Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Undead Persona Progress Motivation Thread

9 years ago

Right, since a lot of people are doing this (and it seems to work for some of them haha), I've decided that I'll make one too.

So, 10/??? pages through. This is probably the farthest I've gone with a project since I usually lose interest and give up on it, but my progress has been steady enough these past two weeks that I think once I'm in the working groove of school I'll be able to commit more (which is odd, but that's how my mind works. I think).
Even if people don't respond with support or thrown babies, I still think that posting my progress somewhere will motivate me somehow, so there's no real downside to this. Huzzah.
I'll try to get in about 4 pages a day (excluding weekends, because Sabbath) or at least finish up some sort of 'part'. Anyhow I've already finished up 2 pages today, so here we go!

9 years ago

Finally. XD 

9 years ago

Go Tan! :D

9 years ago

*throws baby*

9 years ago

Thnx.

9 years ago

Baby tossing? Where's a svelk when you need one?

9 years ago

Hurray, got 4 pages done. Still up to 10/???, since, well, uh, miscounted the pages I didn't do yet. But I did 4 pages today and finished up the prologue chapter, which will branch off to two major ones. So huzzah for that!

Thanks for the support! (and for the baby, even if that's supposed to only be if I fail, Seth.)

9 years ago

Hey, you said support or thrown babies.  Should have been more specific.

9 years ago

Probably haha.

9 years ago

Umm... yay! BLARGHELBLARGHEL

9 years ago

Well, the plan of today was to get 2 pages done and add in a couple of things I forgot into the last couple of pages, but I didn't think a certain friend would take such liberal use when it comes to the time he's been using my computer (since the charger for his doesn't work). 

So, uh, yeah. Hopefully I'll get it back soon and get it done before 12:00.

9 years ago

I don't like you 

9 years ago

Tell me that before I give you my laptop :P

9 years ago

Well, I added in the 'several things' but I didn't start any new pages. I have 20 minutes but I'm tired, so I prolly won't get it done :-/

9 years ago

>_>

<_<

#throwthebabiesguyz

9 years ago

He has twenty eight seven minutes! He might make it! ^_^

9 years ago

Nope. Got half a page done though! XD

9 years ago

1!

9 years ago

Umm, what is Undead Persona about?

9 years ago

ZOMBIES AWSUM LOL

Naw. Sci-Fi-based Vampires is basically the best way to put it.

9 years ago

:(

y u no write persona fanfic?

9 years ago

The 1966 film?

9 years ago

Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 and or 4! 

9 years ago

So... Actual vampires in a Sci-Fi setting or Sci-Fi type vampires?

9 years ago

Sci-Fi type Vampires in a Modern World. Maybe a bit into the future. They aren't vampires as much as they are experimental humanoids that can only digest blood and have albino-like skin (and as such the sunlight burns them) due to having a very limited blood supply in their bodies, more or less being dead, BUT a vampire would also get the cool benefits of living for an extremely long time, super reflexes, and other senses.

The MC is an amnesiac experiment (Vampire, though they prolly aren't the only expirements made) who escapes the Professor's (the Aryan guy who created the different experiments) facility and either rediscovers his past life or attempts to get vengeance.

9 years ago

aryan guy?

9 years ago

Germans make great evil people because ww2. Plot-wise he just happens to have blonde hair haha.

9 years ago

I've decided to open sneak peak, since I'm rather (rightfully, most likely) paranoid about it's quality so far. So, um, any constructive criticism is being sought out for if possible. Thanks!

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/undead-persona

9 years ago

Alright, now that the weekend is over, I'll try to get in 6 pages today, to make up for the two I didn't get to doing.

9 years ago

Can't believe it's been 12 days already...

I'll get back to this tomorrow haha. I'll try to get all of the 'Training' pages done tomorrow.

9 years ago

Looking forward to seeing what you can do. I'd throw you a baby, but I've fresh out after that last summoning ritual.

9 years ago
Did rather well today, was able to settle how I planned to route some things and finished 75% of the training pages.
Didn't do as much as I hoped, but I'll take it.

9 years ago

Aim for the day is to finish up training and then plot out the plans, and then decide which part I'm gonna write first.

9 years ago

Good luck. Keep us updated.

