Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Can anyone help me find this storygame?

5 years ago

There was this storygame I played a few years back, but for the life of me I can't remember the title of it. Any help finding it would be appreciated.

Bits and pieces I remember about the game:

-I think it's genre was either horror or mystery/puzzle, but I can't be too sure about that.

-The plot revolved around the protagonist and his/her best friend, one of which was female and the other was male.

-When the protagonist's female friend contracts a mystery illness(implied heavily to be Ebola), the protagonist heads to the local haunted house(??) to find a cure(?????)

-The male friend headed there first(??) but couldn't be found(?), so the protagonist is on his/her own.

-Customizable protagonist; there was a mirror in the haunted house's bathroom, when interacted with, allowed the player to choose the protagonist's gender and personality traits. This also changed what kind of weapons you get late-game.

-there were illustrations to go with some of the pages.

-The big bad was a witch(???), and you had to foil a blood magic ritual(?????) to win the game(?????????)

-The puzzles were very challenging, and there were so many endings. I had to use a walkthrough guide to get to the best ending.

-The protagonist's male and female friends were romanceable.

It used to be my favorite game on this site, but now I can't seem to find it anywhere. Did the author decide to take it down? I hope I'm just being a dumbass and missing it in plain sight.......

5 years ago

Did you ever rate it?  If so just scroll through your experience points and see if anything looks familiar.

5 years ago
A Game of Life and Death. It's down and the author is banned. He did... less than legal things and self-imploded.

5 years ago

Whoah.....surprise I see. Guess a lot of things happened during the time I didn't visit here.

I guess it wouldn't be proper of me to ask the details....?

5 years ago

We've explained the details to people a lot over the years, so here's the most recent thread about it all. Everything about it and more is in there.

http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/the-lounge/message/24496

5 years ago

Hooollllly shiiiit, now I feel dirty for ever having liked his stories... :(

5 years ago
There are plenty other authors that wrote good things but were fucked up people. There was no child fucking in GOLAD, so you're fine, don't worry.

5 years ago
I think you're looking for A Game Of Life And Death. Gone now, unfortunately. But there are plenty of other stories on this site for you to enjoy, I'm sure you'll find something else you'll like. :)

5 years ago

Thank you everyone for answering my question!