Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Okay, who yoinked my points?

2 years ago

...I'm mostly curious as to which of the current roster of admins would say "yoinked."

Also, y'know, why.

2 years ago

Wasn't me. Probably Sent or Thara 

your points have been restored 

2 years ago

Couldn't have been me. Probably Thara or Tim.

2 years ago
This major discrepancy in the pants economy needs to be corrected, Malk. You can't just go poofing pants into existence out of thin air. This is how chaos enters the world, and inflation.

But it was nice of you to restore them so that the years of collecting pants in exchange for doing nothing once again will have meaning.

2 years ago

Penalized Thara already. I will burn a foreskin offering to the financial gods to make up for this 

2 years ago
Some grave robbing has been happening on and off, but the loot is all carefully noted down and accounted for, and I'm reasonably certain pulses were checked. You must've just seemed really dead.

I would check with Thara or Ford.

2 years ago

For future reference, the opposite of yoink is yeet.

2 years ago

Only resting!

2 years ago

Should've poked her with a stick first. :p

2 years ago
bc ur a fgt

2 years ago

Good to see you too, Ford! ^_^

2 years ago

Because why not? 

2 years ago
Hi Morgan! ^_^

2 years ago

Hi Avery! Good to see you! ^_^

2 years ago

You too! I miss your writing prompts. They were fun. ^_^

You writing anything atm?

2 years ago

Aw, thanks! Maybe I should start that up again, I had fun with it. Even if I mostly didn't do them myself. XD

And: Yes! I recently finished the first draft of a novel. But I want to be able to pitch it as a possible series, so I've got to plot out four more books to make sure I'm setting things up properly in Book One. 

I may also try my hand at a short interactive piece, though I'm undecided as to my authoring tool. CYS has the advantage of being something I can use on my phone, so it's in the running! I do like the ChoiceScript workflow, though.

How about you?

2 years ago

Uhh... *Hides terrible dragon erotica behind back.* Nope. Nothing at all. ^_^

2 years ago

AHAHAHA! I don't even know if I can read it... whyyyy... XD

2 years ago
Weird, I just had every screen around me light up with some kind of weird Greek looking logo, then it flashed the words 'THARA'S GAME = 500 POINTS, WILL'S GAME = 500 POINTS. TELL THE OWL.'

I wonder what that could mean.

2 years ago
You big old meanie! :p

2 years ago
Look at her exp page and tell me you are not disgusted by this welfare queen who got a thousand points for nothing and hasn't even skimmed through a game since 2015 despite being constantly online. Literally the only one here even worse than Bluefur.

Although your own gambling addiction also concerns me, I know it's more about how much you enjoy exploiting children.

2 years ago

Like taking candy from a baby. ^_^

2 years ago
Actually I can't decide which one is worse without more time analyzing the data. I'll admit there's potentially mitigating factors in play with each, at least when only comparing them to each other. But they are both very bad.

2 years ago

But I don't do it for the points! I do it for the pretty trophy. ^_^

2 years ago

@Morgan_R 

I have magnanimously stepped up to defend your points but you should rate some games to avoid future victimization. I recommend starting with CYBERMONKEY 

2 years ago

how tf would you rather lose all your points than read games on a site devoted to reading games 

2 years ago
Takes more effort to make a thread and type words than it does to pick a random game and click through it to feign activity. Bewildering.

2 years ago
Yeah I mean considering even you of all people are managing to feign your way nicely to a glowy trophy and the commissioned art despite being the embodiment of apathy and sloth, it really is odd.

2 years ago
At least I'm doing it manually and not using a bot :D

2 years ago

Someone else yoinked my points after you so magnanimously returned them. Possibly TWICE, nevermind, I've lost count, depending on which one was you.  I've yet to decide if I'm picking up their gauntlet.

But I can play and rate some games... especially if I do decide to work on something here. It's only fair to rate if I'm going to be getting rated. I'm always torn between "having high standards" and "wanting to be nice," but I'll manage.

What I should really do is reviews. Again, though, I hate to be too hard on published work. It doesn't help make it better, unless the author decides to unpub and fix stuff...

2 years ago

honestly this place is a little too nice with the reviews these days. go hand out some 4s if your standards demand it, a lot of people deserve them 

but also rememebr who came to bat for your points when it comes time to rate (me)

2 years ago

Thanks, Malk. CYBERMONKEY is at the top of my to-play list, and it looks like fun.

Edit: Played and rated, and glad I did!

