Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Kill Aman's Mustache Continues to Stump CYS!

6 years ago
So, the stats on Kill Aman's Mustache are quite impressive and sad all at the same time.

76 ratings since 05/12/2013 - played 5,819 times (finished 52)

Damn! No one has any staying power anymore. I mean, it's supposed to be a puzzle after all, but maybe it's just too hard for the kids these days?

What do you think?

Should I add a bail-out link in there somewhere, like "commit suicide" or something, so more folks can actually rate it (even though it means they epic failed the entire point of the game)?

6 years ago
How can it have been rated 76 times if it was only finished 52?

But yeah that is kind of depressing. There's no end to the laziness of readers though.

6 years ago

Berka probably took it down a few times to fix things and you know how ratings/finished stats don't line up sometimes when that happens.

EDIT: I guess you could add a suicide choice, the only downside I suppose with that is you'll potentially get people rating it a 1 because they couldn't finish it.

6 years ago

6 years ago
I will agree that its pretty darn hard. I dunno if a bail out link is appropriate after all this time, though...but I also know it is frustrating to have not reached that darn 100 ratings plateau, especially after 4.5+ years!

6 years ago
You have a good point - it might eventually hit the front page though, if the rest of the short rated games get done.

6 years ago

Just checked and see that I successfully completed it in 2013. I seem to recall that his moustache is all powerful.

6 years ago
Yeah, it's pretty brutal haha!

Pretty sure none of the newbies around these days have the moxie to actually slog through it like the 76 old-schoolers of the past.

Kudos to Ogre11, RainSnowIce, & Orange though, who recently added their names to the short list of those who actually got far enough to rate it! ^v^

6 years ago

KAM is actually my second favorite storygame on the site. I did spend a great deal of time on it (such as being stuck over an hour on the fake end game link). Nonetheless, it was a brutality that was highly enjoyable. If there was an early (and real) end game link, I'm afraid my lazy self may have taken the easy way out thus robbing me of the rest of your great story. 

6 years ago

I definitely enjoyed it, I'll try it again later when I have more time. Also, maybe Briar_Rose would have more time to finish the sequel to her featured story if she stopped trying to murder me while finding this mustache. 

Also that statistic at the top may not count for people who finished the game, but closed out without rating it.