Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

December Contest Feedback Thread

7 years ago
It's in the title. Use this space to comment on the contest entries. If everyone listened, they should have the title at the top of their entry for easy reference.

Entries

7 years ago

Convenient.

7 years ago

Nice. This'll be a nice way to give and receive feedback.

Now i just have to wait for someone to start throwing tomatoes at me.

7 years ago

They don't ripen this time of year, so just wait six months.  Honestly, your poem was better than you gave yourself credit for. I would have just preferred to see some more rhymes.

7 years ago

Thanks.

I would be relieved about the tomatoes but now i'm worried i'll have other fruits thrown at me. Watermelon anyone?

7 years ago

I liked your poem as well :)

Hmm...how about bananas?

7 years ago

Yum.

7 years ago

To be honest, my current favorite is Will's. :)

7 years ago

Same here. His brought tears to my eyes actually.

7 years ago

While Mizal's and yours was great(The pictures in Mizal's was a nice touch), Will's had very vivid writing and I really liked the...flow(?) of it.

Needless to say, I won't be winning.

7 years ago

Will's had the imagery and flow down and told a subtler kind of story. Connecting natural events to human ones so that a poem is about two things at once is something you come across alot when reading, but writing it is harder than it looks. 

Seto, you're downplaying yours too much, I like it just fine and it tells a story while making it easy to envision the scene, it fits the theme well. 

MinnieKing, yours was a good effort as a regular poem but technically might not quite be a ballad since its more focused on your personal feelings. Though the whole theme seems pretty open ended so I'm sure your points are safe. :P The important thing is to make the effort and have fun with it. None of us are exactly expert poets here and we're all going to lose to Will or Romulus anyhow. 

7 years ago

"...we're all going to lose to Will or Romulus anyhow..."

(Nope. Nuh-uh. Nada. Not happening. Nuhnuhnununo. Nah. Negatory. Null. No.)

7 years ago

Wow, that is a lot of ways to say no.

7 years ago

(You forgot nay, nein, nyet, ngava, kaddu, heunteu, sanes, tahatna, baken, kare, yaapw, inte, konotiri, jaab, bu dui, inehi, qay, amninida, ingaaha, dooda, k'amaq, gidenna, namoya, haan-haan, iyayi, atsa, tsy misy)

7 years ago

Or, in "Internet 'Trying to sound cool'" language, Nah Brah.

7 years ago

Yes, and it was done very well ^_^

Eh. It's a first attempt, so I guess I should be less harsh. I don't think I should try and write another one, though xD
(Definitely would not end well for my poor points >~< It took almost an hour.)

The rules were pretty vague, and Google is even vaguer when you try to find out more about writing these pesky things called ballads xD 

And yes. Or maybe T-Count could pull off a miracle and win all those points back xD

7 years ago

How many does T Count have to write? Six?

7 years ago

Yes, I think so. xD

7 years ago

Four.

Though if he wants to increase his odds of winning he can always bet more and submit more ballads. I'd say another 500 points for four more should do it.

7 years ago

Eight would be a fuckton. Who would survive knowing they have EIGHT to write on their plate? Lol.

7 years ago

That's put him at -1000 points, I think :c

I don't think he's that crazy.

I think.

7 years ago

-1090, actually... If he's already this deep in the hole, he's pretty crazy XD

7 years ago

Oh my. Yeah, I don't believe he's that insane. It took me a month or so to get 1000 points >~<

Edit: And that's supposed to be *that'd

7 years ago

Let me let you guys in on a secret: points don't actually do anything.

7 years ago

But they're shiny.

And I am part dragon.

Besides, people take me more seriously when I have points. Otherwise, my comments would probably be ignored xD

And I have this reputation of sorts of uphold. My thing is that I like points. If I suddenly express my disinterest in points, that'd be breaking character.

7 years ago

I've got 125 to make back now, so a good incentive to go archive diving over the holidays. (Have fun stalking my profile.)

7 years ago

Well, me and Thara raised Crescent from negative points to somewhere near 100 in a few days. I think we can do something similar to you :P

7 years ago

Good luck with that, Seto :)

7 years ago

It would be funny if you got different titles for how many negative points you had.

Like:

-100: Shitposter

-500: Shitlord

-1000: Fucktard

-5000: Ryder

7 years ago

Can that be a thing? xD

7 years ago

I think I prefer "THE DAMNED."

