Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

story game set in star wars universe please help..

8 years ago

Hi guys, i'm new member and i wont to create a story game set in star wars universe in which main character is a smuggler captain and hi have a ship and ship mate and together goo on adventures in galaxy... What we thinking about this tematic all suggest is welcomen... Sory but english is not my national language, and is verry bad...

8 years ago

Hey! First of all, welcome to the site. Second of all, I think the general theme at this point sounds nice. However, I would advise you to ask someone to spellcheck your story when you've written a bit. I understand that English isn't your first language, and what you're writing is understandable as well, but your spelling and grammar makes reading a little bit difficult. Anyhow, good luck with your story!

8 years ago

If you message me when your story is finished, but before you post it, I would not mind checking it for spelling / grammar mistakes.

8 years ago

People i need a help again... i started to making my story games and i have litle problem:

I make a 2 pages, first is

Meeting in a spaceport bar
One day you're sitting in a bar in Mos Eisley and observe other beings in the bar.
And while you're enjoying the third round ofCorelians whiskey, feel a hand on your shoulder and whisper Ben Mezrick, are you?

here is a link to another page : who is it?

who is it?
You put your hand on blaster and turn to see a noghri like a cat. He repeated the question: Are you a captain Ben Mezrick?
No, but he is my good friend you ask.
Noghri: Captain Mezrick good bluff, but we know you're lying.
Captain, we have a specific job for you Are you interested?
Ohh he knows who you are ... unfortunately he found out your real identity ...
Listen creature, I do not need a job, you understand? You asked quietly.Captain, you have a chance to earn a huge amount of money. Pulled from his pocket a credit card in the amount of 50,000 credits, adding it is only half, the other half after the job is finished ...
You: that is large sum of money. What i must to do for this money?
Noghri: do you accept a job captain? He smiles
You: okay you creature you have me for this job.
Noghri: okay captain we goo out from here to walking and talking about job...

but when i switch on edit mode and on first page i click on button add link i see this:

Server Error
500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

Is it any eror or what? and how i to fixed this problem?

8 years ago

Oh Milo, my dear. Always capitalize the word "i" to "I" when refering to yourself. Capitalize correctly. Also, keep in mind that you're writing a story, not a movie script. English is not my first language either. There is a spellchecker that you can put into good use.

8 years ago

Tnx for advice dear, but i have a problem with adding a link on page. And for spelling or gramatical mistake i will fixed later...

8 years ago

Correction:

Thanks for the advice, dear. But I have a problem with adding link on pages. And for spelling and grammatical mistake, I will fix it later...

8 years ago

>_> Raven, he has a bigger problem than grammar or spelling right now, ease up.

8 years ago

Yeah, I know. I'm not alexp and there's already a discussion about it. I don't have any bugs in my storygame so far. But that's because I created it before this bug occured. So... I decided to help on grammar and spelling instead.

8 years ago

You had some information about it, though, apparently... which you could've said here: " But this only occurs when i click on game options when the page isn't 100% loaded." ... so, try making sure the page has loaded completely, I guess?

Granted, it made absolutely no difference for me, I'm still getting the error.

8 years ago

Yep. That bug occurred on me even though I created my storygame before this bug was born. But clicking on game options after the page is 100% loaded will prevent it. Clicking on game options before the page is 100% loaded caused me to get that server error page.

8 years ago

Are you still having that internal server error from a few posts up?

8 years ago

It's a bug, Milo. I am ... not sure how to fix it, I tried doing what you did and I got the same error.

8 years ago

It's fixed, Milo, you're good to go.

8 years ago

@milosselakovic