Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Allegedly a Dragon Story

7 years ago
Well, Cinderella took a shit on her pumpkin because she was too busy dicking with formatting. But her she is, in all her sexually attractive glory.

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/allegedly-a-dragon-story

The coalition would of Bucky, Steve24833, Malkalack, IAP, MasonJarGuzzi, iavatus, Axiom and mizal would like you all to bask in our entry for @Kiel_Farren 's 2016 school based contest.

With that said, we would also like to disqualify our collaborative story for blatantly violating the rules of the contest and utilizing multiple authors.

GET YOUR DRAGON ON.

Allegedly a Dragon Story

7 years ago

We were so preoccupied with whether we could, we didn't stop to think about whether we should. 

Allegedly a Dragon Story

7 years ago
Apparently I put the link where the text goes up there. So here's a link that actually works, and not on the corner sucking people off. Allegedly a Dragon Story

Allegedly a Dragon Story

7 years ago

I-I tried telling you not to publish it when you showed it to me! 

*sniffles* 

What have you all done!? 

Allegedly a Dragon Story

7 years ago

Oh Bucky, you kidder. Putting me down as a co-author. So funny!

What is this, a dragon story? I've never heard of such a thing but I'm sure you worked very hard on singlehandedly writing it. Kiel will be so proud.

Allegedly a Dragon Story

7 years ago

Also, we were just following orders. 

Allegedly a Dragon Story

7 years ago

What the fark? It's 8/8.....

Allegedly a Dragon Story

7 years ago

Why wouldn't it be?

And Mason, you probably could have submitted all your contribution as its own story.

Allegedly a Dragon Story

7 years ago

Lol, nah. I'm saving my wiriting for a big one. I'd much rather have one story that takes a couple years to write than a bunch of short stories that take a few months. I'm kind of nervous about it.....

Allegedly a Dragon Story

7 years ago
Regardless your contribution was impressive, especially on such short notice.

Allegedly a Dragon Story

7 years ago

Thanks, Bucky.

Allegedly a Dragon Story

7 years ago

Yes, really, that was a lot of pages. Mason, I think you've found your calling.

Allegedly a Dragon Story

7 years ago

Damn't, Mizal, you've made me linger back to touching my 'relic' games. 

Allegedly a Dragon Story

7 years ago

It was so good that I left two reviews!  (Mainly because I found my first one to be factually wrong.) Oh well, I'll definitely have fun with reading this over and over again. 

Allegedly a Dragon Story

7 years ago
Glad you enjoyed it, Thara.

Allegedly a Dragon Story

7 years ago

My personal favorite was the god Mizal and Bucky. Who wrote that? I'm expecting Buck.

Allegedly a Dragon Story

7 years ago

Yes.

Allegedly a Dragon Erotica

7 years ago

Just relishing in the fact that I made Larry-Boy Mk. II squirm so much he had to comment on his own story to try and defuse mine.  I should shit-post more often.

TBH, was pretty fun, even if there were wasted opportunities in Psychological Warfare and Practical Assaults.  Favored the Religion one heavily, if only to distract myself from how glaringly 8th grade Sorcery felt.  

Addendum : Would've felt like a real 7/8 if you guys went all Eli Wiesel on the dwarf segments.

7 years ago

You should find something better to relish, mate. Life is full of wonders, and   if you're masturbating over how people are "lol so salt", you haven't experienced very many of them. 

7 years ago

Malkie's saying something generic and non-flammatory?  *Unzips*Can't disagree to that.

7 years ago

Nevermind.

7 years ago

@Nevermind

7 years ago

So who is Larry-Boy Mk I?

And when I did a half assed search on Larry-Boy all I could find was something about VeggieTales, so I’m guessing this is another one of those young people references I’m not getting due to being of great old age.

7 years ago

I have no idea, but it's a little disturbing if there's a Veggie Tales character that can be compared to Malk. I feel like parents should complain.

I did get a chuckle out of Swyft's review though. The story felt...uneven? Unfinished? Even...rushed? You don't say!  

It does sound like she hit the Citadel link while it was broken, though.

7 years ago

Mk I was another user on another forum Malk and I were in. Malk came here when I posted the link to here.

7 years ago

I have no idea who you're talking about. The only people I remember are you, Thin, and 5x Pi 

7 years ago
@Swiftstryker

Did you get to Citadel? I'm not sure Toxic was working properly when you played, but it should be functioning correctly now. I forgot that the editor doesn't set the first page in a new chapter as the first page by default.

7 years ago

@Bucky will try it again.

It's impossible to pass all the classes, right?