Also, if I were going to spend another 500 pts - WHICH I AM NOT - expect four good ballads and four crappy poems. I just don't have that kind of time.

7 years ago

Well, I just skimmed WIBN's, and I'm scared. I need to submit at least one ballad today.

7 years ago

You might not be winning, T-Count xD

And WIBN's entry was beautiful :) The ending was so sad yet not quite. Kind of bittersweet, I guess.

7 years ago

Yeah, the one I'm gonna publish today is gonna suck. The other three will be better, I swear. Lemme just finish the last ten stanzas and it'll be up.

7 years ago

All the entries are so good! I love Orange's CYOA ballad. :D However, all of you are making me nervous. They put mine to shame. XD

7 years ago

Crescent, yours has to be better than mine.

I've seen your poems. 

I feel like mine is irrefutably going to be the weakest entry xD

7 years ago

... Since when have you seen my poems? They're mostly freeform songs that don't have plot nor imagery. xD

7 years ago

*points to Sentinel's thread about poems*

From that, I judge your poem skills as good xD

7 years ago

Oh... those... Ye. No plot. >///< God, I actually posted that???

7 years ago

They sort of had a plot, I think.

7 years ago

Aight! Guess who's next!

7 years ago

:D You?

7 years ago

I agree. *kehehe*

7 years ago

I'm curious as to what people think of my ballad.

7 years ago

Great entry, T-Count ^-^

7 years ago

I hope so. Finding the right words to let each line fit in a smooth 16-syllable rhyme was time-consuming. Especially with the imagery, metaphor, and metaphorical imagery. Well, I only gotta do it like three more times.

7 years ago

xD I wish you luck.

7 years ago

Finally got @Crescentstar 's entry. Seems everyone is judging themselves too harshly. I've yet to read a bad ballad on that thread.

7 years ago

I really don't like my ballad. ;-; It just doesn't sound proper and right... :S

7 years ago

It has a pretty clunky rhyme scene, but it tells a great tale.

7 years ago

Clunky rhyme scene? *vigorously reads over poem* Near the end it does fall off a bit, but it was me trying to show a more free feel through form.

EDIT: Which means I'm trying to make excuses. Aka I failed XD

7 years ago

Am I allowed to know who is on the judging panel?

7 years ago

Ok guys, ok, say anything, but there is ONE major thing we must all remember.

Mine was the worst.

7 years ago
No. Your is just the worst ... for now. Soon, soon it won't be anymore.

7 years ago

Gee, thanks XD. Lol.

Although I have no room to talk, since I just insulted myself.

7 years ago

But mine is the worst ;-;

7 years ago

Seto, three things.

•You've been sick as hell.

•You're being way too hard on yourself.

•Your entry was actually really good.

7 years ago

A fourth thing: Seto, everyone thinks it's awesome.

And Minnie, I wanted to write something like yours, but I asked Bucky about a emotional/mental (non-physical) story, and he basically much said no. Yours was lovely, but I don't think it fit the ballad standard of "story".

7 years ago

Welp, there goes my points.

7 years ago

The definition of ballad was pretty vague...I think everyone's points are safe.

7 years ago

I judge my work differently from the way I judge the others.

Mostly it is based on how hard I worked on it, and how much I felt I could have done.

Therefore, to me, it is the worst.

And I refuse to let "you've been sick" be an excuse since I signed up for this a little bit before I started getting sick.

7 years ago

I'm not planning to be a dick to anyone about their poems unless we get one that's just very lazily slapped together or glaringly awful, seeing how poetry is usually more personal and not as straightforward to critique as regular writing. But I did notice MinnieKing's was more like a regular poem and I'm not sure fit the contest thread description of 'Ballads generally tell a story in a very direct manner'.

That said, it'd be up to Bucky, and he's using an extremely loose definition of ballads. (This CYOA I may or may not enter wouldn't really qualify otherwise...)  But pretty sure the main goal is just to put in a good effort and create something you're happy with.

Of course, if Minnie is worried about his points, there's still a few days left to write something new.

7 years ago

"Usually more personal and not as straightforward". Huh. You take a lot of words to say gay.

7 years ago

I'm being tactful.

7 years ago
Yeah, yours was shit. By far the worst.

7 years ago

How kind of you.

