Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Home Page

7 years ago

Kiel Farren has removed "A Game of Life and Death" (i cri) this means that there's an open space on the home page.

@jjj-thebanisher

@EndMaster

@Killa_Robot

@BerkaZerka

Home Page

7 years ago

This belongs in the parlor room! What do you think should replace it?

Home Page

7 years ago

Sorry, I posted it in the wrong place.

Personally I think mabye Avery M: Dead Mans Journal.

Home Page

7 years ago

I forward this.

Home Page

7 years ago
I can't remember which section it was in.

e: Oh, home page? In the Top Advanced Storygames rotation then?

Home Page

7 years ago

Yeah, now we can't read Game of Life and Death anymore. Kiel has killed me inside.

Home Page

7 years ago
I mean the game, not this thread.

Home Page

7 years ago

Oh. I think Fantasy Adventure.

Home Page

7 years ago

Since you were considering replacing Oakmount Drive with it, Apocalypse Yesterday.

Home Page

7 years ago
Okay, horror then. Uh, that's an issue, most of the non-featured horror games suck. I guess Apocalypse Yesterday would be the obvious one since it was brought up, but I still haven't finished it and can't really speak to its quality just from reading the first few pages.

Steve has one I like but the rating's technically not high enough I think.

Home Page

7 years ago

I vote for Avery M.

Home Page

7 years ago

Also, while this is here, should we change what the two front page categories are?

Home Page

7 years ago

Yeah, probably.

Home Page

7 years ago
Not swapping stories out, but changing the actual categories? Separating games by Advanced and Basic always seemed weird to me tbh but I never thought of that as something that could be changed. Interesting. Would almost need it's own thread or a poll or something I'd think.

Home Page

7 years ago

But the title of this thread is so apt.

Home Page

7 years ago
How complex can you get with the pool they draw from?

Like one box for top rated storygames in general, and one taking stories from a certain genre only seems simple, but for the latter, could it pick a genre at random and spit out five top games from it?

Home Page

7 years ago

Yeah, probably. That would be cool. Maybe it should do a tag instead of a genre though. Can you submit this to fWW?

Home Page

7 years ago
Done.

Home Page

7 years ago
I nominate Alpha Wolf to get re-featured in the open Horror slot. Nothing else is really worthy. It's almost like more people should have finished their entries for the October Horror Contest.

Home Page

7 years ago

That's good for Horror, but what about the home page?

Home Page

7 years ago
Mommy

Home Page

7 years ago

Yes!

Home Page

7 years ago

That's a good one :)

I haven't been able to rate it, sadly. Haven't gotten to a end game link

Home Page

7 years ago

I thought it was already on the front page, but I guess not.

Home Page

7 years ago

Just featured it. Front page handled.

Home Page

7 years ago

Nice! :D

Home Page

7 years ago
I vote we leave that slot open until the end of February. Bucky, I think I found your next contest theme, and we've got better incentive this time.

Home Page

7 years ago
You have more faith in your fellow members than usual. Or has your recent word counts made you feel optimistic in your ability to trample on ghost competition?

Home Page

7 years ago
I really think it was the co-author requirement that did that one in. A month should be plenty of time to write a moderate-sized horror story under normal circumstances.