Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Should you allow your children to play online game

4 years ago

Hello everybody, I am GamesBX .

Should you allow your children to play online games? Some say yes and some say no. In moderation, online games for kids can be beneficial. You should learn about productive and educational online games for kids.

This is a very controversial issue. However, done in moderation and properly monitored, children can benefit and even learn from online games. There are many different online games for kids. For years, parents frowned at games for their children. However, after many conclusive studies on gaming and children, researchers have determined that online gaming can be beneficial. Computers and the Internet will expose children to a whole new virtual world. It may increase your child's interest and effort in learning, thereby increasing his productivity and skills.

When participating and winning a game. Increasing a child's confidence, when a milestone is needed, they will need to try and increase their efforts. Children need to try harder to break the record or complete the mission of the game.

When a child plays online games, it is found that the technological skills necessary to live in today's world are greatly enhanced. Literacy in computers and the Internet is rapidly becoming the basic skills required to join today's workforce. This type of activity can greatly contribute to your child's educational success, as well as their professional career!

Despite its effectiveness, you should care and spend time playing games with your children. Show children the games that they should play to suit their age so that they can develop properly. And also to be closer to your children, for example, when playing games and you will have fun feelings, happy moments together and will interact a lot. The game will be beneficial when you guide children in the right way.

I have a very suitable gambox for children who can entertain and develop skills. Called GamesBX Free. The interface and colors are very eye-catching, easy to use and very suitable for children during their development.

Thanks for reading. Let reply your suggestions below to me. See you.

Copywrite by [LINK EATEN OM NOM NOM]

4 years ago

GamesBX, 

You’re going to need to sell yourself a little better than that if you hope to compete against my C.H.E.F. Portable Entertainment games.  Just from a fellow businessman to fellow businessman, who longs for some real competition.  Your supposed “eye-catching” games look like dogshit, GamesBX, do you even have VR support yet?  Look, I hope to see an actual engaging sales pitch next time, I really do want you to succeed so I can eventually buy you out.

Chef

4 years ago

Just a suggestion, but you might want to consider editing GamesBX to make this site off limits to any child under 15... We have a tendency to go into brutal detail letting small children know that their games are complete and utter steaming horse shit, and crushing their fragile little souls in the process. ^_^

4 years ago
beep beep bo-oop beep?

4 years ago

I hope this is some sort of cool ARG.

I'm sadly no good at them, but it can be fun to speculate.

ARG Musings

First Step

If we take the first letter of each paragraph, we get:

HSTWWDITC

Nonsense, some may say, but I can tell you to never dismiss text till you try Caesar's cipher. After all, if the Romans used it, it must work!

As such, we will utilise a block (too lazy to format as table) to find all possible permutations to brute force the message. This is the weakness of this cipher. I won't be breaking anything better, so lets hope this is it!

HSTWWDITC
ITUXXEJUD
JUVYYFKVE
KVWZZGLWF
LWXAAHMXG
MXYBBINYH
NYZCCJOZI
OZADDKPAJ
PABEELQBK
QBCFFMRCL
RCDGGNSDM
SDEHHOTEN
TEFIIPUFO
UFGJJQVGP
VGHKKRWHQ
WHILLSXIR
XIJMMTYJS
YJKNNUZKT
ZKLOOVALU
ALMPPWBMV
BMNQQXCNW
CNORRYDOX
DOPSSZEPY
EPQTTAFQZ
FQRUUBGRA
GRSVVCHSB

Now what we need to do is look over the internet for anything with any of this, writing a bot might be a good idea. However, I wouldn't want to solve this riddle for everyone, so I'll leave it at that.

Second Step

However, there is another way to get a different output. We just need to figure out what words have a double letter in the fourth position... but how could this possibly be done? I doubt anyone will bother going through a dictionary. Still. I'll leave this to others as well.

Serious Reply

Professionalism

This doesn't come across as very professional to me. A random website is hardly the place for this sort of thing in the first place, have you tried WIX.com? I've seen ads for them...Squarespace, as well.

If you are not some small startup, you should look into getting a better writer.

Capitalisation is relatively easy to get right. If you do it for names and for the first letter of sentences, you'll get it right most of the time.

We are collecting best games in the World. enjoy!

This is from your 'profile' page. You should capitalise enjoy, as it follows a full stop.

However, there are further issues. The general flow of ideas is a bit odd, maybe it is because of where you chose to put paragraphs? I'd suggest reading aloud what you are typing (or just mouthing the words) to see how it fits when together (this assumes you know how to speak English, some people don't and no judgement towards them, I don't know how to speak hundreds of languages!).

Anyway, I'm an amateur, and am not even sure you're not a bot yet, so I'll stop here, regarding the writing quality at least.

I will say that if you are a smaller group, I'd suggest going for a more personal approach if you really care for your audience located on this site...which I don't think will be all that large. However, there have been other companies who have visited these distant lands, some with more success than others, but it can be done.

Studies

It came across as so disingenuous when you just say: "However, after many conclusive studies on gaming and children, researchers have determined that online gaming can be beneficial."

What research? I can also just say: However, after many very conclusive studies on gaming and children, researchers have determined that online gaming...will kill your children!

Now, your intent may be to get people to do their own research, but because your thing is structured like some sort of school essay, it comes across to me that you are trying to use the quoted statement as evidence for your stance. But that isn't how evidence works. If you don't want to link to studies or mention specifics, fine, I guess.

It just seems...unprofessional to me.

Online Games

This may just be me, but when you say 'Online Games' I think of multiplayer games. Stuff like battleroyales (they're popular these days, yeah?).

I think the term you are looking for is browser games. I'm pretty sure browser games will die soon enough, what with flash support becoming a relic of the past. I'm not really informed on this, so I won't get into it, as it is also probably not relevant to your target audience.

Also, you should look into getting your site secured. HTTPS is much better, and safety is super important for most parents when it comes to their kids.

Target Audience

I hope parents aren't expecting little Timmy to become a professional accountant by playing your games for a few days. Sorry, I just find this part: "this type of activity can greatly contribute to your child's educational success, as well as their professional career!" to be incredibly...weird.

This is because, to me, it comes across like you are targeting parents to get them to have their younger kids play your stuff. I know some parents/cultures put pressure for success on kids at a young age, but this statement still seems like such a leap. Surely, little Timmy will do better just studying instead?

Conclusion

Depending on your response to this, I might go look at the site to see if I have other criticisms to level, but as is, I cannot be bothered. I do wonder about how you afford to run the server/site etc. Is there monetisation in your games? Are you praying on children? Parents would definitely like to know if Timmy can spend money for that sense of pride and accomplishment. Anyway, I expect this to fall on deaf ears (I only wrote it because procrastination is a powerful tool).

Regardless, best of luck with future endeavors (if they are not in bad faith)!

4 years ago
Thank you GamesBX, very cool!