Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

The Dark Crystal

4 years ago

Anyone here been watching the new Dark Crystal show on Netflix? I'm almost finnished. Kind of helps get the taste of final GOT out of my mouth.

The Dark Crystal

4 years ago
I don't have Netflix, but this has almost been making me wish I did.

I loved the movie just for the visuals and atmosphere, and of course the craftsmanship in creating that world in a time before CGI. But the plot was utterly forgettable of course so I wasn't sure what to expect with the series. It must be damn good though since everything I've heard 100% positive.

The Dark Crystal

4 years ago

They've added more articulation to the Gelfling's faces so they can better emote than they could in the movie. They've also used the green screen process to remove the puppeteers so the Gelflings can move more freely. Mark Hammill , Harvey Firestein, and Simon Peg all voice Skeksis. They even have some of the cast members of Game of Thrones doing voices. The plot's more intricate and character-driven than that of the movie, but everything is leading up to the film's events. 

The Dark Crystal

4 years ago

Haven't seen it yet, but I only saw the original movie once and I wasn't really big into it probably because I didn't see it until much later on. (Like a few years ago)

The Dark Crystal

4 years ago

I understand. When I saw it in the theater in 1982 I was blown away by how advanced the puppetry was. It's even more so in the Netfilix show.