Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Adrift refugee thread

3 years ago
Welp it looks like the OTHER interactive fiction site I hang out at just up and poofed this morning. Sad day, but can't say it's unexpected given the ongoing lack of interest from the owner. We pretty much all expected this to happen one day.

Setting up this little refugee outpost on the off chance anyone wanders in here since they know I live on this site.

Come on in guys, make yourselves cozy. Besides a place to chat, we can offer you uh, some stale crusts of bread, a half rotten apple, and a dented can of what may be octopus? And then there's this tent! (You have to share the tent.)

For anyone who doesn't know what Adrift is, you can ignore this thread and just take a moment to be grateful we all have Alex paying the bills.

Adrift refugee thread

3 years ago

Why did some guy just wander through, picking up every single piece of trash, spoon, and book?

Adrift refugee thread

3 years ago

Oh god, he's back with a crowbar and he's pulling down that peculiar painting above the mantle. 

Adrift refugee thread

3 years ago
There's a faded photo tucked behind it, of some ominous cloaked guy and....your mom?

Someone has written a cryptic message on the back, but you can only make out a few letters:

L O L F

You pick up the photo and put it in your pocket next to the umbrella, the goldfish, the rusty bucket, the enchanted sword, and a half eaten bagel.

Adrift refugee thread

3 years ago
A spork I could understand, those things are great. A spoon though?

Well it confused me too until I realized the spoon was absolutely vital in finding the treasure your great uncle hid in the old family mansion. Nothing else will do, and it's also the only spoon in the entire universe.

Adrift refugee thread

3 years ago
Welcome?

*crickets*

Adrift refugee thread

3 years ago

The Adrift forums are still around from what I can see.

Adrift refugee thread

3 years ago
Yeah, figured that out a little while ago. I'd have deleted this if Clam's posts hadn't been funny.

It's just an https vs http problem as far as the forum goes, so not as disastrous as we thought. The site itself is gone and advertising Latino dating now, but meh. Nothing's actually tying anybody to it and the important stuff is backed up elsewhere.

I now declare this the general puzzley IF thread.