7 years ago
When you're fishing for compliments, sometimes you catch a boot.

7 years ago

In this case, I caught a snake.

7 years ago

Steve is a very adorable snake :D

7 years ago

Yes I must admit, the snake is pretty cool.

7 years ago
Eat a dick like Meiwes.

7 years ago

1) I'm not German.

2) Not a computer repair technician

3) Nope. No vore for me.

4) I think that's all I have to say on this, but I like the look of the number 4, so this will be something.

7 years ago

Four sounds like death in Chinese. O.o

7 years ago
I did that once.

7 years ago
Well, Seto's is pretty bad, but yeah, maybe.

7 years ago

Looking at Will's, he seemed to focus more on imagery than rhyme, where as I favored a rhyming ballad for one full of imagery. Mine told a story, but he painted a picture while telling his story, making it all the more enthralling. Maybe I should aim for that in my next couple of ballads.

7 years ago

Yeah, I think you should try out a variety of different ballads because not only does that improve your chances, it also gives you more practice in poetry and writing in general. :) I'm saying this as a reader, not a rival.

7 years ago
Humility is for gentlemen trying to woo ladies and losers.

Someone come out and say their bloody ballad rocks the Casbah.

7 years ago

I'm actually pretty confident with my ballad (though the rhymes are... Well... XD).

7 years ago

Well, I could brag about how mine's the longest and how it managed to have a consistent rhyme scheme while some of the others didn't, but looking at it, it's far from the best. Maybe I'll brag about the others.

7 years ago

If you guys don't think your poems are good you probably shouldn't have entered them. (Luckily, it's not too late to withdraw!)

7 years ago

Is this your plan to rid of the competition?

7 years ago

Dun Dun Duuuun!!

So this is the evil plan!

7 years ago
That would be the punch bowl spiked with rattlesnake venom.

7 years ago

XD She preserved that lol. Yeah, never accepting punch from mizal.

7 years ago

I knew I should never trust beverages! *Glares at a punch bowl*

7 years ago

Mizal, I already know that I can't beat you, but this is just taking it too far. ;-;

7 years ago

The punch bowl is just a distraction so she can scissor/hoe you in the back...

7 years ago
Favorited.

7 years ago

The punchbowl is a sleeping draught, to deaden the pain. Again, I'm being kind, thoughtful Mizal for this one.

7 years ago

The only plan I need is being better than you all, and I've already done it. This is just me graciously offering a suggestion to save yourselves from embarrassment.

7 years ago
While the embarrassment of your ballad being shit is quite big, it still beats the shame if you submit nothing at all. And it's not like what others wrote is that much worse from your work. They just aren't that self assured. It's just like with food: If someone else makes pizza, it will be perfect, exelent and just the best. If you make a pizza, it will be only ok (or worse) even if it actually was better and less burned.

7 years ago
Did... did you just put mizal on blast? Because precedent states that you're obligated to make a special thread for that.

I'm just going to slowly back away now. And maybe prepare a nice eulogy.

7 years ago

I thought so at first but I think she replied to the wrong post and was maybe trying to be reassuring to one of these emotionally needy children instead.

For now I will go get the shovel but hold off on digging the hole.

7 years ago
I have no intention, whatsoever, to start a fight with eather you, Mizal, or any other member of this site. If my post sounded like it I am sorry. I guess that the fact that I replied to your post did give out such impression. I thought it would be sort of fitting because you did offer a suggestion to save us from embarrassment, but your idea would actually make it worse.
And I better stop before I make this even worse and anger even more people without meaning to. Sorry.

7 years ago

No, no! Don't apologize! Call Mizal a cunt! She is a cunt, for fuck's sake! Fuck you, Mizal, you cunt!

7 years ago
I'm sure you can do that yourself as well, and I wouldn't want to get between your rivalry.

7 years ago

Just did.

7 years ago

I like you already. XD

7 years ago
Haha, don't worry.

7 years ago

So, seeing as everyone's a little bitch who can only stutter out "Oh jeez, oh gosh, my poetry was so bad uh I'm so stupid compliment me plez", it's once again up to the Irishman to show you to do this. I considered writing a shitty entry to show you how to gloat, but then I remembered I'm not a poetry writing fag. Instead, I'm going to give you a few lines to toss out haphazardly to insult other "poets" or gloat.

