Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Needs Help With Title!

7 years ago

So, I'm working on a story right now, about a story when superheroes, and powers exist. It takes perspective from a villain, I'm not going to put much of any detail, because I haven't worked much on it. The Villains name is "Bones" which I was initially going to call it that, but apparently theres a crime drama called Bones, do you think its fine, if I call mine "Bones" even if its very different genre and story? Or should I just go with another title? I need answers for this, thanks.

Needs Help With Title!

7 years ago
Many of the stories here have pretty generic names - Dead Man Walking, Eternal, Necromancer, etc. I would say go with 'Bones'.

Needs Help With Title!

7 years ago

Titles are meant to give a short phrase or word that describes what the story is about. A summary of sorts. I'd suggest working on an outline of the story at the least before trying to come up with a title for something that doesn't even exist yet. That being said, most super hero/villain stories just say the name of the main character. Think "Iron Man" or "Super Man." Those can be good, but you could also do what Steve did and simply make the title about the setting, "Prometheus Academy." You have loads of options, and frankly I'd wait until I have worked on it that much before working on a title. 

Needs Help With Title!

7 years ago
Bones is a very common word that exists in the dictionary. I'm also pretty sure no one is going to ever confuse a cop show on their TV with a CYOA story about supervillains.