How come dungeon stompage is rated higher than necromancer, but necromancer is on the top rated storygames, and not dungeon stompage?
Both show up in the 'top storygame' list for me. As to why Necromancer is listed higher: its adjusted rating is higher than Dungeon Stompage's. This rating system takes the amount of votes and such into account, though I'm not completely sure how it calculates ratings. You can view the adjusted rating when you hover your cursor over a storygame's rating.
Since this thread is just a waste of space right now, I figured I could use it to ask a question.
1. What are your favorite long Story>Game stories?
2. What are your favorite short Story>Game stories?
3. What are your favorite Game>Story stories
4. What are your favorite balanced stories
5. What are your favorite puzzle stories.
6. What are your favorite authors (excluding yourself.)
I would love to know if there are any stories that I did not cover here. Also if you take your time to answer even some of these questions, thank you for your time.
Sorry your thread is collecting dust, most of our top members are hard at work on contest entries right now! Moseying on around here is a great way to fail at making progress. It'll liven up here a little after that.
Favorite long story game is Eternal...
Short, that I distinctly think of as short, probably Snow...
Homo Perfectus did a great job of being a game at many points.
lately, cat stacking stands out.
I can summarize the dominating majority on this, EndMaster. SindriV is also a valid choice.
1. I always liked Necromancer and the later Magellans as longer Story>Games, although those are only off the top of my head.
2. Vampire Hunter, Geek, 4 Little Mice.
3. The first Magellan, Dungeon Stompage, and I've admittedly sunk a great deal of time into Cows Vs Aliens.
4. Shit... no idea, don't know what would qualify as balanced storygames.
5. Never liked puzzle games much. I guess Tower of Riddles.
6. Hmmm... excluding myself, everyone else seems to be a gaping disappointment. Will11 is a classic favorite, but he leans a bit too edutainment for my taste, and is a terrible writer and a piece of shit for blinding my love interest and then fucking off to write about cowboys, so he can fuck off.
Endmaster's Endmaster, but the fucker barely ever publishes anything. I mean, Rogues just got out, but besides that, eh, and that's not enough content to be respected, so he can also fuck right off.
Eh... nope, excluding myself, I got nothing. Sorry, sham.