Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Hello CYS

3 years ago
I've been gone a long time but I haven't stopped thinking about this site. This is the first community I was ever in where everyone took writing seriously and had standards. I learned a lot here from the articles and reading workshop threads, and I've been writing even more on my own ever since.

Both of my CYOA games so far were disappointments, and the third and biggest was deleted when my account on Infinite Story was hacked. But I think everyone will be impressed when they see what I've been working on since then and how much I've improved.

I've decided I don't even like writing CYOA stories to be completely honest, I'd much rather focus on novels. But I'm going to promise you all three epic stories to prove the haters wrong and the people who supported me right.

I may not be on the forum very often again after this, but I'll still be writing and my first story, The Dryad's Revenge (a rewrite of the one I had on IS but bigger and better), will be published before the end of the year.

Hello CYS

3 years ago
Hey, welcome back and good luck with your projects!

Hello CYS

3 years ago

I actually always liked your Honor Among Thieves story.

Hello CYS

3 years ago
Thanks! This means a lot coming from you. :D Redlion and the island its on has become my favorite setting and it's where the main novel I'm working on takes place, Which is weird because I never used to like writing about humans at all. One of my planned storygames will be about the Thieves Guild and the Guards again, but it will let you see much more of the city and have more choices and meet more of the important characters. Honor Among Thieves was good practice, but it was a tiny and pathetic fragment of what it should have been.

Hello CYS

3 years ago

Hey, welcome back to CYS! :)

Hello CYS

3 years ago
I remember a time we used to discourage 'I'm back' threads, but I suppose you're one of the favored children anyhow.

Glad to have you back! What I saw of your writing was always good, in the case of Honor Among Thieves you were just rushed for the contest and didn't get a chance to wrap it up very smoothly.

Sorry about the other story, but IS is pretty gross these days, whatever you had planned would objectively be better off here.

Hello CYS

3 years ago
I would have copied the finished draft here after the contest anyway, but to have it deleted was devastating and demoralizing. I had written 13 thousand words, which I know isn't a lot for people here, but that was a story I was excited about and then afterwards I couldn't bring myself to try and write it again for a long time. I've changed some things and restarted it again last month however, and the finished version will be much more epic. I've learned the importance of having more secure passwords as well, so really whatever hate filled and pathetic loser did that just had everything they wanted completely backfire. They tried to destroy my story and instead I'll just go and make it better than it ever was before. I'm just sorry they'll probably never know because the forum over there is broken and I can't make a thread to tell them so, and you can't even put anything in profiles there.

Hello CYS

3 years ago

Hello! ^_^

Hello CYS

3 years ago

Welcome back!  I'm looking forward to reading your three epic stories!