Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

I miss the writing prompts

7 years ago
Any interest in starting those up again now that 2017 is here? (Most of my resolutions were writing related...)

I'm not sure I'd want to put them up as frequently as Axiom's, but maybe a weekly thing with a handful of prompts to pick from?

7 years ago

I have half a mind to start another Non-Writing series, though admittedly I was too lazy to punish Tim for his intrusions last time. Too many people seemed to think I was being serious... Or the whole idea of the punishment at hand really was that horrible, but at least I didn't try to pretend you'd be rewarded for all that disgusting productivity.

7 years ago

One of the obstacles I face when writing is coming up with a decent idea to write about, so I'm interested. Also, alongside the written and picture writing prompt, maybe have a video writing prompt as well?

7 years ago
Wait, so pictures aren't good enough? They have to be moving pictures, with sound?

Your lack of imagination disgusts me.

(Also I have no idea what Sent is rambling about above. But, this is normal.)

7 years ago

Pff, you never saw the tremendous event that was the SHITWRITING EXTRAVAGANZA!?

To be fair, very few people did.

7 years ago

Oh yeah, that was a thing.

I WAS GOING THROUGH A PHASE OKAY

7 years ago

I didn't suggest video writing prompts for only my specific benefit, a format that combines text and pictures, as well as having sound and music could help people better visualize a setting and build a story within that setting, such as this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMzdjs7qYYs

Of course, there's not an abundance of these that aren't part of a school project, so perhaps they could only be used rarely?

7 years ago

I'd sign up for that. Maybe biweekly.

7 years ago

I would actually be interested in starting these again.

Um...not sure how I'd do though...

Edit: I've made it. Feel free to start writing.

7 years ago

You can always use the writing prompts subreddit if you want prompts..