9 years ago

Loads of holidays coming up, gonna totally interfere with this.

Then, there's Madglee's contest. Hmm.

Edit: Hmm, maybe I can make it post-apoc, though not stated directly...

9 years ago

Been over a month that I've started, but I've recently gotten inspiration and have crossed the 30 page mark, so that's something. Happy where the story is going and I hope to have it done for Madglee's contest. Firmly decided how to change it to post-apoc, works better this way anyhow.

9 years ago

Yay!

9 years ago

Huh. Found something pretty similar to your story Tan. (well, not the post apocalyptic part, but the sci fi vampireish part). 

http://www.mangahere.co/manga/toukyou_kushu/

It's pretty good so far. 

9 years ago

Son of a bitch.

9 years ago

Nah, it's only loosely related. Might be good inspiration for your redemption path though. 

9 years ago

I'll take a look at it sometime today then. Thanks guys.

9 years ago

Spoiler: It ends in the most horribly depressing way possible. Still pretty good story though, ultimately goes a different direction from what your story looks to be shaping up into, Tan.

9 years ago

Oh, that's on my list to read.  It's complete?

(Sorry tan, I can't preview your story if I'm judging the contest.)

9 years ago

Yeah. Surprisingly good manga, what with the main character being a loser twerp in the first chapter. Everything goes uphill from there, ha ha.

9 years ago

I'm blaming @Drakilian for making me reward my protagonist for being an evil jerkwad. Maybe I should call him Adam...

9 years ago

Every game should reward us for being evil jerk wads. It just makes being evil that much more delicious. XD

Now excuse me while I go sneak play to find which path that happens in

9 years ago

Purty much XD
Ghoully ghoul ghoul school. It's not completely finished yet, but not ghouling David may or may not have it's consequences.

9 years ago

You can only get the best in life by being evil sometimes Tan, c'mon.

Besides, evil is fun. That's really its own reward, in the end.

9 years ago

It's the best.

9 years ago

Decent progress today, about 4 pages. I'd do more, but another 3 day holiday is approaching.
That's 34/??? Pages done.
76 days until it's due.

9 years ago

Another decent progress night. 40/??? pages done, was able to do a lot of unfinished pages today. 72 Days.
We'll see if I can get a lot done tomorrow. Think I'm going flying with a friend or something.

9 years ago
Nice! You jumped write back into writing and hit the ground running.

Can we see the unfinished pages? If so, then it's sneak previewing time :D

9 years ago

Erm, meant to say that I finished a whole lot of unfinished pages, haha. Everything is viewable, just added more ways to get to the doubleagentish path and also finally finished the first page of Path of Humanity.
Still trying to hold off writing that path though, saving the one with more drama for last.

9 years ago

Dat grammar & wordiness on page 1 tho...

9 years ago

Not really an excuse, but I'm trying to plow through things and then grammar edit. Though you could totally help out and PM me them haha.
First page isn't particularly verbose because it's supposed to be a vague first memory.

9 years ago

C'mon man, wake up!

Wuh? What's going on? Who are you?

We can formally reintroduce ourselves later damnit, the lab is falling apart!

The lab? What lab? Why the hell am I in a lab?

I'll explain everything once we're safe. But we need to go. Now.

~~~

It is then, when your eyes adjust enough that you can actually view the chaos that surrounds you. The red, flashing lights give you just enough (light) to make out cracked capsules, (some) smelly liquid pouring out and flooding the ground. Looking even slightly up, you can see your own smashed container, as well as the ceiling's cracks. An odd assortment of humanoids seems to be sprawled out on the floora couple are sluggishly creeping.

But besides all this, you don't really feel much, considering. (Besides an ever-numbing wet sensation from the puddle of fluids you're in, you can't feel much else.)A faint feeling of the liquid which surrounds you, but not much else. You can't even seem to recognize your own heart beat. Then again, that's quite possibly due to the tension and commotion. Perhaps you were numbed while in that storage container.

The man besides you seems to be still shaking you, though it takes you several seconds to notice. Grabbing you by the hand, he begins to force you up and drag you along until your legs begin to feel enough to move. Although still sluggish, your motor controls seem to be working better than whatever you could remember. Finally, you feel like you can resume mumbling out questions, even while hurtling around breaking pillars and stumbling on broken glass.

