Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Story achievement question

6 years ago

I know there were a couple stories here that tried to incorporate achievements. Briar Rose's Tower of Riddles is the only one coming to mind right now though.

Wasn't it a case where you beat the game and some sort of code was added for you to put into your profile and it would show up? (Like you got an image of "I beat Tower of Riddles")

If so, does anyone know if these still work? I was trying to see if anyone still had these images in their profiles since I remember quite a few people had them at one time. Maybe when JJJ updated the site security it disabled this feature.

6 years ago

I'm pretty sure Madbrad200 has all of those profile badges.

6 years ago

Yeah, he's got the Tower of Riddles one and some others.

Someone at another site was asking if this place had achievements and trophies. The closest thing I could think of for achievements was what Briar did with her story.

6 years ago
I'd assumed those were just images you hotlinked on your profile. The site's achievement system exists only in the form of the community contributor, highest poster, and Mod trophies. There are no trophies for actions within games per se, and even if 3J were to return from the frigid North, I doubt this particular feature would be a high priority.

6 years ago

Oh yeah, it definitely wouldn’t be a high priority. I was just trying to answer a question and I wasn’t sure if the “achievement images” were even working anymore.

In case if anyone’s interested: http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.php?id=22494

6 years ago
Who's atgnat? They sound similar to Mizal. People visiting the site really should just start with checking out the stories >6 in rating, there's magic there. Plus, given the variety of stories, this is easily more varied than Fallen London, though FL is more consistent and steeped in a deeper lore, for obvious reasons.

6 years ago

Seems like an interesting forum. I signed up.

Hopefully some of the members over there are interested enough to join up here and write some quality storygames.

6 years ago
They're going to be over there bitching among themselves about the sighty invasion.

6 years ago
Minnie, that's a blindy forum. I'm not stopping you from joining of course, but could you just come here for a moment? I totally don't have a sharp stick ...
It's funny though, I post on ag to get them to join cys, and instead a lot of cys people join ag.

6 years ago

Honestly, i'll probably forget about that forum in two hours and never look at it again. I wouldn't want to sneak into the blindy club for too long.

6 years ago
End referred to it as May's Falmer den and that's how I'll always think of it now.

6 years ago
There were two... dang, I had them on my profile, but I guess I removed them... I think they were from AppDude... you got a link to an image that you could add to your profile if you completed the story...

6 years ago
Yeah, they were just pics you had to copy/past into your own profile, nothing automated about them at all.

I have a Pikachu one at the end of Kill Aman's Mustache.