Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

How to win the Lucky Dueller’s Trophy

4 years ago
Commended by mizal on 4/22/2023 4:18:02 PM

So, as of right now I’m at a 70% win rate. Doubt I can get much higher than that, so I figured I’d throw you guys a bone and at least give one of you a chance to steal my beautiful Lucky Dueller’s Trophy. (Here’s a hint… It has absolutely nothing to do with luck.)

Step 1: Exploit the noobs!!!

Here’s the most important part. You know how those poor, pathetic noobs only start out with a measly 15 points?… Take them all! Basically, duels are generally fair. With Toggle, you get a 50% chance of winning and a 50% chance of losing. With Rock, Paper, Scissors, you have a 33.3% chance to win, 33.3% to lose and 33.3% to draw. All seems pretty fair… Except when it comes to RPS! Generally, your chances of winning RPS should be close to 50% with a very small chance to draw… Except when it comes to the noobs. Until they earn 50 points, those poor bastards are stuck with the basic Rock, Paper and Scissors. So, all you have to do is challenge members with less than 50 points to a duel of RPS, and use a hand that beats two of the original three. These are:

Alien: Beats Rock and Scissors
Bowl: Beats Rock and Scissors
Devil: Beats Rock and Scissors
Dragon: Beats Rock and Scissors
Dynamite: Beats Rock and Scissors
Gun: Beats Rock and Scissors
Lightning: Beats Rock and Scissors
Nuke: Beats Rock and Scissors
Water: Beats Rock and Scissors

Fire: Beats Paper and Scissors
Sun: Beats Paper and Scissors

(Unfortunately, there are no hands that beat both Rock and Paper)

Step 2: People are predictable.

So, based on the above info, you should have a 66% chance of winning, right? … Well, not exactly. Turns out that, according to studies, rookie Rock, Paper, Scissor players will actually pick Rock 35.4% of the time… I guess there’s still a little bit of cave-man in all of us. The studies also show that Paper is chosen 35.0% of the time, and Scissors only 29.6%. Really is too bad that there is no hand that beats both Rock and Paper. Still, statistically, if you choose a hand that beats both Rock and Scissors, your chances of winning are slightly higher than if you use a hand that beats Scissors and Paper.

Step 3: Show no mercy!

So, this strategy should give you a pretty high chance of winning the first hand, and taking those points from those poor, unsuspecting noobs. Now’s the point where you shake hands and congratulate each other on a game well played… Lol, just kidding. You destroy them!!! With the first hand, you have a very high chance of winning, but with the second hand, you’re practically guaranteed to win! Why? Because noobs are fucking stupid. From what I’ve seen, whether you win or lose the first hand, if you immediately follow up with a second duel, your opponent will almost NEVER use the same hand twice in a row. So, if for the first hand, they choose Rock, immediately challenge them again, and use a hand that beats both Paper and Scissors. If they choose Paper for their first hand, follow up with a hand that beats Rock and Scissors. If they choose Scissors… Well, like I said, there’s no hand that beats Rock and Paper, but if you can’t beat them… Draw them! Use Paper, and that should give you a 50% chance to win and a 50% chance to draw. (Unless of course the noob is smart… But come on! When has a noob ever been smart?)

Step 4: Crime doesn’t pay.

You know, if you wanted to crank your chances of winning up to 100%, you could always just make an alternate account and duel yourself. You always know what you’re going to choose, so as long as you’re not a complete idiot and forget, you’ll win every time! … But yeah, don’t do that. If my precious Lucky Dueler’s trophy ever goes missing and I see it in the hands of somebody with a 100% win rate, I’m going to go crying to the mods like a little bitch. Mods can see your IP address, so they can tell if they’ve been duelling yourself. They’ll take that lovely trophy away from you, and probably take all your points while they’re at it. Cheating is bad!

Step 5: Never, ever, EVER fight fair!

Feeling lucky? Well, you’re not. You don’t win The Lucky Dueller’s Trophy by playing fair. Somebody challenges you to a game of Toggle or Rock, Paper, Scissors? Somebody with over 50 points challenges you to a game of RPS… Ignore the bastard! That 66% win rate is yours, and no one’s going to take it from you!

So there you are, that’s how you win The Lucky Dueler’s Trophy. You want it? Come get it… If you dare! ^_^

4 years ago

After the villanelle poetry prompt, I'm going to immortalize the ornery duelist that you are in verse.

4 years ago

Yippie! I look forward to it. ^_^

4 years ago

Any tips on actually keeping it?

That trophy is beginning to get passed around almost as much as Coins mom (as a certain someone would probably say.) 

In any case, don't get too cocky because time has shown that CYS newbies in particular can be a determined bunch when they put their mind on a certain task. You bully you. 

4 years ago

Oh yeah, forgot that part.

Step 6: Stay active.

Apparently, if you're not actually active on the site, the trophy just kind of gets bored and wonders off. cheeky

4 years ago

Now you have done it.

4 years ago
... Okay, where'd it go? >.<

4 years ago

What do you mean? It's where it's always been.

It totally wasn't anywhere else.

4 years ago
Ha! Mine again! ^_^

4 years ago

The Lucky Dueler trophy may be a unloyal slut, but she always eventually finds her way home.

4 years ago
And like the cuck I am, I always take her back. :p

4 years ago
Kawaii