Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Romance Contest: About Darius and the Desert God

6 years ago
Let's see how well I can sound like Ebon here. The only reason why I'm truly posting this is found below, so acting coy would probably be deceitful anyway. :)

Well, there was this really awesome, feature worthy game that was just posted recently. Though it was for EndMaster's unofficial romance contest, About Darius and the Desert God has the exact same rating right now as The Lost Expedition (1) by Will11. TLE1 was posted three years ago (when ratings were more merciful), ADDG is about to go higher (since somebody rated it a 6/8 in the time since the site updated the ratings), and ADDG is longer than TLE1. Therefore, the logical conclusion is that ADDG should become featured in the Everything Else category.

(Will is about to have another storygame featured anyway.)

6 years ago

Kinda weird why no one has replied yet.

6 years ago
Really? The thread had been here two entire hours when you posted this.

6 years ago
So, are you petitioning for it to be featured? What's the purpose of this thread?

6 years ago
This thread is more of an advertisement. I'm advertising my storygame to those who haven't read it yet, I'm suggesting that it should take a featured spot (something I've been doing in the Chat), and trying to keep the storygame in the mind of EM for judging purposes.

This is also an experiment. I haven't "advertised" my storygames before, so I'd like to see if this has any benefits or detriments.

6 years ago

Well Will hasn’t ever advertised on forums and look at him

Well maybe he has I dunno.Just guessing he hasn’t 

6 years ago
FYI, if you read through the Parlor Room, you'll see that users have created thread about their own storygames including one among our best writers.
There's also a thread about Will's newest thread after just one thread down from mine.

6 years ago

Right

6 years ago
Actually this reminds me I should probably make another general thread for contest story discussion like I did last time.

6 years ago

I'm sure we'll all be objectively looking and reading each others' entries when we get the time to do so. I've already promised Chris that, oh, and Will as well. 

6 years ago
Don't be an ass. There's nothing uncouth about throwing up a discussion thread for one of your stories in the parlor room.

6 years ago
I mean, probably not actually necessary to make a pitch for featuring when you can just contact the dark gods directly and it's up to them rather than the peanut gallery's opinion anyhow, but we always need a little more life in the Parlor room so whatever.

I'll point out the obvious in that your game is kind of a weird fit for Everything Else, but then again the same could be said for the Lost Expedition and that one's had a few years.

I brought this up in the chat already too but with the way every contest has been spitting out such quality entries now we're probably all going to have to start altering the way we think of featuring. Except for a handful of 'safe' games that would be hard to top (or were written by Alexp...) the list isn't going to stay nearly as stagnant as before, so it's no longer really possible for any author to rest on their laurels. Even stuff featured in the last year might be considered to be on borrowed time right now.

Also, completely unrelated, but this thread sure is a good example of how quickly a noob can go from amusing to annoying huh.

6 years ago

Honestly I've been featuring stories based on my own judgment for quite some time now and dispensed with any sort of democratic process via unwashed mob mainly because most people have retarded opinions and it takes too long. I still tend to take the ratings into consideration though (along with other factors), so I guess we'll see if Wibbon's story gets featured.

Really "Everything Else" is probably the best place to put it since Briar and Will's stories are there and both of those are in that "historicalesque" category but not focusing the education part.

6 years ago
"Also, completely unrelated, but this thread sure is a good example of how quickly a noob can go from amusing to annoying huh."

Wait... you're not talking about me, are you?

*laughs nervously*

6 years ago

Its possible

6 years ago
No, it is another member who's being annoying. You're quite alright. :)

6 years ago

Ouch