Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Writing Advice

7 years ago

So I'm planning on making this story of mine based on the Napoleonic Wars but I'm not really an experienced writer. Should I just go for it and write the story or should I release a few smaller stories before I make it just to get some experience and maybe recognition?

Writing Advice

7 years ago

I recommend starting small. If you're new and haven't even written anything, don't try to make a huge advanced storygame.

Writing Advice

7 years ago

You can always have one main project going on while working on smaller side projects that you plan to be rather short. 

So far I'm at about 20

Writing Advice

7 years ago

It's best to work on one thing at a time.

Writing Advice

7 years ago

Not in some cases.

It's all preference though.

Writing Advice

7 years ago

How long should a small story be?

Writing Advice

7 years ago

I'd say 30 pages, mabye 40. If you wanna do something medium ish, go for mabye 80-100.

Writing Advice

7 years ago
20 pages at the very least.

Writing Advice

7 years ago

Let me point out that each page should have at least four paragraphs if it's that short.

Writing Advice

7 years ago

Thanks guys.

Writing Advice

7 years ago

@Will11 is experienced with edutainment, if you need help with the particular genre he can help.

Writing Advice

7 years ago

I would advise you to work on smaller stories first to get the hang of it before attempting a huge storygame. It all depends on your work ethic, and how well you can stick to it. 

I have seen a lot of people who've planned HUGE storygames, got discouraged when it took forever, and left. I sincerely hope you won't do that.

Writing Advice

7 years ago

Thanks for the advice.

Writing Advice

7 years ago

No problem ^_^

Writing Advice

7 years ago

D: I'm doing one that includes the Napoleonic Wars too! ^-^ Mine includes the prelude, but meh. Good luck!