Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

What do you think so far?

7 years ago

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/viewer/default.aspx?StoryId=45439

7 years ago
I hope this fanfiction is fucking accredited. @SindriV, you cool with this?

7 years ago

If it's made clear it's fan-fiction, then sure, I guess? No different than making fan-fiction about anything else. Wish he would have let me know beforehand though.

7 years ago

I just saw SindrIV online, the summons worked.

7 years ago

I try logging in at least once a day, see what's up in the forums, answer messages if there are any etc.

7 years ago

Ah. I hope you've gotten permission to use these characters. 

7 years ago

Kain, you're good at scripting and seem reasonably literate, but you're starting to get a certain reputation around here. I'd really, really advise you to shake it while you still can and write something purely your own.

7 years ago

Maybe start making stuff you haven't stolen.....?

7 years ago

i just wanted to make a fangame with all my fovourite storygame characters. Everyone plese stop sending messages.

7 years ago

Wow.

7 years ago

He got mad at me for saying he should make his own game, instead of taking from other games...I've basically given up at this point :)

7 years ago

Really? He's PM'd me a good story that at least looked original. Or so I assumed.

7 years ago

If it was the Dungeon one from before, that one was completely copied(with permission, though) from a D&D thing.

7 years ago

(See below.)

7 years ago

Okay, had enough of this guy.

He’s basically being an asshole to everyone and continuing to dance around the plagiarism issue.

He’s received warnings from every active admin, along with various productive members.

He’s displayed no signs of improving. Not going to wait around for him to post a stolen story.

Banned.

7 years ago

Well, I can't say that I'll be losing sleep over that decision. 

7 years ago

:( well, I did warn him if he continued, there might be consequences.

Multiple times, actually. >~<

7 years ago
Fuck him. Oh well.

7 years ago
Hopefully this ban will teach him something. He seems like a decent writer when he puts effort into an original idea, so I hope he returns a few months from now under an alt and doesn't repeat the same mistakes.

7 years ago
It's a shame when the seemingly competent ones prove cancerous.

7 years ago

Yes. And with that, I believe I'm due for apologizing. I've been acting rather obnoxiously on the forums and displaying a lack of focus on writing and reading. I'll make it a sincere habit to shitpost less in order to distinguish myself from characters such as Kain. I do look forward to submitting true-effort ballads to the contest, being more productive (or at least less disruptive), and getting my storygame done sometime soon, preferably this holiday season. Needless to say, though, I won't be declining to the level of a plagiarist. Apologies to all who I have annoyed @Ford @TharaApples @EndMaster.

7 years ago

Huh? It's fine, totally not angry at you now or anything. I hope that you'll be able to put out the best ballad that you can possibly write.

Best of luck! ^^

7 years ago
The most annoying thing you've done to me all month is tag me in this useless post xD

7 years ago

Kain, for future reference it was probably the gibberish PMs that pushed things over the edge here. 

Next time when multiple people give you the exact same advice, consider that maybe, just maybe, there might be something to it.

Or stay totally convinced you're in the right and everyone else is insane if you want, whatever, but don't be a dick to people trying to help you.

7 years ago

Wait, are those the Remnants from Achilles, or am I being narcissistic?

Anyway, this reminded me of Newgrounds Rumble, which would've been cool. But you know, eh.