Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Rogues Published (Finally)

5 years ago

Well it’s finally published. No thanks to the fucking site fucking up every five seconds.

Anyway don’t know when the other part will be finished, but for now in its current state, it is done.

I also believe I fixed the link weirdness that happened in the 11th hour of going over this. Hopefully there isn’t anything else major that I missed. I’m sure someone will tell me if there is.

A few extra things.

For anyone who hasn’t paid close attention, the story itself is basically a very very loose reboot of Legend on Infinite Story. Another story where I had plans for a sprawling epic, but didn’t quite achieve what I was going for.

I always wanted to redo it, but I sort of hate going “backwards” hence why I don’t do too many sequels. Well this one not only is a reboot of Legend, but also a sequel to Innkeeper, so I just broke all the rules on this.

Why did I make it a sequel to Innkeeper? Well because I wanted to have at least ONE fantasy setting that wasn’t a crapsack world. Plus Innkeeper wasn’t tied to any of my other stories and I wanted to change that, oh wait, said too much about that part.

Plus Innkeeper had some of the world building already done and I could add on to that, making writing a whole lot faster (relatively speaking).

Getting back to Legend though, I of course used some of that world too though not as much as I thought I would. The main part was Holgard, which was the main city in that story.

If you’ve read through Legend (and remember anything of it) you’ll see where certain storylines and characters are reused, though due to the fact that I only focused on the rogue character and this version has no game elements like Legend, you’ll also see how things have been changed, sometimes greatly.

But enough of all that boring behind the scenes shit, here’s the more exciting cinematic ad:

ROGUES!

Endure the dangers of living in a fantasy world!

Be part of the problem because hey everyone else is!

Experience the life of an outlaw!

Experience all the odd twists and turns in the life of crime!

Experience multiple ways to die ranging from horrible to REALLY fucking horrible!

Experience the joys of performing despicable acts ranging from (but not limited to) mundane murder to slavery!  

Have sex with several lovely ladies, human and non-human alike with the potential to romance them and even make them your waifus!

Have the inclusive option of choosing your gender and orientation! LOL JK This isn’t a fucking CoG story, you silly faggots!

Twelve different epilogues, and one with a very special extension!

Rise from a small town thief to become everything from a smooth criminal overlord to a law-abiding jack off!

Even travel through fucking time!

And probably a whole bunch more stuff.

Enjoy. (Or don't and fuck you)

5 years ago
Welp, there goes my weekend.

I've always appreciated Innkeeper for the setting being so different from your usual and with more of a modern feel than most fantasy settings in general. Out of all of your stuff I think I'm happiest to get something tied to that one even if only loosely.

Anyway that is an insane word count and this is genuinely the first time I've actually been excited or even more than vaguely interested in a new story in a long long time.

Only have a little bit of time before I have company over and of course the freaking site went down and left the link just sitting there, taunting me. I recommend everyone save their progress early and often because these server fuckups come in clusters and dealing with that in the middle of reading a long story is the most frustrating thing short of dealing with it while WRITING a long story.

5 years ago

For a moment I thought my eyes were deceiving me. I guess this is my sign to not make any plans for the weekend that involve venturing outside. 

5 years ago
500+K? Quite impressive. Congrats and thank you!

5 years ago

Congrats! :D

5 years ago
Sweetness +5

5 years ago
Tooth rot -10 attraction

Looking forward to reading it, End.

5 years ago

Bonus Waifu Hunt Mini Game!

There are at least three “non-epilogue” endings that result in marriage. (Or in the case of two of those, something similar to it)

Be the first to stumble on any of them and win 10 points for each!

(Feel free to PM me if you bother to care for your fellow CYSers about spoiling things)

5 years ago

I say that after what is like seven hours of non-stop perhaps snail-like reading on my end, this story has been a rollercoaster to say the least. 

What a dangerously cruel world those characters live in. I'm sure the InnKeeper/Doc wouldn't have wished some of the potential outcomes for his son after his happy/best end epilogue he earned for himself.

So how much CYS tokens must be sacrificed for the gender fluid/neutral(?) options and for the subsequent rogue sister dlc expansion pack? 

5 years ago
I've never seen this before, but Rogues right now has a perfect 8/8 (despite the guest who rated it a 7/8).
That's pretty cool.

5 years ago

Yeah, I've seen it before on stuff like Madglee's Mommy story and JJJ's OMS.

Pretty sure a few of my other stories had had it very briefly before, never lasts very long though.