"You take the Poe out of poetry, leaving just the try, which is all you can do as you fail again and again!"

"I could've had a better rhyming scheme if I only ended lines with purple, orange and silver."

"I AM A POETRY GOD NOW! WITNESS MY ASCENSION!"

"God, you have the wit and brevity of Tim, if Tim had been dropped on his head two or three more times than he actually was."

"FUCK OFF, YOU DICK-EATING WORD MAGGOT!"

"If you really think you're a poet, you should take the Plath route."

"You're not a poet. Your mouth isn't useful for spitting words, you might as well go put a dick in, son. See what I did there? That was motherfucking humor! It was so funny it literally had sex with your mother! Fuck you, cockroach!"

"You're like a gay version of Wilde, and he sucked a lot of dick, so that does not speak well for you."

"Hey @Bucky, let's save some time and get to inscribe the trophy to "INSERT NAME HERE". What do you mean you don't inscribe it? Get it done, bitch, I'm the poet! Not a poet, the poet!"

"INSERT NAME HERE!"

"I didn't try hard because fuck poetry so I just published a piece of shit, but even that's so good it'll turn you into coprophiles, bitches."

"You got beat, bitch! Sit down, stick your hands in your pants and fiddle with yourself until you hate yourself less, or more. Whichever works."

P.S. If you try to be funny and actually say "Insert Name Here" rather than actually inserting your name, you have the humor and intelligence of Tim, if Tim had been dropped on his head two or three more times than he actually was.

7 years ago

"Insert Laughter Here"

7 years ago

Roses are Red
My thoughts are twisted
Bend over baby
You’re about to get fisted

7 years ago

I think you meant this to go in the other thread, right before summarily declaring yourself the winner and taking everyone's points.

7 years ago
It's foreshadowing ^_^

7 years ago

Honestly I probably saw this written somewhere else, it's sort of like the old standby "Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, You're the one, I want to screw."

7 years ago

You know, I like to stroke my own ego, but I didn't want to be the ass that went and considered himself superior when it came to writing. But since we're all sick and tired of consideration and humility, and because this is a contest that I already put a lot on, let me just state that by the end of the day, I'll be submitting two more ballads that will easily put anything currently on that thread to shame. I'd advise all of you to spend more points in order to outdo your previous efforts, so that the humiliation of losing to me will be that much worse for you. In addition, I would like to ask @Bucky to rank the top three entries submitted by the deadline as first, second, and third. If I don't make it to at least 3rd place, I sacrifice 500 more points in addition to the five hundred I've already lost. Meaning:

First Place: I'm safe and get back 500 pts and gain 100 pts for winning as agreed.

Second or Third Place: I don't get my points back, but I don't lose anymore than what I already gave up.

Below That: Take away 500 more points from my total.

But I've nothing to worry about. I'll enjoy regaining my 500 points. Have fun watching my rise to glory.

7 years ago
Finally, someone with a spine.

7 years ago

If your first ballad was anything to go by, then it's safe to say that you'll still be in the negative when December is over.

7 years ago

You wanna enter one and see how you do?

7 years ago

This isn't about me, sir.

You don't have to be a chef to critique a terrible meal. I'm just stating that your first ballad wasn't all that good, and I don't see how you'll suddenly become a master of ballads in such a short period of time.

But I am hoping to be proven wrong. Good luck! ^^

7 years ago

I just want to say I thought you were an idiot at first, but I'm actually hoping you pull it off now. This has been kind of.... inspirational???

On ivory pedestals,
shrill hecklers sit protected,
serviced by their knights.
guarded from every slight.

T-Count disregards them all,
writing long with all his might,
Win back the points he cherished,
This he's vowed to do or perish.

.....now I just have to see whether you fail horribly and build your own funeral pyre out of a stack of rejected poetry, or actually pull it off before I can do the rest.

7 years ago

Thanks. That means a lot. Hopefully, it's the latter.

7 years ago
Yeah, ignore Thara. She was personally invited to enter the contest and declined, so as far as I'm concerned, everyone that completes their entries is in the winning category, which puts them on a pedestal above the non-writers.

For glory! For Points! For the Allfather! (foreshadowing?)

7 years ago

(Hate when I log off the site and I see notifications for posts that've been deleted. Feh.)

Anyway, I reviewed my last poem, and I think I've pinned down the problems with it.

1.) Too long.

