Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Mcload89

4 years ago

Did anyone else get this message from a brand-new site user named Mcload89 today? It struck me as being so unspecific, with no ability to verify the offer, that it must be spam. And at any rate, if a story is published on CYS, isn't it already a text-based app? At least he's not claiming to be a Nigerian prince who desperately needs to wire me a million dollars.

Good day to you! Hope you doing great!

I am an app developer and i really like the stories you put out! I was thinking if you would be interested to make one of your stories into a text adventure app? Please let me know what you think, thanks!

Have a great day!

Mcload89

4 years ago
Yeah that is generic and spam botty as hell. Weird it didn't include a link though.

Mcload89

4 years ago

Nope, no link. Not a very good spammer, I guess. Must be new to the job.

Mcload89

4 years ago

Yeah I got that pm. I tend to get offers like that from time to time. I always tend to ignore them.

Mcload89

4 years ago
Got the exact same message this morning.

It seems to me that a bot would be more prolific, this might really just be a guy copy and pasting the same message that contains no useful info at all.

Someone would have to care enough to follow up to see if he really is just that bad at this whole advertising thing, or if he explains he needs help with retrievimg his computer from Nigeria first.

Mcload89

4 years ago

I was kind of hoping that he was a real boy, he might see this thread on the forum, and... you know... read it. Hell, I even used his user name to make it easier for him.

Otherwise, I'm not the guy who cares enough to follow up.

Mcload89

4 years ago
Cause nothing says classy and legit more than the username Mc Load.

Mcload89

4 years ago

I got that exact message too. 

Mcload89

4 years ago

Well it's really official then, Mcload is just some useless spambot.