~~~

Where... where are we going?

Out. The National Guard may come in any moment, so we need to evacuate.

The National Guard! I... Can you at least tell me your name?

Stop talking. Just run.

How do you expect me to trust you if I don't even know who you are?

I'm not sure you know who you are either, right now it's best you trust me and shut the hell up.

And you do. (After) Thinking about it, you really don't remember who you are. Who were you? It's... blank.

The man's hand is outstretched, motioning you to hold on and follow.

Bold = crap i fixeed para ti.

9 years ago

Thanks Swift!
Edit: I disagree with a couple of your fixes, but overall it's great.

9 years ago

Ugh, barely any progress the past two days.

9 years ago

It's okay, Tan. I've gotten zilch done too. For the record, Mondays suck.

9 years ago

Very much :(

9 years ago

Got some progress done, not too much pages but I'm getting the whole history thing down and written in. I feel like Kelso's and the Church's view on things is a nice parallel.

I must say though, writing combat is a LOT of fun.

9 years ago

Nice! Excuse me while I go look for the new content...

(Hooray for fun distractions from actually getting any of my own work done. xD)

9 years ago

Hey tan, send me a sneak peak to your story, want to check that ish out.

9 years ago

You don't want to, it's horrible.
Link's somewhere up this thread.

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/undead-persona

9 years ago

If it's that bad, then I can make fun of you! Win-win all around ;)

9 years ago

That's one way to look at it haha.

9 years ago

Looks good, i'm super tired right now but there are a few typos and awkwardly worded sentences I can help you out with later if you'd like. 

(Also, proffessor? Shame on you Tan.)

9 years ago

Yeah! I've been typo-ing waaaaaaaay too much. It's riddled with grammar errors since I'm trying to just get it done, and grammar check later.
That'd totally be appreciated. Thanks man.

9 years ago

Psh, now you're just fishing for praise. Which I will happily dole out, because it's well deserved. XD

I'm kind of floored that you can write so many pages so quickly and still keep a high standard of quality. You're setting up what's already shaping up to be an epic conflict, so I'm really looking forward to playing the finished version.

You should proofread before you submit though - I did notice a few typos scattered here and there.

9 years ago

I think he mentioned that that's his point - he wants to get the story out before he begins obsessively re-reading it for mistakes.

He's right too, for that matter.

9 years ago

Yep.

I read my stories and just find it terribly badly worded, which is mostly why it's hard for me to finish any long term project. So that's my theory for this venture.
Thanks Quiller, but I dunno, hopefully you're right haha.

9 years ago

That's a smart way to go about it. That way, your creativity and your inner grammar Nazi won't get into each others' way.

You might also want to take out (or lock) the 'End Game and Leave Comments' links until the story's actually done. You never know when a troll might pass through. >_>

9 years ago

Trolls wouldn't know in the first place.

9 years ago

About 5 pages today. Better progress than the entire week, so I'll take it. 3 of the pages were very similar, but I actually like them for a change so that probably means something haha.

I'm kinda conflicted between cutting the Vengeance path a little short as to make sure I have time to do the Humanity path, but I don't want to ruin either. Plus, it's linear enough as it is. Only 2 sub-paths in it, and the endings will mostly change based on the last couple of choices at the very end.
I have 69 (laugh it up) days left, but I don't exactly have a good idea if that's enough to get what I want done. Guess we'll find out haha.
By math, 34 days each, writing 5 pages a day gives me 340/170 pages each path +45 (what I have currently), which sounds like it should be more than enough for the paths... assuming I keep a tight schedule.

9 years ago

Don't cut down on the vengeance. Never cut down on the vengeance.

9 years ago

Doesn't it suck when you fall asleep right when you come back from school, but then you feel awesome in the morning until you realize you got zilch done?

9 years ago
You got some sleeping done, which is totally worth it XD

A full night of sleep is a pretty rare treat, so savor it instead of feeling guilty and use your awesome feeling to get double to work done today :D

9 years ago

Sabbath doesn't exactly allow for that XD

9 years ago
Oh, right, forgot about that, haha.

Well, it doesn't start until evening, right? So you still have a whole afternoon?

9 years ago

Less than 4 hours. Really early this time of year.

