your phone is!!!

5 years ago

Thanks for the kind words! I tried editing it so that the edges are foggy like in standard Christmas photos, but it turns out that photo editing is not one of my stronger skills. frown

5 years ago

My family's two parols, Filipino tradition during Christmas.

They also got some sort of fancy snow globe that shoots air so the snow globe just keeps "snowing".

5 years ago

This photo gives me vertigo, I don't know why. 

5 years ago
Same. That looks like a doorway on the ceiling so my first impression was that the photo had been flipped.

5 years ago
I can't believe a bottle of hot sauce and Jacoder's House of Leaves is all anyone was able to produce for this thread.

5 years ago

Real festive year.

5 years ago

I am too busy staring at all my festive decorations and eating my delicious food to bother with Imgur.  

5 years ago

Unpopular opinion: setting up the nativity scene is more fun than setting up the tree (and our tree is small and scrappy).

5 years ago

Ew, people actually set up actual decorations on Christmas like decent human beings? Makes me sick to the core.

Also, I bear the sad news that my festive hot sauce bottle is nearly empty.

Well, Merry Christmas folks. I'll probably get started on the ham (because believe me, even if one skimps out on the decor, NOBODY skimps out on making the ham.)

5 years ago
Merry Christmas, everyone! I hope you're all having a great time. :)

We put up a really cool Christmas tree with a bunch of lights, decorations and such. I got a picture of it, but when I forced some humans to look at it, they weren't helpful enough about the quality. If it's not good enough, then that's the fault of those humans, and I will gladly make sure they won't be able to fail ever again.

Edit: It ain't working. Lesson learned, you can't use Dropbox for these things, I should just get an Imgar account or something. Please wait, thanks!

5 years ago

I just copied and pasted my hot sauce bottle onto my post.

It may result in a lower quality though, so keep that in mind. Looking forward to seeing the tree (though let's face it - it is not going to be as good as my festive Tapitio).

5 years ago
Ugh. I shouldn't have removed that line about murdering anyone who replies to my post if it ain't working. Thank you for edit locking me. Not.

5 years ago

Well, you're already locked, so I'll reply here. You should be able to use a Dropbox link in an img tag if you change "www.dropbox.com" to "dl.dropboxusercontent.com"

5 years ago

You're amazing! It works now, thank you so much! Enjoy the best tree ever, guys.

A very pretty plastic Christmas tree, about 1,5 m tall. It is decorated with a mix of plastic balls, stars made of cloth, ceramic and plastic butterflies, etc. There are also two chains of very tiny balls going around the tree, one with glossy and other with rougher textured balls. And, of course, there are lights on it as well. Underneath, there's some moss, a tiny barn with baby Jesus and his family, and a few figures of farmers and farm animals; mostly sheep, a few cows and a donkey.

5 years ago
It's freakin gigantic but yay, it worked! You're the only one who successfully managed to post a Christmas tree in the post pictures of Christmas decorations thread congrats!

There is a LOT of green light in that picture though, I think your tree might be radioactive.

5 years ago

Why the hell is the photo so large?!  I had to zoom out to 50% to see the whole thing!

Also, is it just the lighting, or is the entire tree secreting a florescent glow?

5 years ago
Sorry. I probably should've made the picture smaller somehow before uploading it. I had no idea a picture made by a small phone camera would end up being so large. And what you're seeing is probably just the lights on the tree, and maybe glinting coming from other decorations, like the chains. There're a lot of lights, so I guess it does look like it's glowing.

5 years ago
I can scale it down by editing the post, but I'll need my computer to check what the ratio should be first to not distort it.

I read your alt text and was disappointedpleasantly surprised it wasn't full of insults.

5 years ago

Just add this attribute to the img tag: style="max-width: 100%;"

5 years ago
Brad, you really are awesome. Ok, let's test this. Does it look better? A very pretty plastic Christmas tree, about 1,5 m tall. It is decorated with a mix of plastic balls, stars made of cloth, ceramic and plastic butterflies, etc. There are also two chains of very tiny balls going around the tree, one with glossy and other with rougher textured balls. And, of course, there are lights on it as well. Underneath, there's some moss, a tiny clay barn with baby Jesus and his family, and a few plastic figures of farmers and farm animals; mostly sheep, a few cows and a donkey.

5 years ago

Very beautiful.  

It looks as if it might be a white-colored artificial tree, and the green lights reflecting off that give it the glowy effect.

5 years ago
Oh, you're right. The tree's indeed white and the lights are green. I forgot to mention that in the alt text of the picture, whoops. But hey, not like anyone but Mizal noticed that anyhow.
I'm glad you think it's beautiful. I was the one tasked with untangling the branches and putting on most of the decorations. Seemed like fun, until my dad brought out the tree and it was a huge mess of tangled branches that in no way resembled a tree. At least not trees as we know them. A monstrous, evil alien tree, perhaps.

5 years ago

Alien trees can also be beautiful.

5 years ago
Oh damn I never even knew about that. I always set the width and height inside the tag.