2 years ago
Many yoinkings have occurred this day, but your original thousand currently being held in an untraceable account in Neo Tokyo will be transferred back and protected if Thara and Will's games are reviewed.

As I understand it. All conjecture of course, but these hackers seem honorable.

Whatever arrangement you're making regarding CYBERMONKEY is Malk's affair. But imagine needing an arm twisted to play CYBERMONKEY. Reading it is its own reward.

2 years ago

Much is made clear. (Owls, contrary to stereotype, are not actually that bright)

Well, sounds like I've got games to play!

Edit: Thara's first, she's scarier! XD

2 years ago

Please tell the honorable hackers that I have reviewed games of both Thara's and Will's. If they'd be so kind as to restore my points, I'd appreciate it. 

And now to see if the goalposts move...

2 years ago
Well looks like someone else gave them to you so whatever, I was getting bored with this.

I do find it pretty interesting you ignored Thara's featured game and Will's brand new game which is what most people would've understood the message to be referring to, in favor of the shortest ones possible. Interesting and entirely in character.

That points page is a pretty solid payoff though, lol.

2 years ago

I'd have expected the hackers to provide specific parameters, if they had them. I'm an owl of short attention span, so shorter is generally better. Less chance of me wandering off midgame, never to return. So yes, the next time the hackers want to engage in extortion, they should be more specific.

2 years ago

You know, I do feel a little bit bad. It honestly hadn't occurred to me that you the hackers would want specific games reviewed. And of course they weren't the ones to steal the points, just... intercept them.

So, Thara's princess game, and which of Will's? They seem to sort in alphabetical order, not chronological...

2 years ago

I think Detective 2 was the one that they had in mind 

2 years ago
http://chooseyourstory.com/Stories/new.aspx

The existence of this page is possibly one of the most closely guarded secrets on the entire site.

2 years ago

Oh hey, and it's not even full of Warrior Cats! Thanks!

2 years ago
LMAO, that points page.

She may be waiting on the outcome of the war.

2 years ago
Hi ho! That was a fun read haha!

2 years ago
I hate to see our mods fighting like this.

Look, I rated Thara's game and I left a comment awhile ago. Just give me the 500 points, and that's half the problem solved.

2 years ago
@TharaApples

I'm willing to raise my rating to an 8. Let's talk.

2 years ago

Morgan is under Malk's protection. However, since mizal has insisted, my story better be at the top of her list. If not, this will never end. I might consider your words in that instance.

2 years ago

I'd never insult a witch goddess by putting her games after a mere mortal's!

Oops, wait, I already did. But I finished CYBERMONKEY, so you're at the top NOW... XD

2 years ago

I'm sure mizal will be happy to hear that. 

2 years ago
It's fine, ancient Hebrew writings have been unearthed showing Malk is of divine lineage as well.

2 years ago

Reading Morgan's points history is fun. ^_^

2 years ago

"Points have one purpose, and it''s the one thing this one will never do."

Anyone want to claim this one? Maybe make a bet?

2 years ago
This is the kind of fun drama I remember from back in 2011.

2 years ago

I probably shouldn't start tagging mods just to find out who threw this particular gauntlet...

It would also be a terrible reason to make a storygame here. Though "I can write it on my phone" is tempting...

How about you, how's your WIP?

2 years ago
I've got everything on pause. I just got through an academic whipping, so I'm trying to decide what to do during this window of calm.

2 years ago

Relax, maybe?

Not to discourage more creative pursuits, but sometimes you just need some downtime.

2 years ago
I've got about a month. Feels like a shame not to do something with it. I'll probably try to read and rate as many story games as I reasonably can in the meantime.

2 years ago

A good thing to do!

(Dooo as I say, not as I dooo, hoo hoooo!)

2 years ago
Oh that was mine. The only thing points are hard coded to do is make your ratings on games count for more.

But feel free to tag Endmaster if you don't believe me.

2 years ago

Well, that's much less interesting than I thought. I figured it was some sort of convoluted "encourage the creation of storygames," with me not having a single storygame to my name. But rating and reviewing are good things to do, so I'll see if I can keep that up.

And thanks for the suggestion, I'm sure that would end REALLY WELL for me. But I think I'll refrain, for my own mysterious owlish reasons. 9_9

2 years ago

The rating system really is bizaree and I cannot figure it out for the life of me. (All I know is that you need about a thousand ratings to even have a chance of squeezing into the top five.) :p