But I'll try to get some stuff in now!

9 years ago

9 years ago
haha

9 years ago

Naw, sadly don't think I have the time. Need to go to a Mikveh and go to a friend's house, Shabbaton this week.

9 years ago

Haph phun.

9 years ago

Only got a page through, but I'm hoping to break 50 pages overall by the end of the night.

9 years ago

Well, got to 50 this night.

On the plus side, I started loads of pages, so at the very least I'm not going to run in blind again tomorrow haha.

9 years ago

Good job, keep up the good amazing work.

9 years ago

Hah. Thanks Beta. :)

9 years ago
Good luck to you too!

74TeV

9 years ago

Have you written anything for today?

9 years ago

I should start. School just ended XD

9 years ago

Whereabouts do you live? 

9 years ago

EST. School ends at 5 regularly, though it ends at 6:30 on Thursday.

9 years ago

Ah. I see. 

9 years ago

By God do 'training'pages take a while to write. Maybe 54 pages, I want to get a lot done tomorrow.

9 years ago

throws babies 

9 years ago

I really need to get more than a page done a day :(

9 years ago

Everything is possible..until you start :(

You can do it!

9 years ago

Another 1-page day :-/

Alright, I'm setting a strict goal for tomorrow: finish the Assault on Church City. If I manage to finish the success path their tomorrow then I'll be glad. I want to finish the Vengeance path completely by the 21st of November, so I need to get major parts done, and then worry about death scenes and branches later.
Also, I blame 3J XD

9 years ago

Keep it up!

You can do it!

9 years ago

Sorry for failing for you guys :(

But I got two pages done today, and I plan to do more. I need to study for a big math test before continuing though.

9 years ago
*throws rabies*

9 years ago

That's the worst >_<

9 years ago

Alright, I'm up to combat. I hope that Saturday night I'll be able to get something like 10 pages in, but today Sabbath enters crazy early.

9 years ago

I finally read through all of what you have written so far. Very nicely done. I did notice a few spelling errors, such as 'hiw' instead of 'his'. I can't remember which page that was on though.

9 years ago

Up to page 63. Lots of combat scenes, so hopefully this'll be able to pick up momentum.

9 years ago

Ugh. Stupid math. Been plugging away and studying on that to no avail. Hopefully I get it so I can at least get some sleep tonight.

9 years ago

Alrighty, awesome progress today; not so awesome progress from the whole last week.
I'm at 70/205ish pages, and with only 47 days left, saying I'm running out of time to get my act together is an understatement. I have 2-3 'loose-end' paths in Vengeance that I need to close,  maybe three background pages detailing your governing of the City, then some sort of uprising, then the hopefully epic conclusion...

To that major branch. Then I need to start the other path (Humanity). The good news is that I have a very clear head when it comes to finishing Vengeance, and I'm also VERY excited to work on the Humanity path. The bad news is that I only have one pages in that path done, and to say the least I'm worried, since I want that entire path to at least be 100 pages long as well.
We'll see how things progress.

9 years ago

You'll probably be able to finish.

9 years ago

Hah, thanks Beta. I sure hope so XD

9 years ago

Only two pages done today, but that's decent considering I fell asleep right after I got out from school, again. Hopefully this means I'm growing rather than just a reaffirming of my laziness.
I hope to finish all the loose-ends of Vengeance tonight, then tomorrow finish the City scene. Hopefully, by 39-days-left I'll be able to start Humanity.
Being very optimistic here!

9 years ago

You're starting humanity in less than 39 days, huh? Pretty quick to begin an entire race of sentient beings! But I do believe there's a book you've read where somebody did it in... what, 6 days? xD Guess you won't be setting any records there.

(Alright, alright, religion based humor aside, good for you. Keep it up.)

9 years ago

Thanks for the support, man.
Well, if by 'steady' you mean 2 pages per day, then its solid. But I need to do at least 3 a day in order to get at least. 200 pages total by the end of this.
On the bright side, Hanukka break is coming up mid-late December, so hopefully that'll allow me to cram pages in if my progress doesn't pickup by this week.

