Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Any other "hopeless romantics" out there?

12 years ago

I've just been thinking a lot lately. A lot about my past relationships and what I would have done and how I would have handled things differently. That's actually what kind of drew me to create my first game here. What if things played out differently? What if I said this and did that? Blah blah blah... I know.

Granted, I've been single for almost a year and gorge myself on Adele and sad, sappy indy songs on the daily and it's truly not helping at all. All I want at this point is a nice, straight laced girl. One who doesn't do drugs, isn't a complete slut and who isn't totally uptight. I'm 19 (20 next month) and I'm learning it's pretty much impossible to find a girl my age with those traits. It's sad and I just hope I don't end up getting too depressed. I guess I just need some assurance here... Or someone to join in on this brooding.

I know this is no advice column or self-help forum but... Does anyone else feel the way I do or have any words of wisdom for guy that just wants a decent girl?

12 years ago

Wow, I realized we have the exact opposite interest in women haha.

I think Space Bound by Eminem pretty much explains my whole status on relationships right now. Not having any feelings towards girls besides lust and then you finally find a girl you fall for but it works out badly.

12 years ago

Hahaha totally, man. That's how it was for my whole freshman year but in the end... It just succeeded in making me feel like shit. I'm not really into "using" women and drinking and smoking on the daily like most college students seem to love so much. I tried it and I'm done with it, so to speak. I'm just ready to settle down with a trustworthy chick who's actually worth my time.

12 years ago

Eh, hopefully the same won't happen for me haha. I'm not ready to settle down and if my life turns out the way I hope it will (obviously it won't) I won't even have to have a house. Only a couple friends' whose couches I can pass out on for three nights a week.

12 years ago

Hahahah to each their own, dude. Everyone deserves to have what they want, in my opinion, and if that's what you want then by all means. To be honest I just want a little house in some rural area, away from these soul-sucking suburbs. That's all I'd need, I think. Plus a decent chick, like I said lol

12 years ago

I can be like this some times, but some advice I have for you is to really just get to know the person before really dating them. Like get to be friends with them, you know?

12 years ago

Yeah, I suppose it is kind of a fleeting feeling. But deep down, this is just the way I am. I seem to crave a partner to fall back on when things get tough instead of just drowning in loneliness. I mean, I have a family (brother, mom and dad) but sometimes that's not really enough.

I also have a great best friend who I've known since Kindergarten and aside from him, the rest of my friends are pretty much all girls save for two other dudes that I consider semi-best-friends haha... But all of the girls who I'm close to seem to be taken or just plain not for me, relationship-wise. It gets disheartening, it really does...

12 years ago

Well if you find a girl you like, instead of quickly asking her out on a date, get to know her first. And if you're in a relationship, wait for it to go sour before jumping the gun onto another girl, like in your storygame with Erica.

12 years ago

Oh... Of course. Of course, I am more than aware of that fact, believe me. My life didn't play out exactly as the game does, please don't think it did haha... I had to comb over details and skip a lot of time and situations so I could complete the game without it taking me a year. I just wanted to get it out there so it may seem like I don't know how relationships work, but I assure you, I am not 100% the protag of that story. Things were exaggerated, scaled down and skipped over.

12 years ago
Becoming friends first with a girl can be dangerous if you have plans to become more than friends. Beware the friend zone. Beware.

12 years ago

I'm more or less along the same lines as you are, man. I don't want a girl who gets high on anything dangerous (pot or something like that I can see myself with as long as she's not a heavy smoker), but my main thing is with intelligence. Looks or cool, but sooner or later I end up wanting to punch the person I'm talking to at this rate haha.

12 years ago
Women are suckers for pretty words (sorry ladies, it's true). I wrote a couple poems on a different site linked here. Ignore the title "Under the Crescent Moon" and go for the poems that start with For my... etc. Trust me, women will fall like dominoes if you know how to weave poetry like that.

12 years ago

Yes! Poetry. I'm a pretty active poet with a few awards to prove my savvy but I normally don't pull that card with women. I think it's a little petty and somewhat cliche. But I may just try it out some day. Who knows...

12 years ago

Totally. I mean, I guess I'm okay with moderate pot use but I really would think twice about the girl. My last girlfriend started out a moderate smoke, got me doing it once in a while, then she became a heavy smoker and then a pill abuser when I dumped her. Oh, did I also mention she was a little on the deranged side?

So with that solely in mind, I'd prefer a clean and sober girl (like myself, been so for a year) who just enjoys the little things in a life. Sitting home and watching a movie or something would be an amazing night haha...

But yeah. I'm with you on the intelligence factor too. If she honestly can't hold her own in a conversation on Shakespeare, Ingmar Bergman or Scorsese, then she's out! Haha... That might be a little bit of an exaggeration, but I think you get my point. She can't be a barbie with no brain, but I also wouldn't really go for a Velma. I just want a normal chick. At least some type of intelligence, and not horrible on the eyes. I don't think that's too much to ask.

12 years ago
Talk about hopeless, talk about me.....

My relationship with a girl i met from a film festival went way sour after a few months. We met and we started getting very close. Just when I went to take the extra step she tells me she was bi-sexual and she had this girl she loved from like a year before. I haven't been with anyone since and i have no intentions to for a while. The sting still hasnt worn off unforutantely.

She was a great person though. I don't talk to her anymore. Thats bascially my version of a sour relationship. Yes, people, you can make tons of what? comments, because i asked myself, why did i get close to her without thinking....

12 years ago

Damn :/ Tough break, man. I feel you. Girls can be fickle. And usually are, from my experience. My ex actually "became" bi and decided to date multiple girls for attention and to make me jealous. They're an odd breed, women. But it seems we just can't get enough of 'em. A universal paradox.

5 years ago

This guy probably ended up killing hookers.

5 years ago
Or founded one of those incel sites.

5 years ago

No no it's much more fun to just kill the woman who look like hookers, the real one's are boring. 

5 years ago

Only just realized this thread is 6 years old. 

5 years ago

As if any internet slacker can be trusted to get that proactive about his "romanticism".

5 years ago

*links to some bland, saccharine and childish burps of words*

"Trust me, women will fall like dominoes if you know how to weave poetry like that."

5 years ago
"Undr, you are one of the womens. If you do not fall for pretty my poetry that I wrote in between visits to DevianArt for research purposes, then the world is out to get me since all womens are evils and sleep with alls the men but me because I am so nice."

5 years ago

I could not understand anything you just said but I think I like you. Your my new best friend.

5 years ago

I genuinely can't tell you how disappointed I was when I realized that this was 6 years old. I thought I'd a genuine nice guy turning into an incel right in front of me.