Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

THANKSGIVING WRITING JAM SESSION

4 years ago

I think it would be very funny if everyone would make in a day a short story (until 1,000 words) or a short game about Thanksgiving Day.
From a murder story to a dating game everything is allowed always is inside the Thanksgiving holiday theme.

To avoid flooding the new game list Please not publish the game and put the sneak peek link here.

If you write a short story please share it in this thread.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL OF YOU!

Mine will be called THE REVENGE OF TURKEY LOCO

4 years ago
Judging by your title, I can only guess you chose the dating category.

4 years ago

No, Horror dark humour.  However, If I have time I have a small silly date sim idea but only if I have time

4 years ago
How fun! Dibs on a murder mystery game! :~)

4 years ago

Please post a cute thanksgiving drawing of a murderous turkey!

I mean... Yeah draw something if you want, I don't care.

4 years ago

No lie. MHD is the one author I would get really excited about writing a picture book.

4 years ago

Totally She is Awesome

4 years ago
Awh shucks :~)

4 years ago

I think this is a great idea, I will try to contribute as well!

4 years ago

no thanks I can't write stories because I'm still a piece of garbage

but happy thanksgiving to you and everyone also

4 years ago

You aren't garbage and the only way to improve is DOING IT. I am not native and don't have Thanksgiving Day. However, I want to celebrate it with my online family. So come on writing something. Maybe even something related with Chopped. 

4 years ago
Oh no, Tim is morphing into Mara.

4 years ago

*Reassure*

4 years ago

Lol, Gower, I am not so bad .

4 years ago

I will so we have to write it today?

4 years ago

Today and Tomorrow The idea is a short funny something to celebrate the celebration.  It is not a contest or anything like that Is everyone having fun and writing something short.  I have 200 words already in my Revenge of Turkey Loco