9 years ago

My own progress is insanely sporadic, but whether it's slow and steady or sudden bursts of work followed by stagnation, we're still getting stuff done, right? You honestly have a better chance than me, though. You have an actual set page goal and you also have a set break coming up. Me ... I have literally no clue when I'll be free, I just do whatever I can when I can.

Either way, I look forward to playing your game.

9 years ago

You also have double my amount of pages, haha. The only thing stopping you from finishing in time is that crazy ambition of yours. I mean, if you're only in the first chapter out of five, and at 140 pages, the final work will probably reach the 900-1000 range. It's crazy awesome, but not for a contest with a strict time limit XD

9 years ago

Your math is a bit off, but ... dammit, you're right. This is, not joking, the first time I realized how big this thing is getting. I thought it'd end up in the 400-500 range, but no. It's my first game all over again. I planned a short, quirky little horror story, and I made a near thousand page beast. I plan a side story, I'm almost up to 200 pages before the first chapter is done. I can't write a short story to save my life, can I? *headdesk*  

9 years ago

Oof, behind schedule, as per usual. Only need to have one epilogue done and that will finish the loose-ends, then I still need to finish the City, then the main path of Vengeance.

79/210ish pages

9 years ago

Goshdarnit, been working so slow. Just finished writing one of the epilogues, will hopefully finish the City tomorrow.
I'd be extremely lucky if I manage to finish Vengeance by the end of the month.

9 years ago

Good luck, my story's a lost cause, but hopefully yours will prevail.

9 years ago

At 90 pages, done with conquering city. Got loads done yesterday, though little today. Tomorrow night will hopefully be very good for work.

9 years ago

Oof, writing pages detailing the time-skip are so necessary but so hard  to write well. Keep accidentally writing it in the first person and not the second.

9 years ago

About 100 pages in.

Does not look good. Worse yet, turns out Hanukka 'vacation' is only one day's worth :P. The ten-day winter vacation is in January.

9 years ago

Talk about off timing.

9 years ago

Not really, just been to a lot of different schools haha.

9 years ago

4 pages today, putting me at 104 pages. Good progress, will hopefully finish Vengeance Saturday night.
I'm way behind schedule, but I'm delighted that the probability of me actually finishing a story is pretty high at nearly 50% through it. Even if I don't make it for the contest, I'll at least finish a story. So yay. Mattering how close I am to finishing it by the deadline I'll see if I can use a favor or something.

9 years ago

Only 106 pages, but I'll be writing for a while longer tonight. More or less up to the climax of the story now, so I hope to use what's rest of the night to set up my work on Sunday, which will hopefully be spent writing various epilogues and fight scenes based on what choices you pick by the end of Vengeance.
PoH just looks so far away, and it irks me a bit that I'm only a bit more than half-way through even after I finish this path, but still, I'm just happy to be this far in a project like this.

1st edit of the night: Decided to change the first page to the second page, better start for a game, I think. Set myself 'back a page' but not really. Stuffed the first page elsewhere to be found. Like it much better this way.
Edit 2: At 108 pages. Not getting as much as I'd like done for an all-nighter, but getting the climax done right is important!
Edit 3: I haven't written too many full pages, but I've managed to set up several epilogues and other pages, which means that it'll be easier to write them up tomorrow. Officially, I am 108/210 ish pages, but I'd say I'm closer to 110. So very close to finishing Vengeance, and it's looking better than I imagined it to be in the beginning. Naturally, it's not actually not all that great, but I'm proud of it nonetheless. Assuming things work out the way I want them to, I'll have 25 days to write 100 or so pages (4 pages a day), and while I don't think I'll get it into the contest, it's definitely possible.

9 years ago

Darn, less than a page done today. Had a party to attend, which was fun.

Edit 12/11/2014, 114 pages are done, but I still have to write up like, five epilogues and another fight scene before I'm done. Argh

9 years ago

Gah, two epilogues left from finally finishing this path.

9 years ago

At 124 pages (113 excluding the prologue), Path of Vengeance is OVER.
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
And, officially, I have 18 days to write 90 more pages. I'd have to write 5 pages per day to finish it in time, so I'm not sure I'll get it in time unless the due date is pushed off by like, two weeks. But, I'm done with vengeance, at least that.

9 years ago

WOOT! Congrats tan! 

9 years ago

Breathe...and...PUUUSH!