2.) Somewhat unnatural in word flow.

3.) Not enough imagery.

4.) Story was too bland.

5.) Weak theme.

About right?

7 years ago

It being long is not a problem unless you think it dragged on unnecessarily.

7 years ago

@Bucky Perhaps you should tag everyone who hasn't submitted yet in the Submissions/Feedback thread?

7 years ago
They've got all weekend yet. I guess I could prod them on Sunday if they're still being slothful.

7 years ago
Good effort everyone, but I think pugpup just took the prize.

7 years ago

It's always the quiet ones...

Well, I don't mind losing to that guy. Even if it does cost me 500 points. It's not like I needed them anyway.

hahahahahasobsob

EDIT: A developed storygame with background, beautiful pictures, AND choices that rhyme? Oh hell nah. We need a second place position 'cuz that's just too much.

Much applaud to pugpup1. I expect to see that featured or something.

7 years ago
I was just sitting there shedding tears at the beauty at it all, while hating him so, so much.

Any other category and I'd say for sure it would wind up featured, but Fantasy is a tough nut to crack, the stories there now are some of the best on the site and not likely to be budged.

7 years ago

Well, the only thing I can do is finish my last two and honorably give him the victory.

Image result for crying while clapping

7 years ago
Yeah, you can't throw on the towel just yet. Feels fair to warn you that you will never, ever be allowed to live it down if you don't produce all the promised poems. Hope you didn't have plans for the weekend.

7 years ago

They'll get done, no doubt. I'd submit the third one right about now, but it probably has a ton of typos I'm too tired to check. Saturday it is.

7 years ago

Well, Innkeeper could be replaced by it. Maybe.

7 years ago

If it stays at a 7/8, I'd be in favor of this.

7 years ago

@MadHattersDaughter, just wanna let you know your link does not work. Pretty sure Twine stores its saves locally, so you'll probably need to export it somehow and host it somewhere to share it.

7 years ago

thank you, I added a new link.

7 years ago

So far I've found all the CYOA entries enjoyable (Yes even Digit's).

I'd rank them as follows:

1. Pugpup

2. Mizal

3. Orange

4. Digit

7 years ago
This would imply you actually read them? I'm shocked.

e: pugpup even got a comment, wow.He really has pulled off the impossible.

7 years ago

It's a Christmas miracle.

7 years ago
At the risk of lazy posting, I'd agree with EndMaster's assessment right now.

7 years ago

Guess who's getting fourth place prizeeeee.

7 years ago

Good job to all the newer people on that list! You beat mizal and the rest of us in End's eyes...at least... I think Orange is newer. xD

7 years ago

Haha thank you, and yes, I'm a total no0b.

7 years ago

Pugpup did great :D

7 years ago

Thank you! Nothing like a contest to actually motivate me into writing

7 years ago

XD That is true. I mean, my first bit of writing in a while was for this.

7 years ago
What woodwork did you even crawl out of? Haven't started reading entries yet, but if your stuff is good as everyone is hyping it up to be, I hope you stick around and don't go crawling back to your hideaway in the forest.

7 years ago

Well, an infestation of orcs forced me out of my mountain lair and drove me to this site. I hope to stick around too, at least until I can recruit some mercenaries to reclaim my homeland.

7 years ago

*raises hand* I volunteer! I haven't fought orcs in a while...

7 years ago

If you want mercenaries, well...I will do anything for points.

Maybe not anything.

7 years ago

Excellent, excellent. Tally-ho then lads

7 years ago
I forgot about the contest until BD reminded me over discord lol. I'm going to extend my current ballad but I don't think I can beat pugpup xD

7 years ago

You're welcome, everyone.

7 years ago
IAP's was a fun read. :D Goes to show you don't have to have some kind of epic drama and heartbreak to tell a good story.

Keep 'em coming guys! You've still got the weekend!

7 years ago

Hmm... I'm considering doing another, but don't know where I'll squeeze in the time and out the sanity. >~<

7 years ago

Well, if you're anything like me, then you've already got all your sanity squeezed out.

7 years ago

This is so entertaining.

7 years ago
Thanks.  Just happy that I finally finished something writing related.

Hopefully I'll get around to reading everyone else's over the weekend.

7 years ago
Enjoyed yours very much. Liked the vibe.

7 years ago
Much appreciated.  You can give yourself a pat on the back for another fantastic contest.  Keep up the good work.