5 years ago
Bet, there's a difference. Those were published under the old rating system, meaning they just have to be at a 7.5+. Under this new system, you're literately at a 8.00/8 which really friggen' awesome.

5 years ago
It's a simple process of banning anyone who gives a lower rating, going into their account, and changing it!

5 years ago
I finally got to an ending, Epilogue 12. Excellent work as always End, definitely deserves more than just an 8 and far more commendations. There are a few mistakes here and there, but I'm far too lazy to go collect them unless you specifically tell me to. Alright, 11 more epilogues to go, now I know what I'll be doing at school instead of listening to the teachers.

5 years ago

A lot of people seem to be getting epilogue 12 first.

5 years ago
Well, I guess most people figured that disarming Klint would be safer and that he'd be more likely to survive. And there are only 2 epilogues on the disarm path, unless I missed something, so once you choose that option, it's unlikely you'll be getting anything else.

5 years ago

Klint is an asshole and isn't worth trying to save. Lol.

Though Thara I think went through that path first since Annah didn't get stabbed and wanted to keep her around. (I think Wibbon's reasons were similar)

Yeah that path was the "Partners in Crime" path, the last one I worked on. I wasn't really as enthusiastic about doing that one since I had to go back through some of the Klyton stuff which I was sort of done with, so it's a little shorter than the rest.

Still, I ended up writing way more than I originally intended for it. Even added another epilogue since I only had 1 for it at first.

5 years ago
I quite liked that path. It's a pity I barely got to meet Zal before she died, though. But it was nice to see Annah and the MC eventually get married, even with all their fighting earlier and her stealing his money.

5 years ago

I ended up on a different path last night. Let's just say that I was unaware that Ghouls could be so endearing. :)

5 years ago

Lol.

Yeah Lisa was fun to write.

5 years ago
After I read Ghoul Lisa, I discovered Badass Thief Lisa and I felt like a parasitic dick.

5 years ago

To be fair, ghoul waifu Lisa is probably one of her better fates due to the protagonist.

5 years ago
How many epilogues can you find if you go down the Klyton>Release Tom path?

5 years ago

5 for Klyton

5 for Holgard

2 with Annah

5 years ago

Okay, I like Isabella now as well. I'll have to rank her higher than Lisa now. Just how many potential love interests are in this story? The vampire shenanigans were pretty fun routes. 

5 years ago

8 Epilogue ones, though 1 of those is a little different than the rest.

3 Non-epilogue ones.

5 years ago

Yeah I also got ending 12 as the first one. I really liked that after all the shit they went through they still ended up together. I noticed at the end the phrase ''I sometimes not having you around to assist like the old days'' I think you forgot the word miss.

5 years ago

Thanks. I'll make a note of the error on my list so I can fix it later. 

5 years ago

Digit has found the first non-epilogue waifu via time travel and scored 10 points!

Still 2 more to find!

5 years ago

Mayana has found the second non-epilogue waifu via her travels of being a pirate and scored 10 points!

Still 1 more to find!

5 years ago

3iguy has found the third and final non-epilogue waifu via losing his soul and scored 10 points!

That's all folks!

5 years ago
Wait a minute... Thara wrote this? At least that's what she's claiming...

5 years ago

Are you dreaming up interactions that have never happened?  

5 years ago
No, you posted it: "This is honestly yet another fantastic storygame by yours truly."

5 years ago

Not like it can be taken back now, cuck. 

I'm not even sure what phrasing I should have used. It seems like it wasn't  anything I could find in my advanced ESL handbook. 

5 years ago
No worries, I'll just go on believing you wrote it and Endmaster simply claimed credit for it.

5 years ago

I wish. Would have saved me a whole lot of time.

5 years ago

I'll give it a read.

5 years ago

Interesting that everyone seems to be getting the 12th (or 11th) epilogues first. I would have thought most would have pulled their own dagger out on Klint rather than trying to disarm him when he starts fucking with you.

5 years ago

I believe 11 and 12 were actually the last branches I finished, epilogue 6 through 8 being the first ones I unlocked.

Epilogue 6 was actually very underwhelming the more I think about it. The main character can achieve just as much in certain endings even without vampire powers.

5 years ago

I actually thought Epilogues 2 and 3 were the most underwhelming. Epilogue 6 at least implies the Rogue is might achieve more in the future and isn’t really answering to anyone.

5 years ago

Glad to say I wasn't disappointed by a new Endmaster story. I got epilogue 3, but it's time to go back and look for more. I'm curious if/how the Innkeeper universe will connect to all your other stories, which I'm pretty sure are already linked.