9 years ago

Only 2 pages done today, making 3/90ish pages for PoH excluding the 9 page prologue.

9 years ago

Simply can't get myself to write, more so than usual these past couple of days. It's weird.

9 years ago

Bad Taan.

This is the last time.

Now you baby is going to get castor oil.

9 years ago

:(

Have to say a speech tomorrow in Hebrew for 'Father-And-Son-Learning-Day' at school. The good news is that my we have the speech done, the bad part is that I'm terrible at speaking in front of crowds and we only finished it a couple of minutes ago. Worse yet I was ordered to work on it right after I actually sat down and began writing again.

9 years ago

So.
Basically, there's no way I can finish my entire storygame by the dead line. Recently had the revelation that I can still publish it, and pull an 'Eternal' by adding the second main path later. Path of Vengeance is pretty much done after all, only it needs grannar editing. So I'm good, contest-wise, I guess.
Still want to get as much as I can done for PoH, so we'll see how much I get done tonight and tomorrow.

9 years ago

Wazzup.

Midterms are starting this week so things'll be hectic. Haven't gotten much done (2 pages so far today) and I'm terribly sick, but on the bright side, I'm getting a new laptop (current one is nearly 6 years old and clunky), so I'll be able to pack in a lot of writing during winter break.
PoH is looking to be pretty good, got ideas on how to maintain it having a darker tone yet not ending up as nihilistic as the other branch. Hoping it's ends up much better than Vengeance, since that means I've grown as a writer these past couple of months haha.
Edit: On another note, I need to keep my mind at bay. It's been wanting to work on a new project for almost 2 weeks now, which makes it increasingly harder to write...

9 years ago

First day of vacation and have an awesome new laptop, but I can't seem to get back into writing this. Trying to coffee it out and get something done, so I'll edit later if I get something done.

9 years ago

Go Tan >_>

9 years ago
I hate that feeling: "Oh yeah, I've got some time here! I'm gonna go write this... oh look, something shiny!"

9 years ago

You better start working on this again or else!*

*Or else I wont have the motivation to keep working on mine either and it need sssoooo much work before March

9 years ago

Noooooooo. This just isn't working out :-/.

Really need to find inspiration and quick. Have a 16-hour drive down to Florida on Sat-night, hopefully the car-ride will force me to work on it. Netflix and Assassin's Creed continuously stop me from writing. (What Ogre said rings true). 

I wonder how Kiel is doing...

9 years ago

I think what did me in was struggling SO hard to reach the first deadline... then having a baby boy. so now I have so little motivation and a truly endless supply of wonderful distractions at home...

I think I have a plan though to at least fully tidy up what I have now, then to finish at least 1 more arc for it before March.

9 years ago

Alright, so I've been neglectful for some pretty solid reasons for the past month, actually. I got sick, I got better; then whammo-- Midterms. Then DisneyWorld for my week of vacation.
But I got a lucky break and have an entire night of blizzard that'll hopefully cancel out a school day, so I'm hoping to write a lot tonight/morning.
POH is currently at 11 pages. I deleted a page or so, made certain I know the direction of at least one of the branches. I've got 5+ pages done in the past day done, so I think I'm back in the groove. I dunno, we'll see.

9 years ago

3 info-based pages today. Tomorrow I'm hoping to write the groceries and the Zaloon scenes (don't ask). After that I think I'll have to decide whether to focus on one part of the branch or the other. Tough choice, honestly...

9 years ago
Finally! Some actual progress!

Now stop making more excuses and focus on branch part one.

Meanwhile, I'll continue posting in forums instead of writing. No, wait, that's not right...

9 years ago

Nope nope nope

9 years ago

Yep yep yep ^_^

9 years ago

So, barely getting anything done. But, on the plus side, I've figured out how I want to do the Zealot minor-branch, so once I'm done with that I can continue with the major part of POH. If I work really hard/have the time then I bet I can finish it this weekend, but we'll see.
20 pages in POH, making 145 pages in UP overall.

9 years ago

*clap*

9 years ago

Go go Tan-the-man!

I have made like 0 progress, I will get to my story soon, honest.