So Much To Be Thankful For

4 years ago
Commended by mizal on 11/28/2019 2:19:37 PM
This story is all true, but a few details have been altered to fit the narrative. Kar woke up. There was a weight on his chest. He struggled to breath. He realized his little brother was crouching on top of him in a cheerleader’s uniform. “What the fuck?” More a point of concern, the little bastard was right in the middle of squeezing out a fat turd directly onto his chest, grinning like a gargoyle. “What the fuck!? Get off me!” he exclaimed in disgust, shoving the boy off of him and onto the living room floor. Immediately his brother loosed an unearthly wail, drawing more children into the room. They gibbered and hooted excitedly, pulling at his hair and ears and pinching and biting him, ripping away bloody strips of flesh. One of them dug its fingers into his stomach and started unwinding his entrails across the floor and down the hall. “Hawt,” said Ford, from a shadowy corner of the room. Kar woke up. Seeing he was alone in the living room, he took out his phone and typed into the Discord he had paid money to be in: “I just had a really weird dream.” The first responses flashed on the screen: “Shut up, Kar.” “Lol, fag.” Putting the phone away, he walked into the kitchen. His mother was there, cradling a supermarket turkey and cooing at it. “Meet your new baby brother!” she told him, with manic glee. “Bitch, no. That’s a turkey. Also I hate you.” She pouted. “It is so your brother. But, we’re having him for Thanksgiving dinner, because he’s the Antichrist.” Humming to herself with a vacant smile, she pulled out a giant turkey basted and injected its contents into herself before sliding the bird in the oven. “Also, Kar honey, while you were asleep I carved out one of your kidneys to sell to buy...um, groceries. Tee hee.” He looked down, noticing a scar on his abdomen, then glanced over at the bags of white powder on the table. “You know...sugar, salt, baking soda...that kind of thing. I needed them for the mashed potatoes.” He said nothing, taking out his phone and typing, “I hate my mom almost as much as I hate Rian Johnson.” “Do we even do Thanksgiving?” he asked. “We’re Scottish.” “Oh well, you know, we had to make this fit the theme for the thread somehow.” There was a rumbling sound and pieces of bits of powdery plaster trickled down a newly formed crack in the wall (the fourth one, specifically) before it all burst and collapsed inward, burying her beneath it. With a sigh of relief, Kar walked past the rubble and outside. He walked through the grimy, crumbling city, long given over to rioters, drunks, and shambling, glassy eyed zombies. It stank of mildew, rotting sheep stomachs, stale piss and stale Scottish beer (as if there was an observable difference). Kar spotted some of his friends talking and whispering about something in an alleyway. They looked amused about something, and when they called to him he went right over. They proceeded to beat him up, strip him down, squeeze him into a slinky dress and forcibly apply whorish amounts of makeup. Then they whipped him with long, flesh-colored garden hoses and sprayed him in the face with the foamy water. Finally after what seemed like hours of this sadistic and uncomfortably suggestive torment, Kar managed to break away from them and began to run. He was only two blocks from home when one of the many junkies sprawled on the sidewalk suddenly hissed as he stumbled by, grabbing his leg and sinking its teeth into his pantyhose clad ankle. Kar let out a hoarse cry, kicked the junkie away his stiletto heels, and continued to run. Already he could feel the bite itching and festering. He slipped on a pile of unidentifiable slime and fell into the gutter, and a rat squeaked indignantly at him as it scampered away. He couldn’t help but notice it had a pair of tiny Ford heads where its balls should be. “Hawt!” they said in unison. Kar woke up. His uncle stood beside the couch, glaring at him. “About time, you lazy piece of shit. Hey, I want you to see something.” Kar winced at the sharp pain in his probably infected ankle as he was dragged over to the computer. His uncle hit play on a video, and there was Kar, in makeup and a slinky dress, being forced to suck on his friends garden hoses while they pointed and laughed. It was at 80,085 likes and counting. “What is this sick filth?” demanded his uncle. “What the fuck is wrong with you? It’s so nasty, so wrong. So...hawt!” At that admission, he unzipped his pants and spent the next couple hours raping Kar while the video played on repeat. (It wasn’t so bad since he just used our protagonist’s tears for lube, instead of the usual handful of rock salt.) Afterwards he dragged Kar outside and locked him in a shed, feeding him nothing but dry store brand dogfood and crusty old socks for weeks and administering daily rapings/beatings. Both the police and CPS put him on hold for hours and then hung up on him every time he tried to call, and so he mostly just watched Netflix and hung out in the Discord, rambling about politics while no one paid attention. Finally, with the help of some friendly maggots, Kar’s bitten and infected foot rotted off, leaving a long shaft of bare bone sticking out of the stub that he managed to scrape into a point against the concrete floor. After using it to pick the lock to the shed, he hobbled off, thinking it was kind of cool at first that he could pretend to be a pirate with a pegleg, or maybe Wolverine with just one shitty bone claw, on his foot.. But after awhile he decided it was best just to kill himself. Unfortunately, that was easier said than done; the plan had been to stab himself in the heart with the sharpened leg bone, but he failed at that, as he did at most things the rare times he bothered to attempt them at all. The best he could manage to do was put some gouges in the calf of his other leg. And while doing that, he lost his balance and fell backwards onto the sidewalk. A small dog, a corgi, ran up and peed on him. He caught a glimpse of the words ‘lol fag’ embossed in fancy letters on the dog’s collar. “Hawt,” boomed an appreciative voice from above, and he stared up in horror to see Ford’s gigantic face smiling down from the sun. No, it was the sun. Kar woke up. There was a weight on his chest, and he looked and saw a tiny cricket sitting there. “Wakey wakey!” she chirped in a cheery voice. “You’ve been having a bad dream!” Oh good lord. He remembered everything now. Cricket hopped away to perch on the roof of the cage, and Kar sat up. He was in a cage that hung suspended from a cliff over a lake of boiling lava. He had been here for 4232 years, ever since Cricket unexpectedly underwent apotheosis and was reborn as the god of hellfire, on Thanksgiving Day, 2019. She had burned the world to ashes and remade it into this hellscape, sparing only those she wished to keep beside her and eternally torment. “That dream, it felt so real,” he muttered. “But it was all you, wasn’t it?” “Most of it. But not that part with the garden hoses. Uff da nei. That was allll you. You're a weird kid.” Kar sighed and slumped back against the bars of his cage. “Whatever, I’m just glad it’s over.” “Haaaaawwwwwwwwt!” cried a distressed voice in the distance. Ford was being lowered by chains into the lava bath again. Kar yawned and gazed contentedly into the towering flames crackling on the horizon, the details of the nightmare happily beginning to fade. “You know, it’s nice here. I like it.” @lordcarpark

4 years ago
"Hawt"
And this is where I lost it.
Shut up, Kar
This is almost sad. Almost.
the fourth one, specificallyProbably shouldn't have chosen hiding in the bathroom as my strategy to read this, because it was hard to keep quiet here.
reborn as the god of hellfire, on Thanksgiving Day, 2019
I love this.
Uff da nei.
Mizal officially wins. Everyone else can go home.