7 years ago
You can't go through everything in one play-through no.

Village Assault won't loop back to the other courses regardless of what happens, neither will Dragon Sorcerer. I believe most of the others loop back to the Course selection page.

I've actually only fully read my own stuff, which is the intro page and anything that stems form the village assault line, and Mason's material. So that's one more thing I have to do after reading, Killa's, DEP's, and Steve's stories.

7 years ago

I was just about to ask who wrote the village assault path.

I tried to clear all the classes just to see if I could, but five of them are left. Village Assault, Dragon Sorcerer, Philosophy, Aerial Assault and High Society which would loop back to the class list but wouldn’t actually go away.

7 years ago
Yeah, Ax added that one last. I'm going to take it down after midnight and fix any minor bugs people find. High Society not disappearing is the only one I'm aware of at the moment.

7 years ago

I wondered if that was Ax, since it didn’t look anything like the rest of the story and the writing style wasn't as familiar.

And it looks like Philosophy does loop back, but it’s a bit unconventional since there’s a path where you technically die, but get sent back to the start instead of ending the story.

7 years ago
Maybe Steve was paying tribute to necromancy.

7 years ago

Oh, yeah, I decided to contribute right before the deadline, so I didn't actually read any of the rest of it before writing mine. But I feel that's in keeping with the spirit of this collaboration, really.

7 years ago

Still say it's a damn shame that dragon didn't find one of your old NaNo novels while crying in the bathroom...

7 years ago

Trust me, no one wants to read those.

7 years ago

I didn't know we were making them disappear, mine just loops back to the courses page.

Is the idea to put some kind of...let's call it an 'ending' in if all the courses are completed? That seems strange and confusing but I'm not entirely opposed to such a novel idea.

7 years ago
I just put a one use only designation on all the links on that page so they'd disappear after being used if you got cycled back. Ax put hers in last, and I forgot to do that one.

Allegedly a Dragon Story

7 years ago

Castle Assault bumps it back up to 5/8.

Allegedly a Dragon Story

7 years ago
For anyone who has noticed, cares, hasn't noticed, or otherwise doesn't give a damn either way, consider this the official clarification: Allegedly a Dragon Story has been taken down, or more accurately - in a hyperbolic sense - nuked out of orbit. So if you were hoping for a revamp, rewrite or republishing, it would be unwise to hold your breath.

Apologies to anyone who enjoyed the story or wanted to read it but hadn't gotten to it yet. If you fall into this category, then I challenge you to write another - better - story about dragons in its place, which I doubt will be too difficult of a feat to a determined mind. If you don't fall into this category or particularly detested the bloody thing, this would be an excellent time for you to dance on its ashes.

Cheers.

Allegedly a Dragon Story

7 years ago
I saw it wasn't around a while ago, but hoped it would come back. Why? :( It was the best dragon story I've ever read.

Allegedly a Dragon Story

7 years ago
The simplest answer: parts of it had been taken out over time for various reasons, so in the end, it really wasn't what it was at birth. And I thought it best to give her a quick and clean death.

I'd say I'd put writing a replacement story on the to-do list, but I'm going to be very busy with something else for the foreseeable future.

Allegedly a Dragon Story

7 years ago

I remember reading it a while back. It was absolutely hilarious, I'm sad to see it go. I'm not sure that the subject matter would be about dragons, but I really like the idea of ADS; a collaborative story made by 5 or more people. Maybe another one could be hosted here, with only trusted members being allowed to join? Not officially or even posting a thread garnering people's attention, just by PMing anybody who might be interested.

Allegedly a Dragon Story

7 years ago
That's essentially how the first one was written. It was just a joke held together by the faintest hint of a general premise with a bunch of people who might be able and willing to write something amusing getting PM'd last minute.

If you are planning on writing one, I recommend starting with a strong introductory page that leads into a wide branching second page where every member throws down a link to start off their own special pathway(s). That way, you don't get your feet tangled up with each other. The site only allows 4 co-authors at a time, so you may need to rotate co-authors until everyone gets their content into the editor.

Allegedly a Dragon Story

7 years ago

Thanks for the advice, but I don't know if I'll attempt this since I'm not good with working with people and someone else would most likely be more competent at it than me. Nevertheless, I have a question; who do you think/know would be interested in something like this, aside from the people who worked on ADS?

Allegedly a Dragon Story

7 years ago
Your best bet would be people you frequently talk and get along with on the site or a group of your personal friends. If you go the latter route, I imagine you could make it a weekend adventure/party kind of thing.

Allegedly a Dragon Story

7 years ago

Well, that makes me sad.