Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Cystia Academy: Under the Motto

7 years ago
This seemed to be a interesting project to take on if I could do it in the right way which was to put all the CYS members in a boarding school. Seems dumb as shit when you think about it but I want to see if I can make it work. Going to try to cameo as many people as I possibly can whether they be part of the school faculty or just regular students.

There's a very high chance that there's going to be no romance anywhere in the story. If however you don't want me writing you in then please put it here and I'll write you out at a moments haste.

I'm getting around 1.5k words a day for this project so expect this to be about pretty soon, shooting for a 6/8 length with at least 50k words.

I'll be adding a few snipets down below of a few rough drafts of scenes I got so far.

7 years ago
Haven't edited this scene so a rough draft

After the receptionist had given you your schedule and dorm room number, she told you to report to the library immediately to get all the text books that you would be needing for the rest of the year. The library, located right across, having its own dedicated building was one that seemed bigger than it should have been.

Walking inside one could see the vast amounts of shelves that lined every section of the walls of the building with study tables placed in various random locations for what seemed like better access.

Who you assumed to be the librarian, was situated in a desk that was almost three-fourths of your height. Busy he was as he typed rapidly while giving a book a look every few moments while scribbling something down on paper with many more scattered all over his work space.

"Yes how may I help you." He said dully.

"The receptionist sent here to pick up textbooks."

"What's your dorm room number?"

"243."

"Student ID?"

142334"

Writing all your information down the librarian slides the note to his side and goes back on his computer.

"I don't have the textbooks here at the moment but I'll send a runner with everything you need by the end of the day."

"Alright, thank you." You say.

"While your here would you like to grab anything, a book perhaps." The librarian says giving you direct eye contact for the first time.

"I'm not really looking for anyth-."

"Now don't give me that, everyone needs a good book to pass the time here, our school is built on reading and writing if you didn't already know."

"I know that it's just not something that's a prior-."

"What interests you?"

"Excuse me?"

"What topics interest you?" The librarian repeats.

"Fiction I guess?"

"Alright that's a good place to start, now what kind of fiction."

"I don't know, I mean that's kind of bro-."

"What sounds more appealing fantasy, dystopia, some western?"

"Fantasy and dystopia seem interesting."

"Ah see now were getting somewhere." The librarian says as he clasps his hand.

"Alright we got a story about nuclear fallout, a few stories involving orcs, there's a pretty lengthy zombie book we have that pretty well read around here."

"I'll give the orc one a try I guess?"

"Very good choice, now let's set you up with a library card and you're good to go."

"Thanks Mr.-" You look at the name tag on his shirt that reads-
--------------------

Still thinking of who best to fill this position

7 years ago
End is literally a librarian, so use him. Though you should change his dialogue if you do.

7 years ago
If i didn't already have all the mods or admins taking up the higher up faculty jobs I would have gone that route.

I'm going to have him be Stryker I think, mainly for the fact that he always helps whenever someone needs a resource or link for anything.

7 years ago

I thought he was an archivist?

7 years ago

Yeah, though usually archivists usually just get lumped in with the librarians. You practically take all the same classes with a few extras anyway.

Anyway, like I told Digit, as long as he isn't shipping anyone together like AYT was doing, he's probably going to be fine with cameos.

7 years ago

The more you know.

She was shipping people together? At random?

7 years ago

She wrote some prehistoric setting and had various CYS members as cave people having sex with each other or something. I think we were all having sex with Mizal. Can't remember exactly.

She got docked a bunch of points for it though and the story got deleted.

7 years ago

Holy moley, that's whack.

7 years ago

Hormones are funny like that, y'know? 

7 years ago
I thought it was a really descriptive story about molesting Kiel.

7 years ago
Up to 6k so far

Heres background about dorm/orders. a rough draft again
---------------------------

You pressed the up arrow a few times with no response coming from the elevator.

"Sorry Hun, the elevator is out." Came a voice from the glassed reception area, which was now occupied with an older looking lady.

You nod as you make your way towards the stairs.

"Welcome to the architect dorm, couldn't have been placed in anywhere better." She said again causing you to look at her.

"Architect Dorm?"

"Yes, that is what we go by instead of the building letters that are outside, the students have been wanting to change that for years, even going as far as to paint their logos themselves last year. The orders help give more a community feeling around the dorms." She explains.

"So like a fraternity or something then?" You ask confused.

"Exactly like that, though we like to refer to them as orders. Everyone in this dorm shares a bond that is held by each order to help one another against the rival dorms, there's even some competitions that the school holds where each dorm can gain certain luxuries if they end up winning the events that are held."

You nod, grasping the general idea of it.
----------
Inquire about orders*
Head to your dorm
----------
"So what are other dorms referred to as." You ask curiously.

"There are three others beside this one, the Wardens, the Marauders, and the Sages. Each one is sponsored by some faculty members and the groups even have some schooling influence as well when it pertains to field trips and other grouping and school wide activities." She continues.

"You said something about competitions?"

"Ah yes, there are academic, sport, and dorm related competitions that are held every now and then that help boost teamwork and bonds with your dorm mates. The winning dorms get some good rewards in their dorms such as better appliances in their kitchens, a bigger TV or game system in their rec-rooms, a dorm exclusive field tip, or even just a new paint job for their dorm." You raise your eyebrows at how interesting that all sounds.

"So far the dorms that seem to be winning the most from the past year are the Sages and Marauders,but don't worry, we still have fighting spirit and are sure to win the next competitions when they come up this year. Be sure to try out at least one of them, there's sure to be a big one once everyone is situated in the next few days."

Head to your dorm
Inquire about changing dorms

7 years ago

I expect myself to be as awesome in this story as I am in general

Who was the lady?

7 years ago

I'lll be keeping that in mind later in the story

Still skimming through the architect users to decide, may be puddlebunni. fergie14233 is really tempting though.

7 years ago

I think the kindness matches that of either Cres or Puddlebunni, but that's just my opinion.

7 years ago

^ I second this opinion, as I have no idea who Fergie or whomever is.

7 years ago

Sounds like a cartoon character from the 80s.

7 years ago

*Points to red sandmarks on the cave wall*

Portrait Fergie!

Ancient hero from before fire. Long dead now. No talk about.

7 years ago

*places hand on cave wall on image of Fergie*

Oh, much sad.

7 years ago

Is okay though. Soon we invent articles, auxillary verbs, and possessive noun.

6 years ago

I'm kind? ^_^ older looking tho? :(

6 years ago

I think by "older looking," the story meant like, a few years older then the protagonist. Then again, I could be wrong.

7 years ago
This looks well thought out and highly promising, looking forward to this :)

7 years ago
Seems interesting. Keep up the good work.