4 years ago
Thanks, I figured you'd like being Kar's savior. And I hereby officially deny all accusations of being drunk. I am high only on two glasses of ice water.

4 years ago

Lol. Like Cricket says Insuperable. I will post mine tomorrow morning for Usa. Also very accurate portrayal

4 years ago
Seems legit

4 years ago
Commended by mizal on 11/27/2019 9:45:17 PM

I present, A Very Blackwood November!

I went over the thousand word limit but oh well!

4 years ago
By Jove, she's done it

4 years ago
I surprised even myself. :~)

4 years ago
I'm pretty sure the word limit was more of a guideline, and I don't know if it was meant to apply to actual storygames. Really impressed you pulled this off either way though. I usually don't care for screenplay style dialogue but this is all very classy, and there already seems like so much packed in here for the word count.

4 years ago
Thank you so much!

4 years ago

Oh, now this is a delight and a half. I feel like I've gone to the town play in the horse carriage Pops lemme borrow. Best bring my finest tie.

4 years ago
That's awfully swell of you to say. We'll have to get a soda pop sometime! :~)

4 years ago

Was there a reason why this story was never published? I know the OP said not to, but to hell with the "rules."

4 years ago

I guess I didn't think it was substantial enough. But I suppose it is a complete, if very short game. :~)

Edit: There you go! :~)

4 years ago

I'll post an absolutely fantastic dating sim tomorrow.

4 years ago

Make sure the turkeys are hot. Cold turkey is dangerous on Thanksgiving...

4 years ago

Turns out I'm a lying bitch and couldn't find the time with family stuff. Well, there's always other holidays.

4 years ago
Commended by mizal on 11/28/2019 2:58:35 PM

And here it goes, 1,200 words. My dark humour piece. The Revenge of Turkey Loco

If I have time I will write Fill my heart the turkey dating sim But only if I can

4 years ago

Hahaha! Wow! This is hilarious and gruesome. There appears to be a lot of branching for a short story, some of the choices lead to the same ending though. I liked the idea from the start and I think your English is improving.

4 years ago

Oh, thanks for your kind words! And Yes it has good branching for 1,200 words I think I am starting to get practice about small games. Two choices lead to the same ending because I didn't want to pass 1,300 words and the ending fits both it is like the canon ending.

4 years ago

Yeah it was well designed. Also, the scientists were my favorite part. I think you call them something else, it might be a typo, but they are funny.

4 years ago

Many millenia ago I wrote a short something featuring two nobodies and a mysterious exploding turkey.

KABLOOEY!

So many good lives were lost that Merry Thanksgiving Eve.. 

4 years ago
Commended by mizal on 11/28/2019 2:19:45 PM

Here is mine:

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/Choose_Your_Own_Cookbook_Guide_to_Thanksgiving_Turkey.aspx

I didn't have much time to proofread or link check, so I hope it works!

1050 words by the way.

4 years ago
Commended by mizal on 11/29/2019 4:44:43 AM

Inspiration struck me today. This storygame was written almost in one sitting, although by my local time it is now 4 hours past Thanksgiving. I performed almost no self-editing, so I make no warranty on the spelling or grammar.

4 years ago

I don't know if give you congratulations or be smug about the fact you don't read the rules ABOUT 1,000 WORDS MAXIMUM

4 years ago
Not sure if smug is the really the word you were looking for there, but either way, that's a 'rule' I don't think anyone minds being broken lol.

4 years ago

The way I see it, you guys each wrote 1 story, but I smoked you with 10!

4 years ago
10k in one sitting? I can only assume this involved not doing anything for Thanksgiving and also peeing in jars.

Except for that last part I wish my day off had been half that productive, damn.

4 years ago

I guess "one session" would have been more accurate. I did get up now and then. But my family gathering is over the weekend, so Thursday was nice and quiet. I found the images in the morning, wrote 2 story pages, went hiking for a few hours, then churned out a storygame until 4 A.M.