Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Ideas for Storygame

8 years ago

Hey guys, and gals! I am just about to write a story, but first I need ideas! I even have an idea for the first page.

It was a normal day in East Village, Manhattan. People are walking around, going about their daily business. However, for you, 23-year-old Cody Madsen, this very day would turn out to be the adventure of you life. As you were riding the subway to Queens for a job interview, the unexpected happened: the train tracks collapsed, and the subway landed in the ocean. You don't know how, or why it happened, but all you know is that you might not be making out alive, as you drift into unconsciousness. 

[Insert Where the Character Will End Up]

Ideas for Storygame

8 years ago

So you're saying that the entire subway landed in the ocean and not the train only?

Ideas for Storygame

8 years ago
That doesn't make any sense. Also, discussions on works in progress belong in the writing workshop.

Ideas for Storygame

8 years ago

First off, I would make sure that this makes sense at least. Wait, this could be a story on how not to write a story. This could be the first page, and go something like:

Rule 1: Make sure the plot actually makes sense or else people will think you're high.

It could be like Will11's How Not To Write-A Pokemon Adventure-Part 1-Chapter I - Section A: The Beginning of the Start except not as good.