Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Stories with LGBT characters?

4 years ago

Hi! I'm new here - I love interactive fiction, the more choices the better, so the moment I stumbled across this website I was raring to go - and I was wondering... are there any storygames where you can play LGBT characters? Like, where you play a guy and one of the romance options is a guy, for example? I tried searching through the forums, but couldn't find anything. Thank you so much!

4 years ago
I believe you can be both a gay and a lesbian in AVSCYS and in Tales From the Basement. You can also be a lesbian in Suzy's Strange Saga.
Additionally, for the gay men, there is Mizal's masterpiece Inseperable.

4 years ago

Thank you for the links, I'll check them out!

4 years ago

Thank you, I'll check them out!

4 years ago
There really aren't very many games with multiple romance options in general honestly, unless it's something like Rogues where different waifus come with different paths.

The people in the past who have been most vocal about wanting LGBT stuff have never been willing to follow through with writing any of their own. Members are always welcome to contribute to filling any gaps they think the site is lacking on their own....although if you specifically mean actual dating sims or whatever I'm not sure how much of an audience there'd be for that.

4 years ago

My story, Before Midnight, allows you to romance a male character. The game does not assume the reader's gender. I wrote it that way so that Nick could either be a friend in the end OR a potential romance option. Feel free to check it out! 

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/before-midnight

I am also in the process of writing two LGBT... stories. I think having more representation/diversity on the site is great!