Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Just Some Random Thoughts

4 years ago

I know this is very random, but I’ve been thinking about it for a while. Does anyone ever try to imagine what someone looks like in real life on this website, or any website where you can have an account and interact with other people online? I try to imagine what some of the people on here look like, but I end up just imagining them as their profile picture. I definitely do not look like my profile picture, I have long brown hair and greenish eyes. I’m also tall. It’s kinda weird to think about, right?

4 years ago

That's really only one random thought.

4 years ago
It's a stretch to call it even one, really.

4 years ago
Scrounge through the forums and you'll find more than a few selfies of members. Hell, there's multiples threads devoted to it.

4 years ago

Wow. 

4 years ago

And where may these threads be?

4 years ago
My profile picture is my selfie.

4 years ago

I think it’s the perfect angle :D

4 years ago
Thank you. It took a while to get it.

4 years ago
there's an imgur album full of selfies of cystians. it's for people less new and less retarded than you to look at.

4 years ago

I guess that makes me a big, black dragon

4 years ago
I suppose one nice thing about online communication is it takes the whole "judging people's appearances" thing away and you focus mostly on what they have to say and their personalities rather than their appearances (though of course the names and profile pics give you a bit of a clue about what sort of people they are). I don't know if it's the same for anyone else but I do link certain names with certain personality characteristics and never really imagine what they look like as they could literally look like anything.

That's the good side of online communication. The bad side is that due to social anonymity and the fact you'll never have to "pay" for insults by suffering a good beating it leaves the socially inept free to spout any rubbish or abuse until they get muted by having their account banned or blocked :)

I am sure some members do have some mental pictures (or fantasies) about other site members though... :)

4 years ago
Oh, I judge people by profile pictures all right.