I think everyone did a nice job.  And there were some really great ballads.

7 years ago

Uh, since @Digit 's finished with his, shouldn't he put the link in the Submission thread?

7 years ago

COME ON T-ACCOUNT! YOU'RE ALMOST THERE M'BOY

7 years ago

Yeah!! I'm rooting for you!!! ^-^

7 years ago

*Plays "The Final Countdown" on radio*

7 years ago

I want to do another, but I didn't get my fee paid yet. ;-;

7 years ago

And thus, 24 hours remain.

7 years ago

Oh shit. One of ya mods better take my fee for another soon!! I can't submit another without it. >~<

7 years ago

Done.

7 years ago

Thank you! *rushes to storygame and begins working on it on my tiny little phone in this dark room* It's a CYOA, so I hope I don't disappoint! With all the wonderful CYOAs so far...

7 years ago

7 years ago

Damnit u guys! This is so suspenseful. >~<

7 years ago

If only I had a time machine...

7 years ago

Wait, do you have another entry you have to submit? :o

7 years ago

No.

7 years ago

I was gonna make a countdown, but it was like giving me trouble.

7 years ago

Crap crap crap crap crap

7 years ago
embed from third party sources?

7 years ago
Well, Candlelight is finished, finally! I hope it doesn't look that bad. Any feedback about what I should do better in the future and what was just wrong would be nice. If anyone survives reading it, that is.

7 years ago

I really liked Year of the Dead. I've known someone who was similar to that when he learned he didn't have long left to live and that was almost exactly what he was like. 

7 years ago
I've had my entry written in a reply-post textbox for about 2 days now attempting to extend it after seeing other people's really long ballads. The good news is that in procrastinating finishing up my entry I've gotten a lot of other things done xD

7 years ago

... Wonderful job, Ford. Wonderful *claps* Glhf with it then :)

7 years ago

Six hours til deadline.

7 years ago

Well, I'm finished. Anybody kept track of who didn't?

EDIT: Oh wait, you did xD

7 years ago

Well it's not good, but it's done. And that's what counts.

7 years ago
Didn't turn out as long as I wanted - I got rid of ~5 stanza's. They just didn't sound good to me. I wrote mine to a beat when I made it and kind of just winged it basing it off my father.

7 years ago

The first and last parts of that statement don't make sense together. XD

7 years ago
I know people start gushing on about how 'that's so sad, that's so beautiful, I teared up!' etc. for pretty much every one of these, but that was really good and really sad, Ford.

Klam, I'd thought you were still working on the one with the robots, I'm know I'm supposed to go omg 40k sucks u gaiz!!! or whatever but, actually orks are the only acceptable thing about the setting and that was a lot of fun. :D

7 years ago
Thank you vey much.

7 years ago

Thanks mizal. 

7 years ago
And Bradin writes about dragons. I am shocked, just shocked I tell you.

It's pretty damn good actually. Pugpup's still winning IMO, but at least someone can pose a challenge now.

7 years ago

See?! See?! I didn't forget! SEE?!

*breathes heavily*

Ugh, it's too late for this... But not too late for entry!

11:57 p.m. Beat that!

*continues to breathe heavily*

I had some much more planned, but time just escaped me. Oh well, no SHAME for me! HAHAHAHAHA!!!

*breathing slows down*

7 years ago

What a lad. 

7 years ago
Congratulations. I'm impressed.

7 years ago

I knew you'd do it T-Count!

But you might lose to pugpup :(

You might still be Damned.

7 years ago
Yeah, I could see where your brain kind of cracked on that last stanza there, lol.

Just checked your word count though, and 2,300 for that one alone, not bad. No one else managed four entries, so even if you don't win I hope they pin some kind of Honorable Mention ribbon on you before gently nudging you into the -1000 pit of (unbolded, lowercase) shame.

7 years ago

Actually, that last stanza was the plan from the beginning. A whole story based on exactly what Bucky said wouldn't qualify. It would've been wittier had I been able to fully develop the story as planned.

And yeah, lowercase shame doesn't sound so bad. Next time I enter a contest, I'll decide whether or not to join from the very beginning.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go rub this is Mason's stupid face.

7 years ago
Okay, I was wondering where the hell I'd seen that stanza before. I even googled it, then decided I was hallucinating.