Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Game based on reigns

7 years ago

I am currently working on a story game where you play as a king. However I don't think the storyline is good.

The idea is that you play as James, a new king to the throne, you have to rule until old age and every chapter becomes a year.

Problem is that it may  be a long game and I doubt people will have time to play it.

You can get a heir to the throne, you can slay a dragon, or start a war.

Do you think I should continue this concept, or change it in some way?

Game based on reigns

7 years ago
Don't worry about people having time. We have 2100 page Zombie Games and 0.5 Million wordcount stories that people read all day. As for the game, I am getting an Endmaster vibe from them. You should continue if you are certain that you will be able to complete it. However, do note that these kinds of stories require quite a bit of effort and the only one successfully pulling them off is End (as far as I know). You can check one of Endmaster's stories for some help. :)

Game based on reigns

7 years ago
I would advice first creating something on a smaller scale, considering you have already scrapped off one of you epic games prevously.

Game based on reigns

7 years ago
If you don't think the storyline is good, you should probably stop because you're not going to write it. Instead, make the storyline good! If each chapter is a year, do you have ideas for features in each year? Are future year options going to be based on choices in previous years? This does sound like it could be a substantial undertaking (unless each year is one page, which could also work just fine), so you need to like it if you're going to write it.