Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Multiple storygames

7 years ago

What are your thoughts about starting more than one writing project or storygame at the same time? Like you've got so many different ideas and you want to put them all into motion, but at the same time it might limit how much you can do on each of them.

Is this advisable or is it better just to stick to one at a time?

Multiple storygames

7 years ago
Nah, having more than one project is fine. You can bounce back and forth as your creativity allows and when you burn out on one, there's another till you feel up to the other again.

Multiple storygames

7 years ago
Don't be the guy who starts five million of them and writes a single page of each, but otherwise I'm with Berka, having two or even three projects going at once keeps you from burning out. Personally I'm going with the grim unswerving single project focus to the bitter end out of necessity right now, but there are far more enjoyable ways to write.

Multiple storygames

7 years ago

In my opinion, it's best to have two projects at once. You can bounce back between them, as Berka said, but I feel that three or more is too much and will end up just slowing your productivity.

Multiple storygames

7 years ago

I myself am guilty of running a number of projects at the same time, which can be stressful and irritating if done incorrectly. I recommend having two storygames at a time, allowing you to move back and forth between them to give those creative juices a good workout. Also, taking a break after working hard on your storygames is an advisable thing to do. If you're focusing too much on planning out exactly when you're going to publish your storygame, it can lead to stress and lack of interest if you fall behind. 

Multiple storygames

7 years ago
First few projects? I'd recommend stick to one or at maximum two. Beyond that, perhaps keeping a few more spinning could work.

Multiple storygames

7 years ago
I always have more than one going at a time so when I get stuck on one, I can work on the others.