Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

New Update on My Mom

3 years ago

Well, my Mom had to contend with Sepsis from a urinary tract infection Twice! Because of that my aunt and my sister were going to see about sending her to another nursing home as the one she was originally at is probably to blame for both infections. They'd given her a sonagram and found she had kidney stones. I'm not sure if they've operated to remove those yet. 

But here's the really insane news. She test positive for Covid A THIRD TIME! How is this possible? She seems to be asymptomatic --which wasn't the case the other times. They're giving her zinc, Vitamin C and D, and Pepcid. Apparently, she is breathing well and has no fever.

Some of my friends have posted on Facebook that they've gotten their (first) Covid Vacination shot. I find it annoying that people in their 40's seem to have an easier time getting the Vaccine than my mom. Also, I'm a caregiver for a 76 year old woman with Vascular Dementia, and nobody's given her the Vaccine either. Really frustrating.

Anyway, I hope everyone here on this site is doing well. I should probably start reading people's story-games again and giving crittiques, if only because I've done nothing new as of late and haven't written anything for the longest time.

New Update on My Mom

3 years ago
Damn, yeah, you guys need to get her out of that place.

In my state they've moved on to tier 1b which is for the elderly and people with conditions like diabetes, but it seems impossible to get the things. I've been trying to get my 82 year old neighbor registered, but the first batch we had available, everyone managed to crash the site the registration form was on in under three minutes, and I spammed redial on the number they had for under half an hour before getting a recording because that was down too.

Weird that even being in a care facility isn't getting your mom vaccine though, I thought they were convering all those first. Have you called them for any kind of explanation?

New Update on My Mom

3 years ago

mizal, I thought we were in the same state. Aren't you in Texas? Yeah, I don't know when they're going to give my mom the Vaccine.

New Update on My Mom

3 years ago

Do you know what kind of test that was?

I kind-of understand why people want the elderly vaccinated first, but epidemiologically speaking it is not a good idea at all and could go wrong in major ways.

New Update on My Mom

3 years ago

Northwind, afraid I don't know the kind of test. I only know all this because my sister texted me.

New Update on My Mom

3 years ago
Damn, that really sucks. So, how is that possible? Did she get covid, then recover, then get it again and then recover and then get it for a third time, or has she just had covid this whole time? O.O

New Update on My Mom

3 years ago

Avery_Moore, I'm not sure what it's all about it. I'm getting my information third hand here. Haven't seen my mom since Christmas of 2019.

New Update on My Mom

3 years ago
Oh God, that's shitty. I'm really sorry. Who're you getting updates from?

New Update on My Mom

3 years ago

Also really sorry, this really sucks. I would think if it was a true third time infection we would hear it on the news.

People who have had Covid can test positive in PCA tests for two months or so, because DNA is a very stable molecule and it hangs around for a while.

New Update on My Mom

3 years ago

New Update on My Mom

3 years ago
Yeah, I heard about a woman in Italy who'd had the virus non-stop pretty much since the pandemic started. Really doesn't make sense how most people only seem to have symptoms for a week or two and others have had it for months. >.<

New Update on My Mom

3 years ago

My mom called me two days ago and said she was slated to get a Vaccine shot February 1st, my birthday. Also, the local chapter of Meals on Wheels may be able to arrange for the woman I take care of to get her shot.

New Update on My Mom

3 years ago
That's really good. ^_^

New Update on My Mom

3 years ago
Man, that's pretty awful the amount of things she's had to go through as of late. At least this time around she's asymptomatic. Covid really is rough given how little we know about it at the moment.