9 years ago

You can do it, Forge! Imagine how mad Glee will be if barely anybody finishes again >_< XD

9 years ago

This whole week has been tiresome for me. Not an excuse, really, but man... I know what I want to write, and the direction the story will be going, but I can't just sit and write. I think it stems from the fact that UP is semi-publishable as is and my 'creative' processes call for a project already. Hard to get that out.

Anyway, just spent the entire day skiing/straining my body to get back up so I don't think i'll be able to write anything today. Then again-- you never know. Either way, we have a long weekend coming up due to Prez G. W.'s b-day so we'll see if I can get my act together.

9 years ago

I HAVE to finish this path tonight. I swear... Goddammit this is a freaking dead-end path anyway why is it taking so long >_<

9 years ago

Go Tan! You can do it! :D

9 years ago

Thanks Morgan :)

9 years ago
Hey, stop reading forums and finish that path!

9 years ago

OK. I've written 3-4 pages today and settled on something else game-related, BUT I have 8 (already linked out) pages to write. So here I GO!

9 years ago

Push! 

9 years ago

4-5 pages to gogogo
Now 3 2
Bah, I give up for the night. It's 3:40am XD. Got amazing progress today nonetheless. About 9 solid pages.

9 years ago
Nicely done. I just added 3 yesterday.

9 years ago

Nice! I slacked off las week again, I shall do more and ensure that your story has a little competition at least lol

9 years ago

You better, Forge! :D
@Ogre11 , you're writing a story for the contest? (Awesome, if so!)

Just finished that dead end path. Really happy with it, too.

9 years ago
I hadn't thought about the contest at all. I think when I read about the contest, I thought the deadlines were about to pass, so I haven't really looked again.

9 years ago

aww, write fast and enter it!

I just realized that I did in fact finish the evil path and extended the bridge path... no idea when but there it is. now to see if I have time to extend the bridge path fully before the deadline...

9 years ago

Yeah, the rules were changed and now you can enter as long as you give in a PM about it before March 1st.

That's prolly what I'm gonna end up doing. Path of Humanity is currently 30 pages long (including the prologue) and will need like, 60-80 more pages before I'm done, so I don't think I'll be able to finish it in two weeks. But at least I have one of the main paths done and I can definitely submit that.

9 years ago

Dunno if I'l get more done today, have several tests tomorrow and I stayed up way late yesterday. On the plus side I went over Vengeance Path, getting some pesky typos and unfinished sentences haha.

Here's hoping it snows out tonight!

9 years ago

"Claim me"

9 years ago

>_<

I'm certain there was a logical reason for me writing that XD

9 years ago

Mostly doing grammar-editing because I can't hope to finish Humanity in time. Kinda annoyed I didn't finish Humantiy for the contest, since Vengeance ended pretty nihilistic-ally and I can't say I like that about it without the more hopeful counterpart, but watcha-gonna-do haha. Trying to get the other half of it in for the Spring Thing/festival.

On another note, Path of Vengeance is apparently just about 65,624 words total, slightly longer than the average novel! ^_^

9 years ago

Nice!

9 years ago

Grats!

My issue is the opposite, my evil endings are the incomplete ones, and I rail roaded myself yet again with extra side branches :) going to write as much as I can then publish. No way I will get this thing edited...

9 years ago

Published!

9 years ago

Woo! Congrats.

9 years ago

There's a lot left to be desired.

9 years ago

Woooo

9 years ago
Hooray!

9 years ago

Hey all! In a day or so I plan on unpublishing Undead Persona to finish the Zealot Path. That may take a bit longer than expected since I want to work on a shorter story, but it's still something I look forward to. Additionally, I'm looking to fix most (if not all) of the grammar errors and other mistakes in the original Undead Persona.

Anybody interested in being a proof-reader? Only rewards I can give is a cameo and a shoutout on the summary or something haha, but it'd be greatly appreciated.

9 years ago

Dibs.

9 years ago

Thanks! It's on sneak-preview so please PM me any grammar errors and other inconsistencies you find (and labeled by page, if possible) :D.

Apologies to the 17 saved games, but I hope that once I'm done this'll be reread anyhow.

9 years ago

Just popping into say:

Undead Persona blew me away, with the emotional depth I would expect from an EndMasterpiece. Well done.

9 years ago

I wouldn't quite say I'm up to that level yet, but I appreciate you saying so :)