Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Area 51 raid

4 years ago

My fellow CYStians! Anyone coming to the raid tomorrow?

Honestly, I think it’s a little stupid, but I’m kinda curious....

Area 51 raid

4 years ago

Why of course!

Let us clap some alien cheeks!

Area 51 raid

4 years ago

I'm almost certian a quite a few people are going to show up and watch, but I wonder how many will be brave/stupid enough to actually try to go in. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.  I wont be going, (can't exactly skip school to head out to nevada for the weekend).  Still, it's really cool to see the internet banding together like this.  Hopefully no-one winds up dead/in jail, though I'm sure many will...

Area 51 raid

4 years ago

I haven't been keeping up on this, and only paid attention when Kar brought up a youtube video of it in the Discord.

So far it's boring and will probably only bother to show interest again when the military starts shooting people.

Area 51 raid

4 years ago

Tbh, I’m kinda hoping for that to happen

Area 51 raid

4 years ago

I doubt many people will be shot. I can imagine that is possible for people to get incarcerated for an indefinite time. That can happen now.

I've only met one person who ever went there and he was horribly lost. The MPs picked him up and drove him out of the area.

Area 51 raid

4 years ago
I've barely been paying attention to this thing, is the plan to reenact that one scene from Independence Day? But they're not even bringing their own alien to share?

Will Jeff Goldblum at least be there to make the whole thing worth watching?

Area 51 raid

4 years ago

Jeff Goldblum did say he would be there.

As did Keanu Reeves, Chuck Norris, Sweaty Arnold Schwarzennegger, Dwayne the Rock Johnson, Elon Musk, and Shaggy from the live-action Scooby Doo. I don't think they were being serious, though.

Area 51 raid

4 years ago
Betty White is a treasure.

Area 51 raid

4 years ago

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/area-51-raid-images/

"About 100 extraterrestrial enthusiasts converged at the back gate of Area 51 near Rachel to follow through on the original Storm Area 51 plan…

…Law enforcement officers blocked the road about a mile from the gate, with attendees walking the rest of the way. About a dozen officers were stationed at the gate, ready to act if anyone tried to breach the area. At the strike of 3 a.m. an officer with a police dog in tow, walked up from inside of the gates.

Some of the crowd acted as if they were going to “storm” the gates, but stopped after getting laughs from the crowd, as Europe’s “Final Countdown” blared from a attendee’s speaker.

Law enforcement officials were lighthearted for the most part about the gathering, joking with the crowd. They gave a stern warning to a man in a purple Lucha Libre mask for touching the gate as he posed for pictures."

Area 51 raid

4 years ago

Well that’s... disappointing.  I thought at least a couple would make a run for it, (though they probably would’ve died, so maybe this was the best case scenario).  Then again, maybe some did try running, and the government’s just covering it up.

Area 51 raid

4 years ago
I think it mostly had to do with not wanting to be mauled by the canine haha!

What a bunch of useless pansies. No one willing to take one for the team.

Area 51 raid

4 years ago

I mean, it DID originate on the internet... This was probably the first time some of then ever stepped outdoors.  

Area 51 raid

4 years ago
Whoa, I can't believe that one guy got a stern verbal warning. I watched it on liveleak but had to close the video half way through. It was so brutal, I wanted to throw up.

When will this oppressive fascist dictatorship come to an end and stop hiding the truth from the people??

Area 51 raid

4 years ago

*takes notes*

I was sort of backup for the countermeasures to the raid, if it counts lol